Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

firmware upgrade problem

This has been discussed with some DJI Forum reps on RCG: the cancelled status means that the firmware update process is cancelled because the firmware is up to date, not that it failed. It's a question of poor semantics. It would be helpful if the app would display firmware version and it has been suggested that DJI update the app to include that.
I initially had a similar error message saying that it was cancelled. I took the SD card that came with the Inspire and I reformatted the card. I then reinstalled the .bin file and it then worked a full firmware update. I don't know why it worked but it worked.

My unit came with a firmware loaded in the memory card.
The firmware was the one just prior to the latest one now.
It was a 30 DEC 2014 production version (stamped on the box)

Good to see DJI is updating firmware as they roll out of the factory.
Okay, I knew I read that somewhere. I probably would have formatted right away and would have never seen that. You should archive that update and hang onto it. Then I would format that card and proceed with the new update. Me, I will probably buy a second card just for updating. I question what the deal is for updating batteries that aren't available yet. Will running the update again in two weeks with a new battery actually work to update the battery only?

So, any luck with your firmware update? Keep us posted.
Thanks but no luck I put the memory card in my Mac laptop clicked on the download then a blue line loading across when done I didn't see anything else to do I know it says to put it root file I don't what to do like I said I'm pretty dum when it comes to computoers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks but no luck I put the memory card in my Mac laptop clicked on the download then a blue line loading across when done I didn't see anything else to do I know it says to put it root file I don't what to do like I said I'm pretty dum when it comes to computoers

So... I'm no genuis w/ computers but I have a Mac, too. Here's what I did:

1. Put the microSD card into the SD card adaptor and put the entire thing into your Mac.
2. The icon for the card should show up on your desktop. It probably will say "No Name".
3. Double click on the icon and see what is contained w/in the card. Delete everything in the card.
4. Go to http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download and download the zipped firmware file. You can download it to your downloads directory or your desktop - somewhere you'll remember.
5. Depending on how you've set things up, the zipped file either will automatically unzip or you need to unzip it. The name of the file you want is WM610_FW_V01.02.00.14.bin
6. Do not try to decompress or modify this .bin file. Just take it and copy it to your SD card.
7. Drag the SD card icon from the desktop to the trash. This will properly remove the SD card from your Mac's desktop.
8. Remove the microSD card from your adaptor and place it back into the camera of your Inspire 1.
9. Startup your Inspire 1. It should do the rest. If you want to check out the progress, you can use the DJI Pilot app to review the progress.

To update the RC, drag the same WM610_FW_V01.02.00.14.bin file to a USB drive (probably better but not necessary that there is nothing else on it), and turn on RC. It will automatically detect the .BIN file and do a firmware update. Do not put the .BIN file in any other "folder" or directory, otherwise the RC cannot locate the file and it will not autoupdate.

Hope that is helpful.

Reactions: slim.slamma
I tried that and it said can't open unidentified developer

I tried that and it said can't open unidentified developer

Are you sure the download is zipped? Mac OS automatically unzips files downloaded through Safari and Mac OS has a built in unzipper. No need to download anything typically if it's a newer system.

Check the extension of the file to verify its not .bin. The icon will look like a zipped file but it's not in fact a zip file unless the extension ends in .zip.

If you still want to use 3rd party zip software, your response indicates that you are on a newer Mac OS (because that is a newer feature of Mac OS), and you can turn that off temporarily or permanently in the security settings of your OS. Google "disable unidentified developer Mac OS X" for more info.

Thanks for your help I think I'll just take my sd card and iPad to Apple Store they can help me

I've read on several stories that it's a modified A2, but that seems to be conjecture, as I can't find anything specifically from DJI that states such. Still, you wonder how multiple people could come to that impression.

I've read on several stories that it's a modified A2, but that seems to be conjecture, as I can't find anything specifically from DJI that states such. Still, you wonder how multiple people could come to that impression.
I went on-line to the DJI chat and they tell me it an upgraded A2. I'll take their word for it.

Reactions: Morgon
Lmlm it's giving you the permission error because of your settings you need to change them from trusted apple only to any that will solve your issues.

Are you sure the download is zipped? Mac OS automatically unzips files downloaded through Safari and Mac OS has a built in unzipper. No need to download anything typically if it's a newer system.

Check the extension of the file to verify its not .bin. The icon will look like a zipped file but it's not in fact a zip file unless the extension ends in .zip.

If you still want to use 3rd party zip software, your response indicates that you are on a newer Mac OS (because that is a newer feature of Mac OS), and you can turn that off temporarily or permanently in the security settings of your OS. Google "disable unidentified developer Mac OS X" for more info.
I finely got my inspire firmware in what I was not doing when I was dragging the binfile over on top of sd I did not hold for 2sec then it work thank for all of your help

So... I'm no genuis w/ computers but I have a Mac, too. Here's what I did:

1. Put the microSD card into the SD card adaptor and put the entire thing into your Mac.
2. The icon for the card should show up on your desktop. It probably will say "No Name".
3. Double click on the icon and see what is contained w/in the card. Delete everything in the card.
4. Go to http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download and download the zipped firmware file. You can download it to your downloads directory or your desktop - somewhere you'll remember.
5. Depending on how you've set things up, the zipped file either will automatically unzip or you need to unzip it. The name of the file you want is WM610_FW_V01.02.00.14.bin
6. Do not try to decompress or modify this .bin file. Just take it and copy it to your SD card.
7. Drag the SD card icon from the desktop to the trash. This will properly remove the SD card from your Mac's desktop.
8. Remove the microSD card from your adaptor and place it back into the camera of your Inspire 1.
9. Startup your Inspire 1. It should do the rest. If you want to check out the progress, you can use the DJI Pilot app to review the progress.

To update the RC, drag the same WM610_FW_V01.02.00.14.bin file to a USB drive (probably better but not necessary that there is nothing else on it), and turn on RC. It will automatically detect the .BIN file and do a firmware update. Do not put the .BIN file in any other "folder" or directory, otherwise the RC cannot locate the file and it will not autoupdate.

Hope that is helpful.
I followed these instructions. I was doing several things wrong but after following instructs my i1 still want detect the new firmware update. I don't have the original sd card at the moment. Im stuck

My experience firmware upgrade although successful, didn't follow the DJI instructions as per their per file. I used a macbook pro and downloaded the firmware to my sd card. I copied it onto the root directory of the card. The instructions then stated to insert the card into the AC while both the RC AND AC are off. This method did not work for the first 3 attempts. The update did not start. It was only when I turned on the RC started the dji app, then turned on the AC, then my tablet prompted me to begin the firmware upgrade, then the camera began its D.D.D.D beeps. I did not time the process but it definitely did not take more than 10 mins.

I then updated the firmware on the remote using a flash drive. My first attempt as per the DJI instructions did not work either. When I copied the files from my mac onto my flash drive, the folder itself was in the root, but the bin file wasn't. You have to move the bin file into the root, not the folder. Also the less files on the media you are using should prove to be better. The remote tool about 10 mins as well.

Hope that helps someone.

Hi all. I'm pretty new at this.

I had an issue upgrading my controller. all the lights were white. no blues or green or red. all updates failed. I used the live chat on the inspire website for help. they passed me a link for a .bin file that was to be dropped into the SD card and all is well.
\i highly recommend their help. they have the software reset for it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84