Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware Upgrade Steps

Reaction score
I have a band new Inspire 1 and need to update the firmware. I have looked at the instructions in the user manual, and as simple as they seem, I don't fully understand. I've downloaded the WM610_FW_V01.05.00.30.bin file to my computer. The instructions say to extract the files to the SD card. When I double click the .bin file, it create a single .bin.cpgz file. This doesn't seem right. I'm working on a Mac. Some somebody point me in the right direction?

Hmmm, I guess it was packing automatically. I managed to download the .zip file, which which extracted, produced the .bin file. I assume the one file is all that is needed for the upgrade?

I have a band new Inspire 1 and need to update the firmware. I have looked at the instructions in the user manual, and as simple as they seem, I don't fully understand. I've downloaded the WM610_FW_V01.05.00.30.bin file to my computer. The instructions say to extract the files to the SD card. When I double click the .bin file, it create a single .bin.cpgz file. This doesn't seem right. I'm working on a Mac. Some somebody point me in the right direction?
Welcome to the forum and the Inspire. Have you first checked what firmware is already installed on your Inspire 1? To do this power up your I1, your Remote Control (RC) and your Tablet with the DJI GO App. Tab the icon in the top right corner and scroll to the bottom to find About. This should list all the software versions in use.

To answer your question about the .bin file. Once you download the .zip on a Mac it automatically opens the enclosed folder and files. You need to drag or copy the .bin onto the MicroSD cards root directory. Do not double-click on it. Then with your RC powered OFF, insert the MicroSD card into your Camera slot and power up the I1. After 30s start up, the upgrade should start (indicated by a DDDD tone) and last about 13-14mins. When complete you should hear a D..DD tone to indicate the update is complete. Ensure that you have a freshly charged battery and once started DO NOT INTERRUPT the update process. Sometimes you may hear other odd tones and the DDDD may briefly stop and restart. Once complete power OFF you I1 and check the .txt file on MicroSD card on your Mac. It should report Success if it worked, Failed if it did not and Aborted if there was nothing to update.

You now, I'm getting the D..DD tone continuously. Do need to wait till it goes silent before I power down and check the file?

UPDATE: I went ahead and powered it down and checked the .txt file. Success.

Last edited:
You still need to check the current version of the RC. If it's 1.3 or greater, update via the APP (connected to wifi). If lower than 1.3, you need to upgrade the RC via USB to 1.3 first, then you can upgrade it to the latest via the APP.

You now, I'm getting the D..DD tone continuously. Do need to wait till it goes silent before I power down and check the file?

UPDATE: I went ahead and powered it down and checked the .txt file. Success.
Once you get the D..DD that is it. The tones will continue until the battery cuts out. Good news that you have your I1 updated. Enjoy your flying.

I have just received my Inspire x5r from DJI repair and it has turned into a bit of a nightmare:

i am having an issue with my Iv2 trying to upgrade the x5r firmware i have followed all of the instructions talked to techs googled terms watched video and still no success. i too am working from a iMac and wondered the same thing about the .bin file glad to see that answered but i still am not having success. also at the end there are no log files there is truly nothing to show that anything happened short of yellow flashing on the drone followed by of a burst of green flashing then continuous yellow flashing. i have now been told by a tech to downgrade firmware which i am currently trying but seem to be getting the same result. ( note i also revealed all hidden files through the terminal app on my mac still no sign of a misc. file or file logs) it has been two days of this with no good answers. part of the reason for the firmware upgrade is that my camera is setting itself at 90 degrees to the right off centre when calibrating the gimbal i have at this point done all calibrations with no success. pulling my hair out any thoughts would be appreciated!

1st post well see how it goes haha

Maybe this seems like too simple of an answer but I had a similar experience. I also used my mac. Turns out I was using the wrong bin file/version.
Tried formatting the SD and starting again? triple checking that you do in fact have the right bin for your hardware?

Sometimes I start back at the beginning and the answer is there.... just a thought

Thanks for the reply parker, i ended up sending it back to dji for a second time because at the end of the day though they said they QC'd it, clearly they had not. I tried everything multiple times with multiple people. in the end we were able to downgrade the firmware we tried all the calibrations nothing worked we then upgraded again and tried calibrating everything nothing worked. the only issue we were able to solve was reconnecting our second RC which had decided it belonged to a P4.

to sum up we had some success though it is still not clear how that success came to be because we tried so very many different variations but we were not able to re calibrate the camera to face straight ahead or level its around 20 percent roll.

searching forums we came to the conclusion that it was a hardware problem including torque specs on a "magnetic nut" on the gimbal not sure if this is true but seeing as it had just been repaired we thought it would be better to not be blamed for it by trying to fiddle with it our selves and just sent it back to DJI

super frustrated because we need it asap but there were just to many issues with it to be able to get any real quality work out of it ( there were transmitting issues to the camera RC as well).

Hoping for the best..

update received drone back after they paid for new mainboard 1200.00 everything calibrates properly now. still have the glitchy transmitting issue with the camera to the RC though.

DJI paid for the new component and actually really stepped up due to how horribly there customer service was. eventually they got it right and i am happy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo