Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Firmware v1.3.0.00 Update FAILURE

Van Snow Banned lol! I'm sure he has an alias name now[emoji13]! Wander if he transformed his I1 into the trash yet, or is still looking for attention...

Now back on topic[emoji6]!
Anybody notice any drift whilst airing out the new firmware[emoji15]? Update went well[emoji6] other than a glitch with network settings via lightning cable from iOS to RC, PROBLEM RESOLVED.. This would be the first for me, as the only problem I've really had was with the cam lean/tilt/yaw..
Had mine flying in the garden, as per my post earlier, running down the batteries, no problems so far but going to take it out tomorrow for a good old test flight, I'll report back on how I got on;)

Reactions: dirkclod and PB30X
Very nice tool. No complains. Update went well. Yesterday flow 880 meter far away flying on the ipad mini 3 without seeing the bird. Beautiful picture on the tablet.I am flying for 32 years RC heli but this is a complete new experiences.There is on reason not to buy. Excellent machine for the money.

Van Snow Banned lol! I'm sure he has an alias name now[emoji13]! Wander if he transformed his I1 into the trash yet, or is still looking for attention...

Anybody notice any drift whilst airing out the new firmware[emoji15]? Update went well[emoji6] other than a glitch with network settings via lightning cable from iOS to RC, PROBLEM RESOLVED.. This would be the first for me, as the only problem I've really had was with the cam lean/tilt/yaw..
did you calibrate compass and imu after update?

Absolutely! In fact even re calibrated the IMU afterwards noticing this. Then proceeded to go to my normal FLYZONE, magnetic free, and she is still DRUNK! IMU/MOD reads AND FLUCTUATES @1530-1575. Gyro and all etc, are normal... Very strange beings I'm not exactly a Pro at this but I am a very well seasoned pilot and have hundreds of hours under my belt! Just throwing this out there, just seeing if anyone else has any DRIFT (Firmware Bug)! I will then opt to another option..

So you need to recalibrate the imu when it's cold, the cold the better (I.e leave it under the air con for a few minutes with it turn off)

Do not do an imu when she has been running or is not the first thing you perform. I.e first thing when you wake up in the morning.

Find a flat surface, I use a spirit level across a table and prop up the legs to make to 100% level.

1. Take it out of travel mode
2. Turn it off and attach camera
3. Go into dji app and get ready under advance settings
4. Turn inspire on, let it finish the gimbal dance
5. Perform imu calibration

Drift: if i take of in my garden from 10 by 10 meter go to 80 meters and land after 5 minutes in 1 meter for the spot. Do i have drift in this case. How about you PB30X?

move it at all after turning on the power while camera spins and its doing its self test?
Never move the drone when he is starting up, All the gyro's and much more of that "things""has to calibrate eath time you switch the drone on I think.

No problem at all sport. Just follow the install notes carefully and all will be good.

Not having that buddy!

I am someone with over 20 years experience in IT, upgrading firmwares of various devices is a common task for someone in my position! Not once have I EVER had a device fail due to dodgy firmware, not once!

I followed the simple directions perfectly. They are not even complicated. The fact is that this firmware is causing issues for SOME Inspire owners not all.

I read your reply as basically saying that I dont know what I am doing! And I am incapable of reading and following simple instructions! Let me tell you again that I know exactly what I am doing and this upgrade failed due to DJI's incompetence at fully testing a release before releasing it in the wild. Simple!

Not having that buddy!

I am someone with over 20 years experience in IT, upgrading firmwares of various devices is a common task for someone in my position! Not once have I EVER had a device fail due to dodgy firmware, not once!

I followed the simple directions perfectly. They are not even complicated. The fact is that this firmware is causing issues for SOME Inspire owners not all.

I read your reply as basically saying that I dont know what I am doing! And I am incapable of reading and following simple instructions! Let me tell you again that I know exactly what I am doing and this upgrade failed due to DJI's incompetence at fully testing a release before releasing it in the wild. Simple!

I said "update went well" but now I remember that the update from the remote was not possible by the DJI Go app , I did it with a SD card. the txt file told me everythink was succesfull.
I am using a Ipad mini 3 64GB. And formated the SD card with the DJI app.before updating and placed only that new update file on the card, Maybe I was lucky. Very sorry for you TR1PL3D.
I hope you wil find the problem yourself.

Never move the drone when he is starting up, All the gyro's and much more of that "things""has to calibrate eath time you switch the drone on I think.
yes you are correct, thats why i asked. this is something that i did a few times when i first got mine. I would turn it on and then carry it to the launch site. Fortunately it was on a phantom which can handle a crash without breaking anything but props and i figured out it was the cause of the erratic flight/flyaway/crash issue rather quickly at the cost of only a set of props. I believe most people do not realize this fact and are doing the same thing which is cause lots of these flyaway issues and as the inspire is much more fragile and breaks easy its an expensive mistake.

Hi PB30X, good to hear the upgrade went well. We need to let peeps know that issues are mostly from the user end. How else can others go thru it with ease. (Getting weary of the on-line bagging - my rant). And to answer your question. My test flights in GPS & Atti all performed faultlessly. No difference from pre v1.3.0 in terms of drift, control nor response. I did, however, had more issues with loss of video feed with it breaking up & changing channels more than I am comfortable with.

We need to let peeps know that issues are mostly from the user end.

If you feel that you need to inform people that doing an upgrade to this latest firmware is going to go to plan then you are deluding yourself. And on top of this, you are providing disinformation as it very clear that there is something amiss with v1.3.0.00.

If you feel that you need to inform people that doing an upgrade to this latest firmware is going to go to plan then you are deluding yourself. And on top of this, you are providing disinformation as it very clear that there is something amiss with v1.3.0.00.
there is definitly something wacky, lots of people report issues or unable to upgrade, but lots of people are reporting success and no problems as well, something is causing a problem somewhere but its hard to say what it is. id download the file again and format your sd card before putting the bin file and it and try that, but not sure what else to try.

Not having that buddy!

I've had 15 years more, but hey, it's not a pissing contest. The fact is the firmware is the same for everyone unless it has been corrupted. Sure people are having issues in downloading but they are from external factors other than the firmware. If you have followed the instructions and still have problems then you have eliminated that being an issue. But it's not a crappy piece of firmware.

I've had 15 years more, but hey, it's not a pissing contest. The fact is the firmware is the same for everyone unless it has been corrupted. Sure people are having issues in downloading but they are from external factors other than the firmware. If you have followed the instructions and still have problems then you have eliminated that being an issue. But it's not a crappy piece of firmware.

Yeah, OK, whatever mate.

Not having that buddy!

I can image that you are desperate. Not intended wrong, sometimes it is better to know nothing about IT. I can nearly image that something is wrong with that firmware, It must be something else

the firmware is the same, however the hardware in the inspires are not the same, theres at least 4 versions that i know of, perhaps this has something to do with the widespread issues, or possibly they have sub par SD cards or something. I really dont see what else could be causing so many to have problems updating.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk