Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Fix mid crash video file

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has ever been able to fix a video file that was shot mid crash. My inspire recently went too close to a power line and fell out the sky. The last video it shot, whilst it got zapped, does show that it's got data inside its just does not play.

Cheers

B

Reactions: 7jay7
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has ever been able to fix a video file that was shot mid crash. My inspire recently went too close to a power line and fell out the sky. The last video it shot, whilst it got zapped, does show that it's got data inside its just does not play.

Cheers

B

Repairing Corrupt DJI Video Files

I used this once a while back to insert the proper "end of file" bit that had gone missing from the otherwise good video file. That evoked a hearty thumbs-up in my book.

If you're going to try any repair process though, make sure you do it on a copy so if it doesn't work you still have the original to copy again and try something else with.

Reactions: leaderRules
A bit late here, but might be of use to some. I've used Restore.Media online to recover video from my dashcam (crash, end of video was not there; tried to fix it with other tools to no avail). Previously used recover_mp4 utility but restore.media coped better. For DJIs, there is dji-fix, but it works for older versions only, and does not recover sound/audio.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa