Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Follow Me "NOT" on I1

Where is this posting?
Hey Machoman, I believe you addressed this to me?

DJI Forum|New Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 Intelligent Flight Modes

When do you think DJI will have the "Follow Me" mode available for the Inspire 1?.

Reply from DJI-Tim, DJI China:
Since Inspire 1 is a bigger and more expensive platform, and follow me mode seems to be not that perfect yet, our R&D team need some time to work it out. unfortunately I cannot tell you the exact date of it's release

Hey Machoman, I believe you addressed this to me?

DJI Forum|New Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 Intelligent Flight Modes

When do you think DJI will have the "Follow Me" mode available for the Inspire 1?.

Reply from DJI-Tim, DJI China:
Since Inspire 1 is a bigger and more expensive platform, and follow me mode seems to be not that perfect yet, our R&D team need some time to work it out. unfortunately I cannot tell you the exact date of it's release

......and some posts later, typically DJI, DJI-Dave (DJI US) says that there's just as much chance that it will never come to the Inspire.......

2 sides of the same coin.
At least now we know nothing. Comforting!
I was beginning to believe DJI was changing it's communication policy.

[Edit]
Well, fortunately I'm off the hook since I concluded my post with the all saying disclaimer: FWIW :)
For what it's worth........nothing actually.

Please note Expo adjustments DO NOT adjust the transmitter so that a given input makes a smaller difference to output. That is not the purpose of expo.
Are you sure ? Maybe I'm wrong, I just unpacked the Inspire now 1 hour ago, charged one battery and now I play around the DJI GO app as the weather is awful

But, As you can see in the attached photos, the expo does affect the output, and quite a bit, check the green dot in the pictures, one is very low and one is higher, both images ware made with the stick moved forward to the next line. Isn't the green dot representing the OUTPUT ?
gain & expo 1.jpg gain & expo 2.jpg

Attachments

• dji_controller_stick.jpg
    dji_controller_stick.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 9
Are you sure ? Maybe I'm wrong, I just unpacked the Inspire now 1 hour ago, charged one battery and now I play around the DJI GO app as the weather is awful

But, As you can see in the attached photos, the expo does affect the output, and quite a bit, check the green dot in the pictures, one is very low and one is higher, both images ware made with the stick moved forward to the next line. Isn't the green dot representing the OUTPUT ?
View attachment 3895 View attachment 3896
I'm sure ;) - I have been flying pretty much everything RC for nearly 30 years and have four transmitters sitting in front of me at the moment.

Expo and Dual rates and dual throw are completely different things. The only function for expo is to desensitize the mid stick position and give the throw a non linear curve. This does not affect the rate of output or the maximum travel of the stick which will still be at 100%. It will however alter the 'feel' of the input which will be sloppy around zero (mid stick) and will exponentially increase as an input is applied on the axis the expo has been set on. You are kind of correct in that the inputs around mid stick will be dumbed down but the rest of the travel will be the same.
Hope that makes sense.
For true 'slowing down' of the inputs you would need dual rates which are programmable and dual throw would be advantageous to limit the output to say 70% at full throw but these features are not available on the Inspire.

...This does not affect the rate of output or the maximum travel of the stick which will still be at 100%....

I know maximum will be always 100% and not lower, and that's ok because you can do the CSC without any problem.

The ideea was to setup the controller to make smoother / slower moves, and in my opinion having that curve (EXPO) setup to 0.3 or higher is exactly the thing I need to be able to make very smooth and slow moves.

Can the EXPO be higher ? it says 0.3 - 0.7 ... but couldn't move it that high

I'm sure ;) - I have been flying pretty much everything RC for nearly 30 years and have four transmitters sitting in front of me at the moment.

Expo and Dual rates and dual throw are completely different things. The only function for expo is to desensitize the mid stick position and give the throw a non linear curve. This does not affect the rate of output or the maximum travel of the stick which will still be at 100%. It will however alter the 'feel' of the input which will be sloppy around zero (mid stick) and will exponentially increase as an input is applied on the axis the expo has been set on. You are kind of correct in that the inputs around mid stick will be dumbed down but the rest of the travel will be the same.
Hope that makes sense.
For true 'slowing down' of the inputs you would need dual rates which are programmable and dual throw would be advantageous to limit the output to say 70% at full throw but these features are not available on the Inspire.
wouldnt that effectively mean then that after adjusting the expo it would require more stick travel from center to increase speed that default? pretty much making slower more precise movements from a dead stop easier to control? or am i not understanding correctly?

I know maximum will be always 100% and not lower, and that's ok because you can do the CSC without any problem.

The ideea was to setup the controller to make smoother / slower moves, and in my opinion having that curve (EXPO) setup to 0.3 or higher is exactly the thing I need to be able to make very smooth and slow moves.

Can the EXPO be higher ? it says 0.3 - 0.7 ... but couldn't move it that high
Try inputting a value in the field rather than just pushing the curves

wouldnt that effectively mean then that after adjusting the expo it would require more stick travel from center to increase speed that default? pretty much making slower more precise movements from a dead stop easier to control? or am i not understanding correctly?

Thank's, that's what I'm trying to say in the last few posts :)

Try inputting a value in the field rather than just pushing the curves

I will try in a moment, now I'm also charging the controller and I turned it off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide