Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Galaxy S5 Pilot app doesn't seem to be connecting

Reaction score
Hi folks.

I just unboxed my Inspire 1 and have carefully been going through things. I would like to make sure that the firmwares etc. are all up to date and that everything is connected properly.

So I have got the aircraft out of travel mode by toggling the transform button 4 times.

I cannot seem to be able to get the app on my Galaxy S5 to show any signs that it is connected to the controller. There is no telemetry at all showing. It says "Disconnected" in a grey box at the top.

I have the phone in USB Debugging mode, so it can't be that. Does anyone know what i'm missing?

Thanks
Roastie

Hi folks.

I just unboxed my Inspire 1 and have carefully been going through things. I would like to make sure that the firmwares etc. are all up to date and that everything is connected properly.

So I have got the aircraft out of travel mode by toggling the transform button 4 times.

I cannot seem to be able to get the app on my Galaxy S5 to show any signs that it is connected to the controller. There is no telemetry at all showing. It says "Disconnected" in a grey box at the top.

I have the phone in USB Debugging mode, so it can't be that. Does anyone know what i'm missing?

Thanks
Roastie
I got a gs5. Make sure the remote is on. Turn everything off and back on again. Camera connected? Start app last.

OK.
Powered off aircraft, powered off controller, powered off S5

Then, powered on S5
powered on controller
powered on aircraft (full battery and camera attached. not in travel mode obviously)
waited until ready to fly status led
started app...
tapped camera
nothing.
Still says disconnected.
the phone is charging, so there is a connection....

I also tried reinstalling the app, and using the other provided cable.
no joy.

I had this same problem... removed the camera and reinstalled. Then it worked. My 2 cents. Hope it works for you.

You can only use the cable for the gs5.
I got 2x micro USB to normal USB. Both identical. I tried them both.
I've uninstalled and redownloaded the app
I'll try removing the camera and replacing it again in a sec...

You lot are all experts compared to me :p

i would try another device just to make sure it isnt your bird's problem. i have a gs5 as well and there is no problem at all.

I guess that's a "USB 3" cable that I've heard about but never seen. That goes in the bottom of the GS5. I guess I need to procure one of those then.

I feel a trip to Amazon coming on....

Did yours come with your GS5? I didn't get one...

I did get 2x micro USB to USB cables with the I-1. I guess we need USB 3 speed for all this - which makes sense.

Thank you for your help!

Roastie

For a laugh, I'll try this on my wife's GS5 when she gets in with these standard cables too.

Yeah - my wife's phone doesn't work either.
It has to be the cable.
It will be delivered on Saturday.....

Thanks for your help :)

OK I have a cable earlier than expected. The cable is the same as the one in the picture above (only black...)
I have repeated the above procedures several times and I still get disconnected at the top of the screen in grey.

I have no idea what to do. Is there something I must do in the app to get it to connect with the controller?

Sorry to be a pest...

Roastie

Well here is interesting news!

I installed the 0.92 ipa on my wife's old ipad mini 1, and plugged it into the controller. It actually works, would you believe?
I was able to register the inspire and start the app properly! I got all telemetry and parameters working fine. Obviously the video wasn't great but that's normal.

So I went out and picked up an iPad Mini 2 (the 3 is more expensive just for a fingerprint scanner or something) and I just plugged it all in here and it works fine!

So what am I missing with the Galaxy S5 then? I must be doing something wrong... I tried it on both our S5 and this lunch time also on a mate's galaxy tab or something, (not sure exactly what it was) but that wouldn't work either.

Something weird is going on.

Anyway I swore blind i'd never buy another ipad after the first one... I just did so there you go.

Now I need to join the throngs of people waiting for Apple to allow DJI to put their app in the app store............

Somebody shoot me.....

Roastie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop