Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Galaxy tab S owners, little help?

Reaction score
Just wondering if any galaxy tab S (8.4 or 10.4) owners are experiencing stutter on the inspire video feed. I bought the 8.4 tablet for the octo core performance and have found it to be considerably slower than my Sony Xperia z3 phone!! How can this be? Has anyone found a way to speed up the performance? Thanks in advance!

This may or may not effect this program, but sine you have 8 cores doesn't mean that the dji pilot app can utilize all 8 cores. It simply means that you can run more programs at once. For example Autocad 2010 uses alot of processor calculations, but only uses 2 cores (even in my 6 core/ 12 thread machine) so in the end a 170 dollar dual core processor with a high clock speed would out perform my 1200 dollar six core processor that has a slightly lower clock speed.. It would be hard to imagine that the dji pilot app has the ability to utilize all 8 cores.

Side note: higher core processors usually have lower clock speeds usually due to keep cost down and heat dispersion

Last edited by a moderator:
Ergh, that's depressing... I researched and researched which tablet was the fastest. Everyone was saying the Tab S, Shield or ipad. I don't do apple stuff, and I couldn't find a reasonable priced shield in Australia, so had to settle for the Tab S...turns out it's not as fast as I had read. Waste of money.
Thanks for the help =)

Ergh, that's depressing... I researched and researched which tablet was the fastest. Everyone was saying the Tab S, Shield or ipad. I don't do apple stuff, and I couldn't find a reasonable priced shield in Australia, so had to settle for the Tab S...turns out it's not as fast as I had read. Waste of money.
Thanks for the help =)
I'm a Samsung guy if you wanna swap, I'll give you my shield. I understand your feelings about apple. I despise apple. But I did breakdown and buy one for my inspire. Works well.

Unfortunately, clockspeed and GPU performance are the key things when considering a tablet for the Inspire. This is why the Nvidia Shield tablet is the best at the moment. It has a monster GPU to decode the video stream.

I have a Tab 8.4 pro,There is a little lag,but when I'm flying it's not a problem.You can see this better when I put the Inspire on a table and wave your hand in front of the camera.But flying is absolutly no problem.
Also it's running on a 4 core 2.4 GHz and not 1.6.
Video is no problem and recording is ok.So for me no problems.

I have a Tab 8.4 pro,There is a little lag,but when I'm flying it's not a problem.You can see this better when I put the Inspire on a table and wave your hand in front of the camera.But flying is absolutly no problem.
Also it's running on a 4 core 2.4 GHz and not 1.6.
Video is no problem and recording is ok.So for me no problems.
This confirms the higher clock speed, 2 core theory I had

Cool. I bought the tab S last Saturday. I popped it up on eBay last night and it sold in about 10 minutes, but the guy hasn't paid yet. I can let you know if he doesn't if you like?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips