Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

GL658B and GL658C differences

Reaction score
I searched and only found one thread on this and it was someone wanting to know which remote was the most powerful. I don't care about that but want to know if anyone knows what the differences between the different models is.
I have an Inspire 1 Pro which has both (B & C).
Is one supposed to be Master and the other Slave? Does it matter which is in which role?
No mention of any different models in the manual.
I have tried both, linked and set to master and am getting very bad video feed freeze. 1-3 second still image on monitor, then jittery movements. Recorded video is smooth.

You should be able to use either one as the master. Normally the letter (B or C in this case) refers to a change in internal components or small change in design.

As for the video freezing, some people have the problem based on the firmware they are on, others based on the order the firmware was installed or upgraded and others based on the mobile device they are using with the GoApp. There are all kinds of different explanations out there for the problem...

typically, the C controller should be used as the Master given that C versions have a higher power output than A and B versions.
Since the slave controller links up with the master controller and not the inspire, use the B as your secondary/cam operator controller.

Bad video freeze can be caused by numerous issues, such as a wifi congested environment, and slow/buggy tablets.
I have a galaxy tab S running android 6.01 and its darn near useless with regards to laggy video. It doesn't have a very good graphics processor onboard.

I searched and only found one thread on this and it was someone wanting to know which remote was the most powerful. I don't care about that but want to know if anyone knows what the differences between the different models is.
I have an Inspire 1 Pro which has both (B & C).
Is one supposed to be Master and the other Slave? Does it matter which is in which role?
No mention of any different models in the manual.
I have tried both, linked and set to master and am getting very bad video feed freeze. 1-3 second still image on monitor, then jittery movements. Recorded video is smooth.

B model is designed to set a master.
GL658C Model transmit power 0,740 W
GL658C Model transmit power 0,015 W

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeganSugde