Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Got my FLYTREX LIVE

Thanks offtosleep I called H2O, what a mind numbing experience. First they can't accept the fact that their sim card is going in something besides a cell phone. In their automated setup they text you at the phone number assigned to the sim, a login and password to a site that lets you configure the features and this site is different from the online account you have to setup in order to add minutes"recharge" the card. My problem is that I'm in the Apple environment and the sim card is too large for any of our phones.

Order or get a nano sim, and then use it with a micro sim adapter when in use with the flytrex. That is what I am going to do anyways. The adapter is like 2 bucks on amazon.

Just a thought...

To anyone that has their new Flytrex Live operating, does anyone know what it means when you get a solid blue indicator instead of a flashing green and obviously never connecting online?
I've done the install exactly as per installation instructions, registered the unit with Flytrex online, added $$ to recharge my H2O Wireless account. Left support request with Flytrex.
This is my second Flytrex Live the one for the P2V+ works fine

Hi Pterrill :)

What carrier are you using on the P2V+ that works fine? Are you using it with H2O as well?

Technically, when seeing a blue LED it means that the Live was able to successfully connect to the internet, but is unable to connect to our server. If possible, please send me your Live ID to amit[at]flytrex[dot]com and I'll gladly review our logs if I can see what's causing this.

Thanks!

Thanks offtosleep I called H2O, what a mind numbing experience. First they can't accept the fact that their sim card is going in something besides a cell phone. In their automated setup they text you at the phone number assigned to the sim, a login and password to a site that lets you configure the features and this site is different from the online account you have to setup in order to add minutes"recharge" the card. My problem is that I'm in the Apple environment and the sim card is too large for any of our phones.

Couple of suggestions -
Purchase a cheap unlocked prepaid cell phone that will fit the SIM.

You can cut the SIM card to the micro or nano size needed to accommodate your IOS device. Then purchase a SIM adapter so that the smaller sized SIM will fit back into the Flytrex. You can find those adapters for a couple bucks on ebay, Amazon, even BestBuy.

Couple of suggestions -
Purchase a cheap unlocked prepaid cell phone that will fit the SIM.

You can cut the SIM card to the micro or nano size needed to accommodate your IOS device. Then purchase a SIM adapter so that the smaller sized SIM will fit back into the Flytrex. You can find those adapters for a couple bucks on ebay, Amazon, even BestBuy.

Great advice. I just got a ship notification from Flytrex and ordered

- a H2O nano SIM w/$10 for 3 month pay as you go plan +
- nano-to-Micro SIM adapter ($6) from Amazon

to ease activation

Last edited:
To anyone that has their new Flytrex Live operating, does anyone know what it means when you get a solid blue indicator instead of a flashing green and obviously never connecting online?
I've done the install exactly as per installation instructions, registered the unit with Flytrex online, added $$ to recharge my H2O Wireless account. Left support request with Flytrex.
This is my second Flytrex Live the one for the P2V+ works fine

Hi Pterrill :)

Just a quick update about the blue LED issue you reported. After investigating this issue most of the day we have located the cause for this and have implemented a fix for it that will solve this for you right away. To have this fixed you will need to update the Live firmware version to a newer one. We will send you a tool that will help you get this done by tomorrow. :) Thank you for the report and help with this!

I've noticed the same problem. Seems to happen intermittently though. Sometimes no matter how long I wait, I still just get the blue light or the purple (even in places where I've had coverage/flown before with the green light). I also notice that if I put the bird in the air prior to getting the green light, I never connects to the server.

Stu

Last edited:
I've got mine going too. I used an old iPhone 3 to receive the SMS message with the password from my provider (easyGo). They were recommended by Flytrex. I signed up so long ago, I don't remember what the data costs were going to be, but I remember that I thought at the time it was going to be very reasonable.

Make sure you get the serial number off the Flytrex housing BEFORE you stick it onto the bottom of the aircraft or you will have to pry it off again during the registration process.

Works fine, web interface needs work, but I'm sure it will get better. Make sure you look over all the options in the web interface, it appears to share all your flight data by default.

I've only done 1 flight, and at one point I got a "Battery Error, Please Check" message. Landed and everything seemed OK, so took off again for a close in hover over a bushy tree and ran the rest of the charge out - no more errors, so not sure what that was. Haven't seen that message before installing the Flytrex.

I really like the telemetry Flytrex saves on the flight profile, especially a running readout of battery voltage.

On balance I'm very pleased, but I was surprised that it came with no instructions. Maybe they are online and I didn't find them.

I've noticed the same problem. Seems to happen intermittently though. Sometimes no matter how long I wait, I still just get the blue light or the purple (even in places where I've had coverage/flown before with the green light). I also notice that if I put the bird in the air prior to getting the green light, I never connects to the server.

Stu

Hi Stu,

We just uploaded a new firmware version for the Live Plus that should fix the blue LED issue. To upgrade to the latest firmware please follow these steps:

1. Enter the Live settings page on your Flytrex account: http://www.flytrex.com/account-settings/devices/

2. Click on the Manage link for your specific Live device.

3. Here you will find details about your current Live firmware version and the latest version available. Click on the Update Live Plus Firmware button, this will flag the system to update your Live Plus firmware the next time you power up the Live and connect to the server.

4. Now simply power up the Live and allow it to connect. During the connection initialization process our server will now automatically upgrade your Live Plus firmware to the latest version. This might take an extra 10 seconds or so.

Once the Live reaches flashing green again the firmware upgrade should be done. Try to refresh the Live Plus Manage page once again and should reflect the new firmware installation on your Live device now.

With the new firmware the blue LED should be fixed. Let me know how it goes with both the firmware upgrade and the fix for this issue.

Looking forward to your follow-up.

Thanks! :)

Reactions: damoncooper
Flytrex Live 3G for Inspire 1

I ordered mine about 5 weeks ago and I am still waiting. I guess they are on back-order big-time. You all need to stop ordering them until they ship mine hehe :D:D:D

Hi Mizerry :)

Our team is working around the clock to ship all orders as quickly as possible. We shipped many Live systems over the weekend, so good chances that yours was already shipped since the time of this post. If not shipped yet feel free to send me the name used with the order and I'll gladly look more closely for the expected shipping date. :)

I've done 4 more flights. So far, it often takes 2 or 3 restarts of the Inspire to get the cell data link to go green.

Also, the web site is crowded with these "badges" that say "your have achieved xx speed" or "xx distance" they are a waste of space, and simply make it harder to find the things you want to know.

My Flytrex is registering about 1/2 my flights. Often takes a reboot of the inspire to get the Flytrex to register on the cell network - weird. Is this happening to anyone else?

I just wanted to give a public "Thank You" to Amit from Flytrex, as you may know from my previous posts in this thread that I was having trouble connecting my Flytrex 3G Live for Inspire I, It was Amit that contacted me and with a few emails back and forth he was able to pin point my problem and supply me with a fix. Some people I've read, question the need for the Flytrex, but I want to go on record saying that flying weather it be for my P2V+ or my I1 knowing I have the Flytrex on board gives me all the confidence I need, that should I ever loose my AC that this is the best solution for recovering it, plus not to mention the telemetry information from the Flytrex unit is far more inclusive than that recieved from the native I1.

My Flytrex is registering about 1/2 my flights. Often takes a reboot of the inspire to get the Flytrex to register on the cell network - weird. Is this happening to anyone else?

Hi Frank :)

Does the Flytrex LED gets stuck on blue? If so, please see my reply a few posts above this one including instructions how to upgrade your Flytrex firmware to the latest version, direct link here:

http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/got-my-flytrex-live.4330/page-2#post-48463

This is an issue we fixed shortly after with a new firmware update. Updating the firmware is done over the air, so should be fairly straightforward.

Let me know how it goes and if this helped. Thanks! :)

Hi Amit,

No, upon the first boot of the session, it gets stuck on red. If I shut the Inspire down, and restart it, the Flytrex will then flash blue/red (Purple)at the same time, then blue, then green and then it works fine.

But the next time I start it, it boots to red again, and will stay there and the whole process starts over. Essentially it takes 2 boots to get it to work.

Re UK Sim I've a three Payg sim in my existing Flytrex live 3G which works fine in that, no apn settings need to be entered. Received my inspire one yesterday but not had a chance to install and test new 3G plus one yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG