Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

GPS Coordinate Display

Reaction score
Has anyone seen where you can get the GPS coordinates of where the Inspire is for instances where you are searching for something. I haven't looked yet but I assume it's in the metadata for the stills and may also display on the OSD data when using the HDMI port. Just curious if anyone knows before I start doing more research into it.

TIA

B

When you open the stills file in Photoshop. Go to file>file info and click on the GPS tab. you will find the Longitude/Latitude and altitude information there.

When you open the stills file in Photoshop. Go to file>file info and click on the GPS tab. you will find the Longitude/Latitude and altitude information there.
That means it's in the metadata at least. I was hoping you could pull it out of the Pilot App or the OSD info so you had some real time feedback.

Thanks for the info!

B.

I'm very interested in this feature as well. I'm hoping it gets integrated in future updates.

Would be great if it was an option to see a live position of the I1 in the app.

Log files are generated and saved on the SD Card however DJI have not released software to read this from what I can gleam. Can see them in iTunes apparently.

Hopefully they integrate live dynamic coordinates into the app. Obviously the data is there, since we can replay our flights in the User Center, they just need to add a UI area that displays it. Would be especially useful in the event of a crash, you'd have coordinates you could plug into a GPS and use to track down its LKP.

Reactions: Ascender
I would like to see this as well with the GPS overlay for certain kinds of jobs for customers.

I want to import flight data into After effects and have a data overlay play as the video plays. This would really work for survey footage (and look good). Sure I could make it up and animate it but if the Inspire is recording it anyway there will be a way to extract it. I'm sure the DJi Propellor heads can come up with a solution.

Speaking of meta data ... I wish video had the same kind of data recorded that images have so you can know what lens and lens settings were used months later.

Brian

There is no way to display live GPS data but very close. Instead of using GO if you use FPV Camera app and you have added Logging, once you land you can see the flight and view lat/long. Here's a video I made from footage while testing flight distance/time over a lake nearby. This is all preprogrammed. This overlay is a bit tricky but it works really well.

There is no way to display live GPS data but very close. Instead of using GO if you use FPV Camera app and you have added Logging, once you land you can see the flight and view lat/long. Here's a video I made from footage while testing flight distance/time over a lake nearby. This is all preprogrammed. This overlay is a bit tricky but it works really well.

Hello MultiRotr, I am trying to display the GPS data over the footage for a job and believe your solution would solve my problem. Could you explain in more detail how to accomplish that?
Regards,
Videomaker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters