Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
:p Ha... so it was you that pumped the price up an extra $100. Hmmmm... I'll remember that if we deal on a Z3. LoL!!!

Ya, it's an odd one. I've taken it down, removed boards, examined connections, etc. All look good.
Before I swap parts, I plan to downgrade it and re-Apply FW updates just to rule out FW oddity. But I think... not certainty, it was working correctly a few weeks ago... but I may not have tested the yaw spin wheel.
that would be funny if it was the spin wheel but i ruled it out when you said the other z3 worked fine with assumed the same spin wheel. If that is the case, the wheel would make sense as a the culprit.

My last bid was $411 lol ... check your inbox for the log lol. I was surprised how high it went. Too rich for my test budget.

that would be funny if it was the spin wheel but i ruled it out when you said the other z3 worked fine with assumed the same spin wheel. If that is the case, the wheel would make sense as a the culprit.

My last bid was $411 lol ... check your inbox for the log lol. I was surprised how high it went. Too rich for my test budget.
I meant the spin wheel when I was testing the camera previous after the firmware update. During these recent test I tested the spin wheel with both cameras and I swapped them twice to make sure connections weren't a problem.

Firmware is the one area I'm not certain of.

I had actually planned to stop around 250, until I heard the cost of several service shops.

I had actually planned to stop around 250, until I heard the cost of several service shops.
thats odd.. dji has been very good to me in the past. Might be worth to risk $65 to send it in ?

My X5 was repaired for $350 after replacing a few motors, 2 arms, and video cable. All done in 2 days too. So no complaints here.

I only recommend home repair for items where:
1. You have all the parts
2. You are merging cameras
3. You are simply re calibrating parts (no crashes) -- common to osmo (people drop them?)

Last edited:
thats odd.. dji has been very good to me in the past. Might be worth to risk $65 to send it in ?

My X5 was repaired for $350 after replacing a few motors, 2 arms, and video cable. All done in 2 days too. So no complaints here.

I only recommend home repair for items where:
1. You have all the parts
2. You are merging cameras
3. You are simply re calibrating parts (no crashes) -- common to osmo (people drop them?)
After a check FW reload and a few things, I may send it in. Thanks for the insight.

Hello all,
after a long adjustment of the magnetic nuts, that's what happened -

Pitch did it pretty quickly. But Roll could not catch the point. On a total caught millimeters. From this configured point - if you take a clockwise roll, you need to push the hand to go calibration. If against a sentry - Roll begins to crack and fumble. While this is the best point. How to put Roll in the horizon until I can not decide and understand.
Is there any advice for me? What have I not done or done to the end?

Just calibrated my gimbal, but now i have a problem on pitch axis. Gimbal stuck at one place, like on video below.
Someone help?

Pitch after the calibration of the drone moves the camera up .. It is not entirely clear from the video .. If this is so, it seems necessary to turn the magnetic nut 1-2 mm clockwise.
Pitch is easier to calibrate than Roll .. - so I was told in the repair department. But how to help me - do not know. It is necessary to try to find the answer on a site-forum DJI

In my case roll was pretty easy to tune. I cant set up pitch, trying every position of the nut, always the same, gimball stops at the same point. Maybe it is not calibration problem.

Just calibrated my gimbal, but now i have a problem on pitch axis. Gimbal stuck at one place, like on video below.
Someone help?

That looks like a pitch error, try small variations.

The pitch max min limits will not line up correctly and it will still look level.

I will try to look at some of the questions, send direct conversations just so i can keep track of the specific users.

One of the videos I saw had a roll error as it kept moving pitch around while rotating.

long dances with a shaman's drum around the camera did not lead to positive results. Achieved practically accurate positioning, but began to bask heavily motor Roll.

In addition to this, I received the same problem with the work that I showed

It is not possible to fix it, constantly returning to the original disbalance.
I decided to make an additional comparison of the working gimbal and the adjustable one -
Identified nitereznye moments before working out gimbal for calibration - after turning on the power of the drone, the working gimball is immediately centered and after that the calibration process begins. The repaired gimball is not centered, and after a couple of seconds starts calibration.

Something we are not right in the process of setting up and calibrating.
A couple more moments - if you approach the adjustment of the North point for calibrating, the magnetic nut of the motor is retightened and it rotates hard and heats. If you adjust only by the tightening level, then we do not get to the North point for calibration. We get a vicious circle of problems.

The way out of it somewhere close. It seems to me that it is necessary to proceed from the primary level of tightening the motor nut, for its free and good rotation without heating, and only after that the North point and calibration must be adjusted. Where is hidden the secret of DJI !
Where?!

Jedi have a secret power!;)

Last edited:
Yes, that's right. Above on my video you can see that it rises to the starting position to start calibration, but now it does not happen so abruptly - it slowly raises to the points of standing and then starts calibration. Motor Roll is very hot. If you loosen the magnetic nut - it starts beating in hysterics. I have already removed one (concave) washer, but still the motor is heavy at the North point.

I’m not sure what your unit is doing but I can assure you my units do not have overheating motors.

Hot motor is definitely a bad sign and motor overworking.

Your motor esc may be the culprit if the unit was crashed, Dji usually charges for new board every time a unit needs new calibration.

Reactions: ACDS
Tried to change the motor (for a new one) - the result is the same. It's not a motor.
Adjustments were carried out with a discrete step of 0.5 mm. The point of standing on the horizon is found. It is exactly. But..! The motor is heated - the first, and, second - after rotating the camera Horizon or Vertical - the suspension is turned off.

The pitch and roll motor are synced
So the error may be with the pitch motor.

I noticed a slight wobble in the pitch as it spun around as well.

You may need to tweak pitch a bit more to avoid the roll overheating.

Reactions: ACDS
Thank you for helping me with advice. I will try further. I will write the results further. In the end, any thio correct solution will be found that will help others in the future.

Thank you for helping me with advice. I will try further. I will write the results further. In the end, any thio correct solution will be found that will help others in the future.

I have fixed a few of these guys so no victims yet :) keep us posted.

I have one now that seems to go crazy no matter what settings. But it may have damage to the camera unit / location is stored within the camera head so swapping heads will carry magnet work to the previous unit.

I tried that when swapping one cam to another and just replicating pitch.

Support in Moscow says that I can not do anything with the camera, only send DJI support , but the price will be equal to buying another used camera. I have a second worker while I work with her and look for a solution for this one.
Now I upload a video to Youtube - the most I've achieved - all the motors and the camera itself are heating up a bit ... all ..
While I'm at a dead end in the decisions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc