Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

How to make inspire 2 control like other quads

Reaction score
*how can I make camera yaw with drone yaw?*

Hey guys, I recently got my inspire 2.
since I am a new single operator I am trying to figure out how to make the quad handle like a phantom 4 etc in which the quads yaw rotates the camera instead of using C1 or C2.
I tried follow mode(?) but it yaws painfully slow I even tried different camera yaw parameters but nothing seems to speed it up.
The only time I can fully get it to work is in sport mode but my area has a lot of high winds so I need to be able to use this in GPS mode.

Thank you and sorry for the long worded question.

Are you trying to slow down the yaw of the copter or camera? You can go into the remote Controller Mode and assign your C1, C2 to control pitch controller, yaw or other options. To answer your question you would now go into Gimbal Settings > Advanced Settings > and select Max Gimbal Pitch Speed and Max Gimbal Yaw Speed and bring them very close to 1 - 3 or your preferred speed. I hope I am understanding what you are trying to do.

Reactions: Ray271
The I2 should react in the same way as the P4, just it's a more responsive beast so you need to make your moves a lot slower! (I fly both aircraft). When the I2 starts up, it should by default be in the Gimbal Follow mode where the camera is locked to the aircraft's nose - that mimics the same flight characteristics of the Phantom series.

You probably need to play around with the "Gimbal Yaw Smoothness in Follow Mode" setting - it controls the relationship between the camera-gimbal yaw and the aircraft's yaw.

Some points to note:
  • It only affects the yaw operation when the camera-aircraft is in the (default) follow mode, not when it's in free mode.
  • Be carefull if you set the value higher to get greater damping/smoothing as it will affect your ability to fly the aircraft - if you run into trouble, then change the gimbal to free or pop the aircraft into ATTI mode and the responsiveness should return.
  • The Values range from 0 to 100 (there's a similar worded but unrelated setting which runs from 0-30 or 0-40).
  • You can completely remove the ability to yaw the aircraft if you set the value too high - 100 will stop any ability to yaw - 0 leads to no yaw damping.
  • A general OK value to start at is somewhere between 25-40, then adjust to suite.

Then also play with the EXP values to control the response of the I2 to your stick inputs - there's a screen in DJI Go that shows a graph with the stick response curve and allows you to change the settings for sport/normal etc.

Finally, you can try tripod mode, which will help slow down your moves all round ;) .

Reactions: cvanhoose
is there any combo key to switch between the stick as flight control and gimble control?

Someone needs to post those three screen shots of their yaw and pitch settings.

I think the 0-100 and 0-30 one (i.e. Advanced settings > One with three for Pitch and three for Yaw.) controls just the left roller's Pitch, and C1+left roller for Yaw. I was playing around with it yesterday where someone said to slow the Yaw down to seven seconds or slower for a frame sweep to avoid jerkiness in the video. Yaw is temperamental as you can overshoot the stopping point easily if set wrong there. Pitch is slowed down there to.

The second screen with the three blue-line curves is the aircraft speed for Yaw and mostly tied to control stick actions?

There's another screen that people say not to touch with sliders. Don't about that one.

is there any combo key to switch between the stick as flight control and gimble control?
Unfortunately not. As a single op you are limited to the dial for gimbal control, controlling only yaw or pitch depending on C1, but no both together. When I was flying home-builts I programmed my Taranis to do exactly as you say. I could hit a button, the craft would continue on its route and I could use the right stick for 2 axis gimbal control.

That said, there are apps that are close, like Autopilot. You can run waypoint missions and set Focus Strategy to "Joystick". Then you can use the right stick for the gimbal control as the Inspire flies its mission.

Reactions: JoePGM and Casey53
Unfortunately not. As a single op you are limited to the dial for gimbal control, controlling only yaw or pitch depending on C1, but no both together. When I was flying home-builts I programmed my Taranis to do exactly as you say. I could hit a button, the craft would continue on its route and I could use the right stick for 2 axis gimbal control.

That said, there are apps that are close, like Autopilot. You can run waypoint missions and set Focus Strategy to "Joystick". Then you can use the right stick for the gimbal control as the Inspire flies its mission.

My gimble control wheel is moving my camera left and right or Yaw and not up and down anymore? What did I do wrong?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cleaningbyjen