Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Hows does Rtk works?

Reaction score
i never own a Rtk system... after seem the m200 mount Rtk system on it... i think i may get it if.... it really helping my works ...
so my questions is...

1. Does the Rtk Gps coordinations info would be avalible on the Picture data ? "

2. i see there is another ground Rtk too.. is that a must for a rtk system? any idea how to use?

3. Does it help alot of Orthophoto ? or inspections? or even 3d model ?

any reply in this would be highly appriciated :)

DJI actually has demo videos and setup info on the product page...

D-RTK GNSS - Specs - DJI
DONT try and confuse industry standard RTK telemetry with DJI's "version". DJIs vision for RTK is to keep a craft within 1cm (ish) within x,y, and z flight, without using external forces so things like radio interference would not affect it. RTK to the rest of the work (more importantly) would include the x,y, and z flight but would also provide this information through the flight control system to other parts of the system (i.e. camera gimble) to allow accurate co-ordinates and height for inclusion into EXIF info in the JPG for example. Which is what is required to allow mapping / surveys to start an accurate workflow. We know from experience of the RTK system for the Matrice 600 that there is NO WAY the information is interchangeable, and therefore useless for any application other than cinema where stable and recordable flight is available.

IF and thats a big if, DJI has finally allowed the RTK data stream to go through other systems in the M200 to allow cm accurate location data within JPG then that will help mapping and surveying.

HOWEVER, be careful. Even the best RTK systems such as the RTK Ebee system which can get 3-6cm accuracy at £15k, and the new Here + which works with pic hawk, which can only get 6cm accuracy with a base station also.

Still the best way is to add ground control points. By using a professional grade GNSS system such as a Trimble Geo with CM accuracy module, with RTK data SIM, and external antenna can give 1-3cm accuracy which is the best and only way to do it.

Reactions: Advexure
I should add, a good professional GNSS system is around £3k plus on eBay and around £9k new. Forget these cheap 1k chinese ones - they're crap!

Isn't that what the on board SDK of the A3 does?
I'm pretty familiar with the tech, not DJI so much... but we've been looking at putting together an AG package with DJI equipment and there are solutions for us out there sold by some, with the A3 and their RTK, haven't heard that there wasn't integration before now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using InspirePilots mobile app

Isn't that what the on board SDK of the A3 does?
I'm pretty familiar with the tech, not DJI so much... but we've been looking at putting together an AG package with DJI equipment and there are solutions for us out there sold by some, with the A3 and their RTK, haven't heard that there wasn't integration before now.
Im taking about buying a Matrice 600 with RTK , with an X4s or X5s camera putting it in the sky being able to use map pilot and get cm accurate images out of the other end ready for processing. It cant do it. 4 months of research on this very issue talking to professional and dealers around the world have all said the same thing. Which is why we build out own system to bolt on the side of DJI kit for our requirements.

If you know something i don't then please let me know as id love a plug a play option !

Im taking about buying a Matrice 600 with RTK , with an X4s or X5s camera putting it in the sky being able to use map pilot and get cm accurate images out of the other end ready for processing. It cant do it. 4 months of research on this very issue talking to professional and dealers around the world have all said the same thing. Which is why we build out own system to bolt on the side of DJI kit for our requirements.

If you know something i don't then please let me know as id love a plug a play option !
DJI is new to me... I see what you're saying.
All those packages and extra crap (and cost) is what makes the system work.

The documentation for the M200 seems pretty clear that this is a possibility, but it's not like DJI is above fudging the truth.

Hopefully we will have a solution by years end that is a bit more streamlined and has more than 4 motors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using InspirePilots mobile app

The documentation for the M200 seems pretty clear that this is a possibility, but it's not like DJI is above fudging the truth.
The DJI version of RTK is marketed as RTK as they use a base and the drone to create the differential, however they only use this to create a stable flight path - if they saw it through and allowed the information through the flight control into the camera gimble to allow the accurate location details onto the images - they would be laughing as this would knock Sensefly at £40k plus for their quad out of the window!

Sorry - anyway in reply to the OP

1. Does the Rtk Gps coordinations info would be avalible on the Picture data ? "

2. i see there is another ground Rtk too.. is that a must for a rtk system? any idea how to use?

3. Does it help alot of Orthophoto ? or inspections? or even 3d model

1. No GPS info is currently available from the DJI RTK (of the Matrice 600 system) to be added to the EXIF information of the picture data

2. Yes, a rover is required for the RTK system to work which is a second system which connect to the drone via telemetry to allow the differential measurements to work.

3. Yes - standard imaging out of something like 3d survey, drone2map, Agisoft from DJI is around 50cm - 2m out (speaking from experience). By changing to using ground control points we can get accuracy of 1-3cm. You would expect accuracy of 1-10cm accuracy depending on what type or RTK system you employ. This will have a direct affect on the quality of the data you can produce and will impact things such as measurements, or volume calculation.

Reactions: EDDSkitz
I am from India where we do not have national base stations. I am engaged in surveying where cm accuracy is expected. Using GCP without national base station network is becoming expensive. Does RTK system (latest DJI M 210 drtk) would help in this respect? Any comment on this

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips