Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

I need sound on my videos Wtf!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I can't believe no sound I bought this to film my clubs track rental events for our drag racing and what good is it if you can't hear the cars ..any way to get sound !! If not this thing is useless other than just flying for the sake of flying !!!

Mate, I think you are expecting too much... If it recorded sound all you would really hear are the propellers. By far the best way to get sound is to set up a cheap field recorder then merge the sound in post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Have you ever owned a phantom? I was never able to record any sound on my GoPro other than prop noise. I would suspect the Inspire prop noise would be the same if not more. I always do what Cburns suggested and sync it post production.

Reactions: damoncooper
I can't believe no sound I bought this to film my clubs track rental events for our drag racing and what good is it if you can't hear the cars ..any way to get sound !! If not this thing is useless other than just flying for the sake of flying !!!
Nowhere on the DJI features or spec pages does it give details or confirm that audio is recorded! If you were spending a few thousand dollars for a piece of equipment to fulfil a certain role, would you not first check that it had the feature list you require?
It appears by your own admission you own two other DJI products neither of which record sound (the Vision 2 and the Vision 2 plus v3).
I hope you are more happy with your Hubsan X4 Pro, although of course........nowhere does it say it records audio on that 1080p GoPro clone it comes with.

Yes it has audio they pointed out the mic in a video introducing the product ..my qx350 with go pro had audio when I had it set up with the go pro ...

Also yuneec q500+ with 4k camera will also have audio recording

I guess I assumed this inspire 1 had audio .. My bad so I wasted 3k I will give it to my girlfriend for her photography hobby as she only cares about stills and some video .. I only need a quad that does ok video with audio ..what's the point of filming motor sports without audio just my opinion ..maybe I can get a gimble with a go pro 3 or 4 for my phantom vision 2 v3 for my needs or wait for the other 2 quads to come out and try those..I guess you live and learn

If I sold the inspire 1 what's a fair price to ask for it with three battery's and two flights on it

$3500 And if you are that concerned about sound, why not buy a Zoom Hn6, put it next to the track, record your sound and post sync?

The prop noise would overwhelm any other audio of the flight, regardless of how much you spent, the best idea for good audio on a video is the zoom HN6 or the cheaper Hn4.
use a cheap (free) clapperboard app with your phone or tablet to sync the camera on the ground and the audio device and record from that point continually for easy synchronization in post.

You would never hear the cars over the prop noise. As other people say just buy a $100 sound recorder and slap high quality sound down when you edit. You could even record it on your smart phone. Even if you have never edited in your life you can pick up the skills to do this in iMovie in two minutes.

[QUOTE="If not this thing is useless other than just flying for the sake of flying !!![/QUOTE]

You made me laught! You bought a toy for yourself, I think to impress everyone, but you really don't know what you're talking about....................

Can you tell me what you hear when you're in a fast driving car and you put you head outside the window?????? :p:D

But again you made me laught!

Reactions: TheDJIFanboy
got lots of toys .. Shelby gt.... Camaro1le .. Holden commodore SS ..ZX14r zx10r ..ducati hyper .. 4 quad copters and your point is I buy stuff that I like to do not to impress anyone I been flying for a long time started on helis years ago .if I was looking to impress I would fly a 600 size heli as that takes skill there no skill needed to fly quads there quite easy as ...girlfriend flys just as good she been flying a vision 2 plus ..all the stupid comments because I assumed a 3000 dollar product would have a mic or record audio some how ....sorry I even mentioned it ..too all the nice guys who offered some help instead of just bashing or rolling thank you ..

You could try hanging a mic off it. Drop it down to about 5 meters below the I1 and install a wind silencer on it. But, be very careful when taking off and landing. Perhaps hang the cam after you've taken off, and again, be really careful. When done, unhook the line whilst it's hovering, or, drag the mic on grass on your decent.

Nice to see another cobber!

Good that it is not to impress anybody, then its serious bussines for you! That said you had to know what you where buying ;).

But really it has nothing to do with bashing trolling etc. etc., BUT it has to do with common sense. Think about what the sound of the props and the wind will do for your soundrecording.
It would be the same as if your are calling someone who is standing in the wind with his mobile phone.

We are just having a little bit of fun with you. Your first post was also not so pretty :D.

As above. The audio would sound like this:

This is an actual GoPro attached to an Inspire which does record audio as you wanted...

Now you understand why you really DON'T want that and why the Inspire video has no audio track. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters