Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

IMU calibration/ interference

Reaction score
I know that during compass calibration you want to be clear of electronics,magnetic interference, large metal objects, etc...etc.
Does the same hold true with IMU calibration or is it not as fussy? I did IMU calibration on a level counter top with my contoller about 1 foot away and various other electronics at about 6 foot away.

Anyone? I am wanting to fly the maiden today and want to make sure I did the imu calibration properly before flying it. I will check the mod values after I get to the flying field and do the compass calibration and if all the values look good in various places I will give it a go.

Welcome!!
Go out to a open field for your first few flights until you get comfortable with your i1..
make sure you calibrate your compass correctly and once you get a good calibration leave it alone unless you move ..
Use gps mode when taking off and landing.
use atti mode if your i1 behaves poorly and land and start over..
Before taking off check your mod values ..
make sure and stand directly behind your i1 when taking off and check to make sure the pointer in the radar (left lower corner of app) is pointing the same direction as you and your i1..
always use a screen recoding device like Mobizen or shou ..
get a gps tracker incase of a flyaway. .
most importantly have fun!!!
Turbo

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jammartin