Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Wireless Interference Problematic Error - Possible Firmware Issue

Great forum, great people, hope no one send their bird to DJI waste of time and money, Thanks guys gals for sorting this out,
Have a nice Sunday

Hello,

Took my inspire out for a 1 battery flight. Started everything up in the house first to ensure there are no issues its been a while. In the house, I am getting non-stop wireless interference issue errors and wherever I go. NEVER HAD THIS ERROR IN MY HOUSE IN THE 2 YEARS I HAD MY INSPIRE and probably never outside either. I go to my usual spot where I never have any interference issues open area woods park area, bang! as soon as I start the DJI GO app she starts banging away with these errors.
Did all the calibrating necessary it does not matter. I think there is a problem with this DJI app build... Can anyone shed some light, help or verify. Thank you, this is a mess.

Also during this 1 flight, it goes into atti mode I get compass error but the even after two successful gps calibrations. about 22 degrees outside at the time. Strong wireless Interference errors started at the house and did do a reinstall of the go app and updated my iPad mini prior to flying.

Version:
app DJI go 3.1.23
Aircraft: 1.11.01.50
Remote 1.7.80
Camera 1.11.01.50+
Fly safe database 01.00.01.05

It's commonly known that later FW versions throttle back video transmission. I made a whole video on this problem and how to solve it.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: Jim Weist
It's commonly known that later FW versions throttle back video transmission. I made a whole video on this problem and how to solve it.

I hope this helps.
Donnie this problem rely of the go app IOS only is affecting P3,P4 mavics, I1v1,I1v2, pros, Like your video thanks for spending time to help the community

Reactions: Jim Weist

I hope this helps.
Thanks Donnie this is good info, As soon as i can get her out for another test flight i will if it fails again then plan B possibly your procedure
I have never downgraded since i never had to i'm just not sure if i should chance messing something up

I also posted over at DJI not much response in that forum very odd in my opinion

Not surprised at all, that forum seldom answer questions, this forum is much better in answering questions and giving solutions to problems. I don't even bother with the DJI forum anymore.

And the DJI employees over at that forum aren't too much help either, they ask you for a video of the problem, then when you upload a video nothing more happens, or in the best case they tell you to "send in the unit".

Today I finally got the ver 24 app and guess what, in a 8 min test flight at least 8 times I got the wireless interference warning, so, no joy. Oh and I was in airplane mode.

Same here but in my case it could be interference from the home wifi so I'll try with that switched off and any mobiles in the house also switched off. If good I'll then switch back on one by one and see when the messages reappear.

Okay so got to do this test:

iPad in aircraft mode (and iPad wifi off) - getting 'Wireless Interference' messages.
Switched my iphone (close by) to aircraft mode - no change.
Switched my iphone off - no change.
Switched my home WiFi extender off - no change.
Switched my PC off - no change.
Switched my home WiFi router off - SUCCESS, messages stopped!
Switched my home WiFi router back on - 'Wireless Interference' messages appeared again.

Checked this a couple more times and it seems that my home wifi signal was triggering the 'wireless interference' messages.

All I can think is that on 3.1.24 (IOS) the GO App is triggering these messages at a lower threshold than previously. I suppose from DJi's point of view they may have done it to be extra cautious but in reality we're going to end up ignoring these messages if they have no credibility and will then get caught out when it matters. It's probably the same with the 'motor overload' messages - they've tweaked the warning threshold to cover themselves from any liability for motor overload failures.

Hope to do a full flight test next weekend in open space to see how the I1 behaves in a working situation.

Charles, here is the message from DJI. You know it’s been successful when the recalibrate compass window pops up.

“We apologize you are having a problem with the compass, rest assured that we will do our best to help you out.

1. Power on the Remote Controller
2. Power on the Inspire 1
3. Toggle the flight mode switch on the left side 6 times.
4. Rotate the aircraft 360 degree once LED turns solid green rotate the aircraft 90 degree and rotate it 360 again and you are good to go.

If these don't fix the issue I would suggest sending the aircraft to our facility center for further diagnosis.“

Okay so got to do this test:

iPad in aircraft mode (and iPad wifi off) - getting 'Wireless Interference' messages.
Switched my iphone (close by) to aircraft mode - no change.
Switched my iphone off - no change.
Switched my home WiFi extender off - no change.
Switched my PC off - no change.
Switched my home WiFi router off - SUCCESS, messages stopped!
Switched my home WiFi router back on - 'Wireless Interference' messages appeared again.

Checked this a couple more times and it seems that my home wifi signal was triggering the 'wireless interference' messages.

All I can think is that on 3.1.24 (IOS) the GO App is triggering these messages at a lower threshold than previously. I suppose from DJi's point of view they may have done it to be extra cautious but in reality we're going to end up ignoring these messages if they have no credibility and will then get caught out when it matters. It's probably the same with the 'motor overload' messages - they've tweaked the warning threshold to cover themselves from any liability for motor overload failures.

Hope to do a full flight test next weekend in open space to see how the I1 behaves in a working situation.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I get the wireless interference message in the countryside at a large lake where I flew with not even a hint of a dropout. Take the bird out to a wide open area and see if there are messages or not, I don’ t think the issue is solved that easily. However seems build 24 fixed the connection problem between the AC and the devise, I didn’t have to fiddle with it yesterday when I tested the new build in an open field with no structures or cell towers within 50 yards of me, however the wireless interference message kept popping up.

Finally got a chance to fly today 37 degrees no wind 1 battery before the snow and rain in the northeast. This time I downloaded the maps using my hotspot then turned everything into Airplane mode Ipad mini and phone my car was off it has Bluetooth. I will say that I did not receive any wireless interference errors but I'm still not convinced that this did the trick since I been flying with the inspire for close to 2 years via phone and an iPad mini connected to the internet with no issues. I forced the gps calibration again in the same area I flew when starting this thread. I received 1 weak GPS warning then into Atti mode low to the ground but it popped back into P mode. No Motor overload errors/messages.

Reactions: daza01 and Mixchief
PS. Went to your web site. Nice photos. I am jealous. Got into drones from love and career in flying but have zero creative ability in photography.[/QUOT Appreciate thanks.

Thanks Charles but a lot of my shots are just down to what the client's DOP asks for. I'll invariably offer some suggestions and point out problem areas such as drone shadow that the DOP may not have thought about.

I've found that the most important thing is to become competent at flying the drone and to fully understand the camera settings, particularly how to get the best results for editing. Like a lot of things I find keeping it simple is often best though if you have a career in flying I would imagine you've got this sorted.

That's great Simon, Keep it simple makes sense, agree that the most important order of business is mastering flight and specific maneuvers so you can get the shots you need as quickly as possible. If you want the maximum creativity in the editing process shoot raw so you can get the best from the photo in post-processing. It's more work but its worth it. The whole reason I plunked out the bucks for the Inspire was for the Photography. Looking to shoot commercially very soon.

Hi all,
I also get these warnings from time to time but also get disconnects between the app and the aircraft.
I think it might be related to the controller as my phone (IPhone X) makes the USB disconnection sound whenever it happens.
Is anyone else having these issues?
Generally landing then switching off the controller fixes the problem.
Any tips would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Rafael..

Barker, I feel as though I'm finally homing in on these problems. They are all discussed on various forums but I haven't seen a definitive fix. The 2 issues you mention, I don't think are related.
For the interference issue;
Im guessing that DJI maximized the sensitivity (Inspire 1 Pro firmware update last July) to avoid the RC disconnecting; maximizing the range but then making it more sensitive to interference. Recent tests show interference when my iPhone is picking up lots of nearby WIFI's. I now switch iPhone to airplane mode (which closes both cellular and wifi) and once I've loaded the map, I shut off wifi and cellular on the iPad (my controller). I ask people standing close-bye to do the same. You can see the difference this makes if you check the HD noise in the GoApp. In future I will be trying to minimize powerful wifi signals near my operations. I stick to Auto channel selection, I thick its safer. I see blips of noise on channel 20 (from where I dont know) but if you manually set channel 20 (as I've seen some recommend) then you're fixed to that channel whereas Auto will switch channels if interference occurs.
Note: make sure you're not getting any interference before calibrating the compass, I've had several experiences of the compass getting messed up then causing errors while flying and I'm convinced it was because of interference during calibration.
For the App disconnect issue;
This is a well documented issue since iOS 11.2. Supposedly fixed with 11.2.6 but in my case not. I still get this consistently when switching between the GoApp and Autopilot. I'm fairly confident that this is fixed by unplugging the firewire connector (not the USB on the RC) on the iPad, wait a couple of secs. then reconnect. It seems to consistently bring the iPad App back to life. I understand 11.3 is imminent, fingers crossed for a fix.

Last edited:
Hey Ralph,
Thanks so much for your informative reply.
At least I now know I’m not alone!

Cheers,
Rafael..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG