Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Wireless Interference Problematic Error - Possible Firmware Issue

Reaction score
Website
www.charlesragucciphoto.com
Hello,

Took my inspire out for a 1 battery flight. Started everything up in the house first to ensure there are no issues its been a while. In the house, I am getting non-stop wireless interference issue errors and wherever I go. NEVER HAD THIS ERROR IN MY HOUSE IN THE 2 YEARS I HAD MY INSPIRE and probably never outside either. I go to my usual spot where I never have any interference issues open area woods park area, bang! as soon as I start the DJI GO app she starts banging away with these errors.
Did all the calibrating necessary it does not matter. I think there is a problem with this DJI app build... Can anyone shed some light, help or verify. Thank you, this is a mess.

Also during this 1 flight, it goes into atti mode I get compass error but the even after two successful gps calibrations. about 22 degrees outside at the time. Strong wireless Interference errors started at the house and did do a reinstall of the go app and updated my iPad mini prior to flying.

Version:
app DJI go 3.1.23
Aircraft: 1.11.01.50
Remote 1.7.80
Camera 1.11.01.50+
Fly safe database 01.00.01.05

N9dr4HT.jpg

NcKiggS.jpg

Same here. Been flying for 3 years in same location and all of a sudden every flight I get the wireless interference error.

Thanks for the comments I posted the same thread in DJI's forum with little to no replies from DJI said this but it makes no sense i don't think DJI even know whats going on. This answer makes absolutely no sense to me.

DJI Mindy
Compass error" still pops up in the DJI GO app during flight even though the compass has been calibrated successfully in an interference-free environment before the flight. This issue occurs because the aircraft is flying in a place where the compass cannot detect the interference correctly.
For the Motor Oveloaded issue, may I know if you kept pushing the joystick for a long time?
If you are sure the place is free of interference, and the error keeps popping up, please try another mobile device if possible, thank you.

Oh DJI knows, I’ve been in contact with one of their people on the forum and they really are acting like they haven’t a clue, asked me for a video which I haven’t been able Tom provide, but they are def aware

Hello,

Took my inspire out for a 1 battery flight. Started everything up in the house first to ensure there are no issues its been a while. In the house, I am getting non-stop wireless interference issue errors and wherever I go. NEVER HAD THIS ERROR IN MY HOUSE IN THE 2 YEARS I HAD MY INSPIRE and probably never outside either. I go to my usual spot where I never have any interference issues open area woods park area, bang! as soon as I start the DJI GO app she starts banging away with these errors.
Did all the calibrating necessary it does not matter. I think there is a problem with this DJI app build... Can anyone shed some light, help or verify. Thank you, this is a mess.

Also during this 1 flight, it goes into atti mode I get compass error but the even after two successful gps calibrations. about 22 degrees outside at the time. Strong wireless Interference errors started at the house and did do a reinstall of the go app and updated my iPad mini prior to flying.

Version:
app DJI go 3.1.23
Aircraft: 1.11.01.50
Remote 1.7.80
Camera 1.11.01.50+
Fly safe database 01.00.01.05
I kept getting this ON my Inspire 1 also. Progressively getting worse. Actually close to unusable with DJI GO app. started using Litchi and it was OK. Now Litchi says MC controller not plugged in so off to service it goes. I will follow up once repaired. Just going to add the following.
1. DJI GO would not let me calibrate compass at times. I do not calibrate unless told to by app. When checking sensor readings both IMU and compass at ZERO. That was my hint to send it in for service

I kept getting this ON my Inspire 1 also. Progressively getting worse. Actually close to unusable with DJI GO app. started using Litchi and it was OK. Now Litchi says MC controller not plugged in so off to service it goes. I will follow up once repaired. Just going to add the following.
1. DJI GO would not let me calibrate compass at times. I do not calibrate unless told to by app. When checking sensor readings both IMU and compass at ZERO. That was my hint to send it in for service
Appreciate the info information I hope this is not the case with my Inspire 1 seeing on the internet that a lot of Pilots with mavic's and Phantom Pro4 Inspire 1's are having the same issue with the wireless interference this started after I reinstalled the Go app. In any case what procedures are involved with sending it in or getting it to serviced by dji

Appreciate the info information I hope this is not the case with my Inspire 1 seeing on the internet that a lot of Pilots with mavic's and Phantom Pro4 Inspire 1's are having the same issue with the wireless interference this started after I reinstalled the Go app. In any case what procedures are involved with sending it in or getting it to serviced by dji
I am on the east coast, New Jersey to be exact. I am sending it in to one of the authorized center in New York city.DJI. My problem started minor and just slowly escalated till I was fearing a loss of control while in the air. I have been into RC Heli's and Racing drones for longer than my wallet cares to remember. Flying in Atti mode was not an issue, just the fear of losing all control or a major shutdown while in the air.Hope your fix is simple.

I am on the east coast, New Jersey to be exact. I am sending it in to one of the authorized center in New York city.DJI. My problem started minor and just slowly escalated till I was fearing a loss of control while in the air. I have been into RC Heli's and Racing drones for longer than my wallet cares to remember. Flying in Atti mode was not an issue, just the fear of losing all control or a major shutdown while in the air.Hope your fix is simple.

Same here Philadelphia, Oh, and good to know did you go through DJI first just curious how this all works or you dealing with them direct?

Same here Philadelphia, Oh, and good to know did you go through DJI first just curious how this all works or you dealing with them direct?
I just went DJI and followed instructions for setting up service call. They are the DJI New York store . It was the easiest process so that is why I went with them for repair. My warranty is long gone and drones are modded anyway. Carbon props and amplified RC so its all out of pocket at this point.

I have also noticed this on my Inspire 1 v2.0 and Mavic! I have had my Inspire for well over a year and this just started. I have some new neighbors that have some strange activities at odd hours. I thought they may have some electrical devices causing this interference. Borrowing a spectrum analyzer from a friend to see if I can pinpoint my theory. After seeing this post I wonder what it is that we are all seeing this now!

Haven't flown this year yet and today I updated the GO App to the new 3.1.24 (iPad). On powering up inside I immediately started to get 'Wireless interference' messages but this occasionally happens due to the house wifi.

I then went for a test hover/flight in my (reasonably large) garden. I still got regular 'Wireless Interference' messages and also 'Motor Overload' messages which spooked me a bit. To be fair it was cold out and the battery was only at 60% but I've never had this before. The motors were all perfectly free, no feel of rough bearings.

I then switched to my Android tablet on 3.1.11, launched again and had no such messages, everything as should be.

I fully charged a battery and tried again with my iPad - no 'Motor Overload' messages but still had the odd 'Wireless Interference' message.

Make of this what you will but it seems that the wireless interference messages are app related. I think the motor overload was probably due to the low battery level. I'll do a more extensive test flight next week and see how it goes but I suspect it's an app bug.

Haven't flown this year yet and today I updated the GO App to the new 3.1.24 (iPad). On powering up inside I immediately started to get 'Wireless interference' messages but this occasionally happens due to the house wifi.

I then went for a test hover/flight in my (reasonably large) garden. I still got regular 'Wireless Interference' messages and also 'Motor Overload' messages which spooked me a bit. To be fair it was cold out and the battery was only at 60% but I've never had this before. The motors were all perfectly free, no feel of rough bearings.

I then switched to my Android tablet on 3.1.11, launched again and had no such messages, everything as should be.

I fully charged a battery and tried again with my iPad - no 'Motor Overload' messages but still had the odd 'Wireless Interference' message.

Make of this what you will but it seems that the wireless interference messages are app related. I think the motor overload was probably due to the low battery level. I'll do a more extensive test flight next week and see how it goes but I suspect it's an app bug.

Hi Simon, This was pretty much my same experience very frustrating, to say the least. It was also cold when I flew but the wireless interference/motor overload has never happened prior to my reinstall of the go app. To top things as you see in my thread I also had compass errors. I posted the same thread in the DJI Inspire 1 forum with little to no replies from DJI or members which I still find hard to believe. I haven't had a chance to fly since last week Please keep us posted on your findings. Thanks

Has to b the app IOS ver since I1uses ligthbridge Mavic don’t I1 use dji go mavic go4 then litchi is fine i have both hope weather is fine tomorrow and test them, like the case of old iPads overloading but apple was slowing them. I don’t think that everyone one who experienced the errors has the bird with the same software ver, just my 2 ct

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell