Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

IMU won't calibrate after crash

Reaction score
Crashed today due to pilot error. Hit a tree and bounced on its top. Battery popped out, camera popped off, and gimbal cables unplugged. Lost one rubber shock.
Was able to get it back together, and fired it back up. Camera worked, had GPS, etc. I decided to calibrate the IMU just to be safe, and the calibration process stopped at 94% with the message that it moved and needed to be calibrated again.
I've taken it apart, checked cables, etc., but continue to get the same results.
At times, it will tell me that the IMU is okay, but no motor power and the red light remains solid.
I can still get GPS, camera view, and can put the quad into travel mode.
Any suggestions before I ship it back?
TIA

Crashed today due to pilot error. Hit a tree and bounced on its top. Battery popped out, camera popped off, and gimbal cables unplugged. Lost one rubber shock.
Was able to get it back together, and fired it back up. Camera worked, had GPS, etc. I decided to calibrate the IMU just to be safe, and the calibration process stopped at 94% with the message that it moved and needed to be calibrated again.
I've taken it apart, checked cables, etc., but continue to get the same results.
At times, it will tell me that the IMU is okay, but no motor power and the red light remains solid.
TIA

It sounds like the imu is stuck at tilt limit mine had the same problem WOT hobbies fixed mine. I don't know how they fixed it but I herd them talking about resetting IMU range

TIA
Hi there

I was just wondering if you found out to sort your IMU issue?

I seem to have exactly the same problem after a crash.

Many thanks

Deane

Check the cooling fan for a broken blade on the VPS, this can cause a vibration that prevents the IMU from calibrating successfully.
Thanks for the rapid reply. There is a missing blade on the cooling fan on the main control module.

What would be the fix for this, I didn't see an easy replacement option?

Thanks

Deane

Thanks for the rapid reply. There is a missing blade on the cooling fan on the main control module.

What would be the fix for this, I didn't see an easy replacement option?

Thanks

Deane
I think it is a standard PC fan, you should be able to pick one up from your local PC Spares store..

Thanks for that guys, so both of you are in agreement.

I have the fan exposed now and wondering how it is secured in place. There are "bumps" on three of the corners but they don't seem to be covering any screws etc.

OK, I managed to get it out but in is glued to a piece of the chasis which also has come out. I have the model of the fan but there does not seem to be an EXACT replacement. The closest I can find is
MC30060V1-000U-A99 but the inspire uses
MC30060V1-000C-A99 and the label has a red stripe no the green one which is sold.

Well guys, I think you were spot on!
I let it cool down and then switched it back on and did a calibration straight away but I stalled the fan blades. I thought it was going to fail again at the 94% mark but after a slight delay it jumped over it and finished it. YAY

Now back to the task in hand of finding another fan. Or do you think the missing blade can be balanced out with building up some adhesive to counteract the missing weight?

Thanks again guys

Thanks for that. I already found this one but as I mentioned in the previous post the model number is "U" with a green label and the Inspire fan is "C" with a red label.

Even though the volt and watt figures are the same. Do you know if this would be compatible?

Thanks Deane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M = Motor Series
C = Motor Type
30 = Frame Size
06 = Fan Thickness
0 = 5VDC
V = Bearing: Vapo
-1 = Speed: High
-000C = Customer Code
-A99 = Function: Auto Restart

I would say, Go for it..