Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 - AOG - major image transmission issues. (v01.11.01.50 a possible fix?)

Reaction score
We are having major image transmission issues with one of our Inspire 1 units to the point where is is not airworthy at this time and is grounded (AOG).

Upon startup, the camera initializes normally but then after a few seconds, begins to completely drop the signal including green lines, black lines, pixellated breakups, and then complete signal loss for 10-20 seconds at a time. I'd take a video but I think you get the picture.

Here's what we are running:
App - 3.1.12
Aircraft - 1.10.01.40
Remote - 1.7.60
Camera - 1.10.01.40

Troubleshooting: We have another Inspire 1 running the same exact FW setup and everything works perfectly. We have tried swapping multiple X3's and even a Z3 to the problematic aircraft to no avail. We experience the same transmission signal problems with all three cameras that we have. There is definitely something up with this aircraft and we need to get to the bottom of it to get it back into service.

We are leaning towards upgrading the aircraft to v01.11.01.50 as well as the controller to 1.7.80. However, as with any FW update, we are nervous to do that in itself.

If anyone can give us suggestions before we are forced to try an update, please let us know. We'd like to get this bird back in the air asap.

[*Before anyone asks, no the aircraft has never been crashed or even hard landed whatsoever.]

Clean contacts on the bird. Also lose the screws of the contact board inside a bit so they give a better contact.

Reactions: ehcropydoc
Need to clarify. Lose or loosen? You mean the screws on the camera board?

Screws of connector board inside the round cap when you lose them a bit the contacts are more thight with the contacts from the zenmuse And clean both with contact spray for sure
bf6c44f79e50300e0feeb4e88534803f.jpg

If you have still the x3 board, buy the x5 upgrade board. No issues with them and you van still use the zenmuse X3.

I agree, it's most probably poor contact between the camera and the mounting board on the aircraft and because it happens with all three cameras it would be the mounting board contacts. If cleaning and/or loosening the screws a little doesn't help then also check that the ribbon cable from the aircraft to the mounting board is fully pushed home on the mounting board (a bit fiddly).

Another possibility is a problem with the RC. You don't say if you have a slave setup but if you do and that's working fine then the issue looks like being the master RC as the slave takes the video feed directly from the aircraft. If you don't have a slave then I suggest you first try a different USB cable (a known good one) and second try the RC from your other Inspire. If the RC turns out to be the cause then it probably needs to be sent in for repair but with a bit of searching on the forums you may find something of help.

Finally, it could be that the mounting board ribbon cable is breaking down so you could try swapping with the one from your other Inspire.

Good luck and perhaps you can let us all know the outcome as it could be helpful to anyone else with this problem.

Reactions: eldorado and Gorm
I am in the process of making a video of this exact issue. After testing different FW versions in THREE Inspires, it is clear that FW v1.10.xx throttles back video Tx wattage. In the video, I show horrible video issues with FW v1.10. 2 hours later, the same bird has perfect video reception on v1.09 (noted as v1.9 in the DJI Go app).

I can say with 99% confidence, if you take your bird back to v1.09.xx or v1.08.xx (my personal favorite), this will fix your video Tx issues instantly. Don't forget to take the controllers back to v1.6. You'll probably have to rebind them.

Note: If you decide to go back to v1.08, you will FIRST need to install v1.09, configure it, fly it around a bit, and THEN take it back to v1.08. For some reason, and I don't know why, you can't just go to v1.09, and then immediately to v1.08. v1.09 was a mere expansion of NFZ's. v1.08 still has NFZ's for Class B and C air space, but NOT Class D, E or G. Therefore, I run v1.08 in my Inspire and never looked back.

Last edited:
Reactions: eldorado
We are having major image transmission issues with one of our Inspire 1 units to the point where is is not airworthy at this time and is grounded (AOG).

Upon startup, the camera initializes normally but then after a few seconds, begins to completely drop the signal including green lines, black lines, pixellated breakups, and then complete signal loss for 10-20 seconds at a time. I'd take a video but I think you get the picture.

App - 3.1.12
Aircraft - 1.10.01.40
Remote - 1.7.60
Camera - 1.10.01.40

Troubleshooting: We have another Inspire 1 running the same exact FW setup and everything works perfectly. We have tried swapping multiple X3's and even a Z3 to the problematic aircraft to no avail. We experience the same transmission signal problems with all three cameras that we have. There is definitely something up with this aircraft and we need to get to the bottom of it to get it back into service.

We are leaning towards upgrading the aircraft to v01.11.01.50 as well as the controller to 1.7.80. However, as with any FW update, we are nervous to do that in itself.

If anyone can give us suggestions before we are forced to try an update, please let us know. We'd like to get this bird back in the air asap.

[*Before anyone asks, no the aircraft has never been crashed or even hard landed whatsoever.]

I agree with several of the other possible answers given here but felt I must add one more possibility. I purchased a new Inspire 1 Pro back in January and from day one had transmission issues. I sent it back to California for repair. In typical DJI fashion they had it a month, did not keep me informed what was going on and then sent it back saying they couldn't find anything wrong with it. I unpacked it and of course it still dropped video signal every 20 seconds or so for anywhere from 5 to 20 seconds of lost signal. I went into the DJI GO app and looked at the signal strengths on each channel. I had it set to auto for it to pick the strongest channel (which I assumed was the best thing to do). It had chosen channel 20. I noticed channel 20 was not the strongest signal so I switched it to channel 17 which at the time was the strongest channel. It flew fine from then on and only dropped video signal when I reached about 1/2 mile away. My point is you can't trust auto to pick your strongest signal, and yes DJI did for some reason drop the signal output back after FW 1.08.

Last edited:

App - 3.1.12
Aircraft - 1.10.01.40
Remote - 1.7.60
Camera - 1.10.01.40

Hi.
According to DJI you should have
App - 3.1.12
Aircraft - 1.10.01.50
Remote - 1.7.60
Camera - 1.10.01.40

I ran the same updates and mine is fine..sounds like you are out of sync with the camera ( dunno how you got 1.10.01.40 on the aircraft..??????)

Cheers

Alan

App - 3.1.12
Aircraft - 1.10.01.40
Remote - 1.7.60
Camera - 1.10.01.40

Reactions: Qdog
Hey Just wanted to let you all know that I also had this same issue and DJI said they could find nothing wrong, oddly enough I couldn't see this being the case so I took the bird apart and found that 2 of the 4 antennas in the feet were not even connected!! Never been wrecked and was taken apart correctly. I fixed the issue with Dronenerds in Florida and now all is well, but I will said that Losening the screws does make your contacts much tighter! Hope you have fixed the issue or this helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wild2Game