Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Controller Firmware Roll Back.

Reaction score
Website
strudwickdroneservice.com
Like numerous DJI pilots I went ahead and upgraded my Controller's Firmware as suggested by a message on my controller. We all know the mess it causes when you upgrade the Controller firmware before updating the aircraft's firmware. The controller now constantly beeps, the beeping stops when I calibrate, however once the controller is turned off it and restarted the beeping resumes until I calibrate again. Therefore I now always have to calibrate to stop the beep before I can fly. I tried to roll-back the controller's firmware, that was an exercise in futility. Whenever I insert the USB stick with the roll-back firmware into the controller, it continues beeping and nothing happens. My aircraft has now become erratic. HELP!!!!

Reactions: syazoo
The ignore button is my favorite tool.
Wish I could help, but I don’t have that tooling. Hope you get it solved.

After having multiple DJI products, I see that button pretty much every day. I’m certainly not a fan of updates. Goes back to the old saying
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Like numerous DJI pilots I went ahead and upgraded my Controller's Firmware as suggested by a message on my controller. We all know the mess it causes when you upgrade the Controller firmware before updating the aircraft's firmware. The controller now constantly beeps, the beeping stops when I calibrate, however once the controller is turned off it and restarted the beeping resumes until I calibrate again. Therefore I now always have to calibrate to stop the beep before I can fly. I tried to roll-back the controller's firmware, that was an exercise in futility. Whenever I insert the USB stick with the roll-back firmware into the controller, it continues beeping and nothing happens. My aircraft has now become erratic. HELP!!!!
Did you do a search for "firmware?" I'm sure this has been covered before dozens of times. Surprised the immodly one didn't say something. I guess this is your lucky day! You have been given a mulligan! HA!

D

After having multiple DJI products, I see that button pretty much every day. I’m certainly not a fan of updates. Goes back to the old saying
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
Yep...every time I fly. The alternative sends one down a path of anger and frustration.

D

I actually have an old mavic pro that is on such an old firmware, I’ve never even seen it‘s firmware designation listed anywhere.

Did you do a search for "firmware?" I'm sure this has been covered before dozens of times. Surprised the immodly one didn't say something. I guess this is your lucky day! You have been given a mulligan! HA!

D
That graduation cap/square box does not appear on the top right of my DJI Go screen. So, no can do. I thought I tried that before.

That graduation cap/square box does not appear on the top right of my DJI Go screen. So, no can do. I thought I tried that before.
If there are three small lines in the upper right, use the same process for rollback of the controller. Just hold the three lines as if it were the cap.
Just did one of mine and it does work.

Reactions: djipete2021
If there are three small lines in the upper right, use the same process for rollback of the controller. Just hold the three lines as if it were the cap.
Just did one of mine and it does work.
You are the man. I did as you suggested and it worked. I really appreciate the help guys. You are indeed the best. Hey you are all Inspire Pilots, the best.

So I have a question about this...
I have successfully downgraded the I1 to 1.8, but my controller is stuck at 1.7.80 due to my Go app, which isv3.1.67. This app will not let me downgrade the RC at all, let alone to 1.6. As it stands right now, the RC alone will control my I1, but when I add my iPad Pro, using Go 3, into the mix, I can start the motors, but on the takeoff command, the motors shut down, & I get a warning about an incompatible aircraft.

My suspicion is that my app is gumming up the works, and I need to downgrade to Go 3.1.1. What I don’t know is where to find this version for the iPad, or whether iOS 14.xx will allow it to run on my iPad. Do I need to find an old iPad with iOS 12, or switch to an android tablet to make the whole system work together?

So I have a question about this...
I have successfully downgraded the I1 to 1.8, but my controller is stuck at 1.7.80 due to my Go app, which isv3.1.67. This app will not let me downgrade the RC at all, let alone to 1.6. As it stands right now, the RC alone will control my I1, but when I add my iPad Pro, using Go 3, into the mix, I can start the motors, but on the takeoff command, the motors shut down, & I get a warning about an incompatible aircraft.

My suspicion is that my app is gumming up the works, and I need to downgrade to Go 3.1.1. What I don’t know is where to find this version for the iPad, or whether iOS 14.xx will allow it to run on my iPad. Do I need to find an old iPad with iOS 12, or switch to an android tablet to make the whole system work together?
Which controller do you have? I believe the "C" is not downgrade-able.

D

Just an observation for anyone else doing a downgrade/roll-back.
There are two 1.6.0 downgrades listed. If you choose the lower of the two, the rollback seems to default to 1.5.80 (Phantom 3 Professional) , from there I upgraded to 1.6.0 (Inspire 1).
Actually, it will NOT rollback to a Phantom 3 1.5.80, when it does the last step of configuration on the controller, on all firmware version loads, after it makes the controller LED go to mint-green, it will switch the display to say Phantom 3 Pro and 1.5.80, but once you shut off the controller, disconnect it from USB, turn the controller back on and then plug it into the USB 5 seconds after it turns on it will show Inspire 1 and whatever firmware you chose.

I have done the flashing procedure at least 2-3 dozen times, so I am well aware of how the app acts. I even know when to unplug the controller as part of the procedure to "unbrick" a controller that is stuck on the mint-green LED status, as well as how to get the controller into blue LED "firmware upgrade status" when it is stuck and won't on it's own.

Actually, it will NOT rollback to a Phantom 3 1.5.80, when it does the last step of configuration on the controller, on all firmware version loads, after it makes the controller LED go to mint-green, it will switch the display to say Phantom 3 Pro and 1.5.80, but once you shut off the controller, disconnect it from USB, turn the controller back on and then plug it into the USB 5 seconds after it turns on it will show Inspire 1 and whatever firmware you chose.

I have done the flashing procedure at least 2-3 dozen times, so I am well aware of how the app acts. I even know when to unplug the controller as part of the procedure to "unbrick" a controller that is stuck on the mint-green LED status, as well as how to get the controller into blue LED "firmware upgrade status" when it is stuck and won't on it's own.
Was it you, Brian, who discovered that the Inspire 1 "C" controllers can't be rolled back to FW v1.6? Someone on here had mentioned this. **** failing memory...

Hopefully, we'll hear back from the OP, as I'm anxious to know myself which RC he has.

D

Was it you, Brian, who discovered that the Inspire 1 "C" controllers can't be rolled back to FW v1.6? Someone on here had mentioned this. **** failing memory...

Hopefully, we'll hear back from the OP, as I'm anxious to know myself which RC he has.

D
Well, I did find out that on certain "C" controllers you can load the 1.6.0 or earlier firmwares, but you get an "Encryption Error" that you can't get rid of until you go to either 1.7.6 or 1.7.8. So those "technically" can't be downgraded.

I haven't seen a controller that won't show up to be downgraded in the RC firmware screen.

I HAVE seen it where the controller will not show up and you need to unplug the USB, wait 3 seconds and plug it back in. I do believe that is the most common point of failure people would see and is highly hardware dependent (ie, depends on the computer you are using, then possibly USB cable issues).

Reactions: Donnie Frank

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters