Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Firmware update issue 7/10/17 v 01.11.01.50 .

After exhaustive testing today I can now reliably make the 30m flight constraint appear and disappear:

Close down the DJI Go app (double tap home button & swipe up on the DJI app) and then restart the DJI Go app.

Switch on the remote, then the iPad and the I1. Fly to 40m, no problem.

Land, turn of the I1 and then turn it on again whilst leaving the remote & iPad powered up. Much as you would do if changing the battery.

Fly to 40m and the I1 will report flight limit reached at 30m. Remain in flight whilst quickly shutting down & then restarting the the DJI Go app and the 30m flight restriction will have cleared.

The only reliable way to ensure that the 30m flight restriction is cleared before each take-off is to close down the DJI Go app (double tap home button & swipe up on the DJI app) and then restart the DJI Go app.

I hope this information helps someone who has been experiencing the same issue as this problem has been frustrating the hell out of me for the past week!

Hopefully someone on the beta program will read this and report back to DJI to get this fixed soon.

Firmware should have went. Bird first with transmitter off. Done with update, shut off pull card to check for success. If success do controller next with aircraft off. Restart both bird and controller. Sign out of app if still signed in then sign back in. Problems that I have heard of. Not signing out and back in causing problems with limited flight and image transmission. Controller no longer bound to the aircraft and having to recalibrate the controller. Try the signing in and out first and see if that fixes the problem cause that's what it sounds like.

Firmware should have went. Bird first with transmitter off. Done with update, shut off pull card to check for success. If success do controller next with aircraft off. Restart both bird and controller. Sign out of app if still signed in then sign back in. Problems that I have heard of. Not signing out and back in causing problems with limited flight and image transmission. Controller no longer bound to the aircraft and having to recalibrate the controller. Try the signing in and out first and see if that fixes the problem cause that's what it sounds like.

Please read my previous post.

I have signed out & back in, several times. I have also reinstalled the DJI Go app and tried a second iPad.

This fault can be reliably recreated by turning the Inspire 1 off and then on again whilst the controller & iPad remain powered up. It can also be cleared by shutting down the DJI Go app and restarting it.

I am in discussion with a major UK based DJI distributor that has also seen this issue.

There is no doubt in my mind that dji has some bugs in this firmware release no matter what camera you are using. If you are still having problems after logging in and out you can either try reloading the firmware again or the better option is to go back to the 40 firmware.

There is no doubt in my mind that dji has some bugs in this firmware release no matter what camera you are using. If you are still having problems after logging in and out you can either try reloading the firmware again or the better option is to go back to the 40 firmware.

I have tried rolling back to the previous firmware but the update results file reports that this firmware does not support rolling back to an earlier version!

It's not supposed to but from the information I have been gathering from several websites, a hand full of dji beta testers, and dji themselves over the past 6 weeks it seems the problems happen more often with the x3 cameras than with the z3 or x5. If it will not let you jump back one like it's supposed to try downloading the file again to a formatted sd card and load it in the camera and see if it'll update.

I too have been plagued with this incredibly annoying problem. It ruined a commercial job yesterday and caused me much embarrassment.

At home I was able to power on the Inspire Pro and controller/IPad mini 4 and height was limited to 30m again.
So I signed out and closed the DJI GO app and theb re-opened it and the restriction was gone.
Fixed however still VERY annoying as my mavic has no such issues and every time you change a battery the procedure had to be done again!!

DJI please fix this asap. For us commercial users it's a complete nightmare

I too have been plagued with this incredibly annoying problem. It ruined a commercial job yesterday and caused me much embarrassment.

At home I was able to power on the Inspire Pro and controller/IPad mini 4 and height was limited to 30m again.
So I signed out and closed the DJI GO app and theb re-opened it and the restriction was gone.
Fixed however still VERY annoying as my mavic has no such issues and every time you change a battery the procedure had to be done again!!

DJI please fix this asap. For us commercial users it's a complete nightmare

I too had the same embarrassment doing a large scale roof inspection last week and thought I had fixed the problem by doing exactly what you did.

My next commercial job was 4 miles out at sea so imagine how happy I was when the 30m restriction returned! Not only was it embarrassing, I was very close to losing the Inspire in the North Sea as the vessel I had launched off had moved away from the launch location leaving me unable to fly back to safety!

If your I1 is behaving the same as mine then you will find that the 30m restriction will return when you do a quick battery change on the I1 whilst leaving the remote and DJI Go app active. It would be useful if you could check this & report back?

P.S. Like you, my Inspire 2 and Mavic Pro don't suffer from this problem.

I shall do at about 6.30pm today when I'm home. NEED to get this stupid issue sorted. DJI should be on top of this immediately. How many commercial users are out there being made fools of infront of clients. Not good. Especially considering the huge costs involved with buying and running these drones.
They should be sorting this as a priority to appease all the loyal customers they have!@

Reactions: seboscope
I shall do at about 6.30pm today when I'm home. NEED to get this stupid issue sorted. DJI should be on top of this immediately. How many commercial users are out there being made fools of infront of clients. Not good. Especially considering the huge costs involved with buying and running these drones.
They should be sorting this as a priority to appease all the loyal customers they have!@

If your's behaves like mine then you can always 'double tap to close' the DJI Go app & restart it mid flight to remove the restriction.

Fortunately I stumbled upon this workaround before the I1 ran out of power and ditched in the North Sea!

For what its worth, i have the same problem which i posted about 2 weeks ago but was dismissd by saying i needed to resign in, which didnt solve anything. I guess you have to make a lot of noise when your new around here.

Reactions: marg2
After i erased my ipad and reinstalled the app and put the update back on the sd card and powered it up under each battery before i went out. I havent had the flight restrictions anymore. I do power the app down everytime i switch batteries and turn it all back on. Seemed to work. I am however getting major delay before my camera will record. Sometimes 30-60sec of sitting in the air befor it will record. Other than that all is good

Just flew it at home..at first the stupid limit was there but landed and exited go app and 're opened. Took off and went to 390feet.
Landed changed battery with app and controller on and again limited.
So exited app again and re-opened and no limit again. So as long as you ALWAYS exit app once aircraft is on and 're open there are no limits apart from 500m height or what ever your countries limits are...

Still annoying as mavic and DJI GO 4 app does not do it so DJI need to send out some.firmware to fix this rediciouls issue for us commercial users.
Perhaps a different sign in for CAA OR FAA registered users would be a good idea to stop illegal use by persons who are not trained, insured or licenced??

Not sure how that would be put into effect though?
Maybe a good idea.
There's many idiots ruining this type of work by not paying rules and regulations etc. But same as anything there's always going to be some moron subjecting us decent folks to higher premiums and more restrictions etc.

Atleast I know what to do each time now to fly un-limited and othets do too.

Is it actially safe to close the DJI GO app during flight?? I would have thought that could compromise safety or GPS precision??
I tend to land if I have to close and open the app.

Dave

Reactions: MrTVR
Found out about this "fix" after I missed a demolition shot in the gulf........just goes to show I need to read or scan everything on this site almost daily after a firmware update to make sure DJI doesn't throw a wrench in the works. Thanks for the work around on the app

Does anyone know if the Tech people at the AMAZING DJI are actually working on this? This seems to have been going on for a while. Would be a priority if it were my business that had 70% of the world's market!!!

Reactions: seboscope
Can you hot-swap the batteries so the I2 is never turned off? Some have been keeping their camera settings by doing this. I have not upgraded to the latest and greatest. But I do have heart-stopping notices that I have to sign in, especially on 3rd party apps, when I'm out of cell range. I just click through the warnings and all is good. This is really a bad "feature". I'm going to be working on $400k/day productions. They just don't want to hear it, no matter the excuse. "Don't use a craft that doesn't work" is all they'd say and we're back to the Altas and Reds. Finally got the DOP happy with the X5S and now this. Ugh! DJI is poised to get into the really high-end stuff. This is so insane.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207