Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 Firmware update issue 7/10/17 v 01.11.01.50 .

Can you hot-swap the batteries so the I2 is never turned off? Some have been keeping their camera settings by doing this. I have not upgraded to the latest and greatest. But I do have heart-stopping notices that I have to sign in, especially on 3rd party apps, when I'm out of cell range. I just click through the warnings and all is good. This is really a bad "feature". I'm going to be working on $400k/day productions. They just don't want to hear it, no matter the excuse. "Don't use a craft that doesn't work" is all they'd say and we're back to the Altas and Reds. Finally got the DOP happy with the X5S and now this. Ugh! DJI is poised to get into the really high-end stuff. This is so insane.

How on earth would u do that??

Can you hot-swap the batteries so the I2 is never turned off? Some have been keeping their camera settings by doing this. I have not upgraded to the latest and greatest. But I do have heart-stopping notices that I have to sign in, especially on 3rd party apps, when I'm out of cell range. I just click through the warnings and all is good. This is really a bad "feature". I'm going to be working on $400k/day productions. They just don't want to hear it, no matter the excuse. "Don't use a craft that doesn't work" is all they'd say and we're back to the Altas and Reds. Finally got the DOP happy with the X5S and now this. Ugh! DJI is poised to get into the really high-end stuff. This is so insane.

This issue concerns the I1, not the I2.

Does anyone know if the Tech people at the AMAZING DJI are actually working on this? This seems to have been going on for a while. Would be a priority if it were my business that had 70% of the world's market!!!

Heliguy (a major DJI distributor in the UK) say they have observed the issue and reported this to DJI. They have also passed on the details of the workaround so hopefully DJI will provide a proper fix soon.

And yes, you can shutdown the app & restart it mid flight, I have now done that several times. Whilst this might sound dangerous, the I1 will only ever be close by so if you had a problem you could easily land without the iPad display.

Reactions: Davidp
I have upgraded to the latest firmware, I know, stupid me! Every time i take off it does the 30m height/distance restriction on me.......

Also to mention the video / fpv transmission disconnects and can take up to a minute to reconnect.
Please help.

I have been so preoccupied with 30m limit issue that it has only just registered with me that the DJI Go app is now regularly disconnecting!

Whilst disconnects have always occurred, my experience was that they would only occur at a rate of about one disconnect in say 10-20 flights. Thinking about my experience at sea last week I had three disconnects in just two flights. The previous roof inspection had three disconnects in 12 flights.

Perhaps this is yet another problem caused by the latest firmware?

I am having the same issue. I am also looking to purchase another aircraft, and this issue has cost DJI a sale. From researching the problem, I have noticed that this is an issue across all their platforms. I will now be purchasing a competitor's platform so as to avoid having the same issue on backup aircraft

Is it the latest firmware making this 30 meter limit or is the GO app update?

So if i still have an older firmware on the I1 but have the latest GO version will it still have this 30 meter limit problem?

Is it the latest firmware making this 30 meter limit or is the GO app update?

So if i still have an older firmware on the I1 but have the latest GO version will it still have this 30 meter limit problem?
I think it a the firmware.
Simple fix is to attach camera etc. Close app and 're open and limits shall be gone
Easy if u remembr each time. Hopefully dji shall.aort it soon as they know about it

Simple fix is to attach camera etc. Close app and 're open and limits shall be gone
Easy if u remembr each time. Hopefully dji shall.aort it soon as they know about it

I flew yesterday at someone's place with zero 4g network signal and 're opening was not a problem as I'm always logged into the app. Each time u change a battery or switch drone off u need to close/open app

Well i feel that reopening the app should not be necessery, this is something DJI needs to sort out ASAP.
What DJI themselves said when the update came out was if i remember it correctly that it was needed to login to your DJI account in the GO app after the update to get this 30 meter limit to go away, but that it was only needed to be done once after the update.
Or did i understand it wrong?

Well i feel that reopening the app should not be necessery, this is something DJI needs to sort out ASAP.
What DJI themselves said when the update came out was if i remember it correctly that it was needed to login to your DJI account in the GO app after the update to get this 30 meter limit to go away, but that it was only needed to be done once after the update.

I totally agree. Defiantly should not have to keep doing it and they need to fix it

I totally agree. Defiantly should not have to keep doing it and they need to fix it

Got this back today from DJI via Email.
Thanks for reaching us.

We have read your concern and we will be happy to assist you.

With regards on your concern with Altitude and flight distance, please reboot the app when the drone is hovering in a safe place or after the drone has returned to home and has been restarted. Please refresh the firmware of your aircraft as well through DJI Assistant.

Thank you and have a good day.

Kind Regards,

Marineth
DJI Technical Support

Yes, this is the way it is supposed to work, and the way mine does work. But I currently have a firmware update nag, so I'm not on the current firmware and I'm not going there until this issue is fixed.

Reactions: Nola DroneWORX
Yes, this is the way it is supposed to work, and the way mine does work. But I currently have a firmware update nag, so I'm not on the current firmware and I'm not going there until this issue is fixed.

Wish I'd known about it before I updated!!
Even dji don't have a proper answer apart from keep opening and closing the **** app!!! Argghhh

It wouldn't be so bad if I could roll back to the previous firmware (which I have a copy of) but this latest firmware does not allow you to go back!

What a nightmare!

It wouldn't be so bad if I could roll back to the previous firmware (which I have a copy of) but this latest firmware does not allow you to go back!

What a nightmare!

After doing what dji suggested ( which I k we already I sent another email and this is the response.
What you guys make of it??
Dave

Marineth (Support)

8月22日 00:33 CST

Hello David,

Thanks for writing us back.

With that, kindly reboot the app when the drone is hovering in a safe place or after the drone has returned to home.
Upon checking on your concern and researching as well, the reason behind of the issue that you were experiencing is that when the aircraft is linking with the app, the aircraft has been restarted before take-off or the battery has been changed before the next take-off, yet the app has not been rebooted, it is possible that the app will prompt the maximum height and the maximum distance after take-off.

Please be sure that you needs to perform this step on a safe place.

Thank you and have a good day.

Kind Regards,

Marineth
DJI Technical Support

And in another world......

"Dear expensive car owner....

I'm sorry to hear that your steering wheel stops working every time you turn the lights on.

Please find a safe place to turn the engine off and restart it and hopefully your steering will start working again before you crash.

Please remember that next time you need to drive your car you must remember to turn your lights on before starting the engine.

Thank you, tech support agent, Broken Motor Works."

Reactions: Nola DroneWORX

I'm sorry to hear that your steering wheel stops working every time you turn the lights on.

Please find a safe place to turn the engine off and restart it and hopefully your steering will start working again before you crash.

Please remember that next time you need to drive your car you must remember to turn your lights on before starting the engine.

Liking that wording!!.
Shame it's true!!
**** u DJI

Hilarious... especially the Broken Motor Works crack. I had a BMW M5 that had $18k of warranty work done. I unloaded THAT lemon immediately after the warranty expired. Wholesaled it out for a Prius! :) Which, BTW, is a wonderful Inspire support car with its 1kW of power available on the 12v accessory circuit. OT, I know...

Reactions: MrTVR

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu