Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 FW Update v01.11.01.50.

dji are claiming this is for the X5R also

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 9.06.11 am.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 9.06.11 am.png
    23.1 KB · Views: 74
We just tried to update on I1ProX5 ...

Go app identified both controller & aircraft require updates ...
Controller updated via internet download in Go app ...
Aircraft refusing SD card update following several downloads & attempts...
Release notes only for x3 but as mentioned above, Go app screen states "uprage required" on our x5Pro ...
Now having serious issues connecting aircraft & controller - presumably as now on different FW versions!

Anyone had similar issue and any advice or fix?

i successfully installed all last night and flew with no issues/dropouts today.
you may need to re-assign the rc to the aircraft , as i hear some rc are being totally reset with the new FW.

Thanks @rodeo23

- the aircraft hasn't 'DDDD' bleeped at all ..

Re-tried controller update & now successfully connected craft to controller (without reassign) ... but Go app still demanding FW upgrade for both aircraft & X5 .... any ideas?

Did you do the update in this order?

1. Inspire 1 with battery (make sure your remote is turned off)
2. leave the SD card in the Inspire and update all the batteries if required ( make sure your remote is turned off)
3. update the remote with SD card inserted into card reader USB (make sure your Inspire is turned off)
4 update the DJI Go App : Connect the remote and see if you need to update again (as all the new updates will be done using the Go App for the remote) (,make sure your Inspire is turned off)
5. sometimes you need to relink the Inspire 1 to the remote (but not always)
You should be able to connect the Inspire 1 to the remote and check your current FW versions and they will be up to date

with thanks to RichJ53

Hi @rodeo23 @Nigpd
Yup, in that order...

1. Deleted/reinstalled GO app after first fail - experience ;)
2. The aircraft didn't bleep or flash as expected during normal upgrade
3. Formatted SD, downloaded & retried several times - still no bleep response from aircraft....
4. RC upgraded successfully via Go app

Using latest version of GO app
5. RC & aircraft link but GO app still says FW upgrade required for aircraft & camera

....totally puzzled as to what it could be ....

Next time my friend..........we normally do wait......never had any major issues with FW updates before.........this fool rushed in.......Ahhhh.

"2. For increased safety, the flight is restricted to a height of 30 m and distance of 50 m when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft."

That is my hanging point. I'm not upgrading firmware to have it crap out and throttle my UAS to 30m altitude and 50m distance unless I know that it is going to work with the app I use for flight control. The last version works. Why mess with success? I didn't go through all that training to be second-guessed by some hack sitting behind a desk in China thinking they know my situation better than me. I can determine where I can fly safely by myself, thank you.

Reactions: Highrpm955
Can someone confirm if this update has added distance restrictions too? I was told from a source at DJI they were going to restrict the i1 to 500m distance and 400ft height in the next update as i raised merry hell about the slave issues since updating and managed to get through to them via a company who is a dealer for them local to me.

Im leaving mine alone for now until i know its all good as other have said but have the update needed message to on our x5r i1.

Can someone confirm if this update has added distance restrictions too? I was told from a source at DJI they were going to restrict the i1 to 500m distance and 400ft height in the next update as i raised merry hell about the slave issues since updating and managed to get through to them via a company who is a dealer for them local to me.

Im leaving mine alone for now until i know its all good as other have said but have the update needed message to on our x5r i1.

30 m height and 50 m distance "when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft" although they fail to mention what is supported and what it not as far as apps go.

Until they clarify, I am going to stick with what I know works.

30 m height and 50 m distance "when not connected or logged into the app during flight, including DJI GO and all apps compatible with DJI aircraft" although they fail to mention what is supported and what it not as far as apps go.

Until they clarify, I am going to stick with what I know works.
Smart.

Reactions: josephcharles
I'd like to share a little info if someone might get I to the same problems.

I couldn't update the remote via USB for unknown reasons and the app was also failing to do so time after time. Than I remembered being using a IOS11 public beta. Stole my wife's iPhone (ios10) and update via go app happened in matter if seconds rather than minutes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephaineC