Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 1 RC not updating - Instructions on how to reset RC

There is another way to get your RC updated with a USB pen-drive.
I have placed a RC reset file on one of my websites, this will restore your RC to factory condition.

The instructions are:
1. First download this RC reset patch file by putting it on a pen-drive and update the RC with it.
http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/gs_ofdm.bin

2. Then turn off the RC, reconnect the ipad/android and delete the existing DJI Go App, then download it again and re-install it.

3. Restart the RC and then start the newly installed DJI GO App.

4. Click the "Upgrade Required" message and in the next section the App will offer to download the latest FW file and install it, click "download FW file" and when it has downloaded, install it.

For those who still receive an "Upgrade Required" warning.
After restarting the RC you might get the "Upgrade Required" message, if so apply this patch file.
http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/C1_FW_V01.02.0021.bin
wish I saw this earlier, Thanks .

Hasn't worked for me. I continuously get the "red flashing light bleeping RC from hell" with an "RC encryption error" warning.

I've tried regressing to 1.2.0.6 and back up with no luck. The RC seems fried.

So little thought has gone into how to make this work from DJI. It's a second rate customer experience on what I can only say is an overpriced well below standard product.

I cannot get the master Rc to pickup after the latest try firmware up,red light and that's it

both patches were tried ,The RC just sat there with a red liight ,no activity that anything was happening

So little thought has gone into how to make this work from DJI. It's a second rate customer experience on what I can only say is an overpriced well below standard product.
Absolutely , so done with them this was my forth quad from DJI - I should have known better . Now my brand 3K I1 sits out in S.CA awaiting its eight week jail term, I live in the N.East ( hell - that's early October ) . This due to a ******** update , that should have never been .

Reactions: Andrew Woodward
Well i got the Rc back from DJI ,it would not update,they said the hdmi circuit failed not sure what that has to do with anything.(i use an ipad 2 air with usb)
Now the RC unit will not act as a slave,i just get the pink purple led it shows as slave but does not work , and does not communicate with the inspire 1 so no video.
DJI tech said he would call me back in 2 hrs .well he did not
This last firmware did me in,everything was working fine before the firmware update..I think when things are good stay away from an internet signal ,then you won't know when there is a firmware update.
I really don't know how this is going to end up ,but i am laid up more than i am flying

Reactions: jmelario
There is another way to get your RC updated with a USB pen-drive.
I have placed a RC reset file on one of my websites, this will restore your RC to factory condition.

The instructions are:
1. First download this RC reset patch file by putting it on a pen-drive and update the RC with it.
http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/gs_ofdm.bin

2. Then turn off the RC, reconnect the ipad/android and delete the existing DJI Go App, then download it again and re-install it.

3. Restart the RC and then start the newly installed DJI GO App.

4. Click the "Upgrade Required" message and in the next section the App will offer to download the latest FW file and install it, click "download FW file" and when it has downloaded, install it.

For those who still receive an "Upgrade Required" warning.
After restarting the RC you might get the "Upgrade Required" message, if so apply this patch file.
http://www.weymouth-angling.co.uk/C1_FW_V01.02.0021.bin

Aviator do you know if this will work with Phantom 3 pro. Radio also?
I am haveing the Upgrade Required problem and i have the latest firmware installed, also when i turn on my Phantom video is ok and after a few minutes my screen goes black (just video not telemetry) Thanks !!!

I believe it will.
I cannot guarantee it will work on the Phantom 3 Pro controller but if I were you I would try it.

Well i got the Rc back from DJI ,it would not update,they said the hdmi circuit failed not sure what that has to do with anything.(i use an ipad 2 air with usb)
Now the RC unit will not act as a slave,i just get the pink purple led it shows as slave but does not work , and does not communicate with the inspire 1 so no video.
DJI tech said he would call me back in 2 hrs .well he did not
This last firmware did me in,everything was working fine before the firmware update..I think when things are good stay away from an internet signal ,then you won't know when there is a firmware update.
I really don't know how this is going to end up ,but i am laid up more than i am flying

I have the same issue. The USB port does not connect to anything, flash drive, camera, mobile etc. For this reason it won't update. Its stuck in slave mode and no longer has any link to the I1. The txt file on upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3 said

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:04 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.03.00.00.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Corrupted.
Firmware bin file is corrupted, download it again from the DJI offical website.

However now I can't install anything as the USB port no longer works. I can see the slave remote on the masters RC control settings as full signal.

Any ideas if there is another way to upgrade firmware from 1.2 without USB port ?

Try and update your rc to 1.3 and see if the usb port works..
I have the same issue. The USB port does not connect to anything, flash drive, camera, mobile etc. For this reason it won't update. Its stuck in slave mode and no longer has any link to the I1. The txt file on upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3 said

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:04 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: WM610_FW_V01.03.00.00.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Corrupted.
Firmware bin file is corrupted, download it again from the DJI offical website.

However now I can't install anything as the USB port no longer works. I can see the slave remote on the masters RC control settings as full signal.

Any ideas if there is another way to upgrade firmware from 1.2 without USB port ?

i kept switching rc units from master to slave and it caught , i now have it all working

Yes ..been having some trouble using the site for the last five days or so..
for whatever reason the site has been running very slowly and things like multiple posts happens and when I try and delete the post it hangs up..sorry about that..
Wait Turbo, you just welcomed yourself to the forum! Not once, but twice, put down that beer! :p

Yes ..been having some trouble using the site for the last five days or so..
for whatever reason the site has been running very slowly and things like multiple posts happens and when I try and delete the post it hangs up..sorry about that..
You can delete your own duplicate posts as I had to do for the same reason. Since the server were recently updated, I have found it slow to respond and at time impossible to connect to (Apple Safari browser). The link times out and the server reported as not responding. At the same time I can view the website on my iPad. Are the administrators aware?

Last edited:
Reactions: turbodronepilot
You can delete your own duplicate posts as I had had to do for the same reason. Since the server were recently updated, I have found it slow to respond and at time impossible to connect to (Apple Safari browser). The link times out and the server reported as not responding. At the same time I can view the website on my iPad. Are the administrators aware?
It was perfectly alright before they upgraded to FW1.4!
Well, FW 1.4 gets blamed for every other hiccup in the world, so why not blame it on the server malfunction LOL...

I informed the editor when I asked a question about my rc a few days ago and i sent Mazz a pm too..
Mazz reported it I believe. ..
I don't think they are aware that this is a widespread problem. .
hopefully they will get it worked out soon..

You can delete your own duplicate posts as I had to do for the same reason. Since the server were recently updated, I have found it slow to respond and at time impossible to connect to (Apple Safari browser). The link times out and the server reported as not responding. At the same time I can view the website on my iPad. Are the administrators aware?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop