Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No Image / No Signal

I have the same issue. No Signal.
I have tried everything from
1- switiching inspire and rc off and back on
2- changing usb cables
3- changing tablet
4- trying other cables with other tablet
5- making sure antennas are points in the right direction
6- removing sd card
7- formatting and reinserting sd card
8- inserting new sd card
9- deleting and reinstalling dji go app
10- relinking rc with inspire
11- unhooking X3 from inspire and reattaching
12- talked to support and tried their steps
In the end they asked me to send them a hidden log file in the sd card, then replied by saying the file shows my X3 is faulty and i need to send it in for repair under warranty.
Funny thing is, although i get no signal, i have full control of the gimball and although there is no live feed i am still able to take photos and videos ( blindly ) but none the less the X3 is functional. I can not view the images or videos on the app, they wont come up, but i can download them to my camera roll on my ipad and they are there.
I have tried to comb the internet for any tips regarding this issue, but nothing. Clearly the issue is with the signal between camera and app. And i cant find out why.
Just to make thingns a little clearer, i have had no signal/no live feed from day 1. I turned my inspire on, rc on, launched app, then got the update requires list ( from aircraft, rc, battery to camera all need update). Turned everything off, googled steps for updating, followed the steps to the letter. Used videos on youtube as guidance, took a while, then when i launched the app, showed no more update required. But no live feed since then. Flying gets boring without a purpose. #help
Hey Qatar. ..
Since you've talked with dji and they said you have a bad camera I would take their word for it and send it in for repair or replacement. .

2- changing usb cables
3- changing tablet
6- removing sd card
8- inserting new sd card
In the end they asked me to send them a hidden log file in the sd card, then replied by saying the file shows my X3 is faulty and i need to send it in for repair under warranty.
Funny thing is, although i get no signal, i have full control of the gimball and although there is no live feed i am still able to take photos and videos ( blindly ) but none the less the X3 is functional. I can not view the images or videos on the app, they wont come up, but i can download them to my camera roll on my ipad and they are there.
I have tried to comb the internet for any tips regarding this issue, but nothing. Clearly the issue is with the signal between camera and app. And i cant find out why.
Just to make thingns a little clearer, i have had no signal/no live feed from day 1. I turned my inspire on, rc on, launched app, then got the update requires list ( from aircraft, rc, battery to camera all need update). Turned everything off, googled steps for updating, followed the steps to the letter. Used videos on youtube as guidance, took a while, then when i launched the app, showed no more update required. But no live feed since then. Flying gets boring without a purpose. #help
This has come up numerous times on the forum - please do a search for similar threads.
There have been numerous instances of faulty X3's which fail to initialise (or intermittently fail to initialise) the video stream to the Lightbridge.
You will need to send your camera in for replacement.

2- changing usb cables
3- changing tablet
6- removing sd card
8- inserting new sd card

See attached screenshot, doesn't look like you've tried this. I had the same issue and this fixed it for me. You could have a faulty camera, but equally you may not and this may be what's causing it. It's quite a common thing, it would seem.

Best of luck.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    184.7 KB · Views: 88
2- changing usb cables
3- changing tablet
6- removing sd card
8- inserting new sd card

Send in your camera. They were surprisingly quick on the turnaround for me. Had it back within 2 weeks.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Need some help. I have updated the Inspire Firmware both on the RC and Inspire itself. I have lost image transmission when switched on. Status reads that there is no signal but i am able to control gimbal and fly too. Am just not getting any image on my iPad mini. Tried to record, so when i popped the micro sd card into the computer it captures and saved all recordings. So everything seems to be working fine except am not getting any real time images. Has anyone experienced this problem and how can i rectify it?
Note:- Before the firmware update was done Ive had hours of flight time and everything was perfect. problems only arose after new firmware updated.
I had this exact same problem. Live histogram, could record video and stills, but no live picture. Tried everything, called DJI and they were flummoxed. Last stab was to buy a new camera because I didn't want to send the "bird" away for weeks. PROBLEM SOLVED.
Also, I could never get a "clean" firmware upgrade text file always read "Failed", but the app said all was up to date.

Hi Guys

First post on this forum.

I'm having the same issue as Qatar above, tried everything that was listed, even the cables and cleaning contacts. I1 has been fine since first bought it in Aug, problems started on Thursday after RC firmware update.

I reckon I'm going to try a new camera under warranty... Unless there are any other ideas out there...

Terrible timing, have PFAW test on Thursday.

I had this exact same problem. Live histogram, could record video and stills, but no live picture. Tried everything, called DJI and they were flummoxed. Last stab was to buy a new camera because I didn't want to send the "bird" away for weeks. PROBLEM SOLVED.
Also, I could never get a "clean" firmware upgrade text file always read "Failed", but the app said all was up to date.
As I said in post#44 above, I've come across this issue (and so have DJI) many times before - a new camera is the answer.

Hi Guys

First post on this forum.

I'm having the same issue as Qatar above, tried everything that was listed, even the cables and cleaning contacts. I1 has been fine since first bought it in Aug, problems started on Thursday after RC firmware update.

I reckon I'm going to try a new camera under warranty... Unless there are any other ideas out there...

Terrible timing, have PFAW test on Thursday.
As above - new camera will solve it.

A new camera it is then - it's the only option left anyway. Cheers.

I didn't think I'd be replacing parts within the first 2 months...
DJI should replace the faulty one with a brand new one.
You can then keep it as a spare (just in case) or sell it on FleaBay albeit at a slight loss and put the money towards extra batteries, chargers, new case or dare I say it, even an X5.

They sent me an RMA so I sent mine in for repair. Did you guys who got new cameras have to pay? They're telling me to pony up $349 to repair my "broken" camera. Funny, because I took pictures and video before I sent the thing in. The firmware broke something in the camera to kill the video transmission, but the camera still works. This is total BS, especially since I was under the impression that the RMA meant they'd be fixing the Phantom, not charging me to repair it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44