Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

If You are having Image Transmission Signal Issues READ THIS!

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with DJI Support as we have been experience Image Transmission Signal issues since the last update with our Inspire 1 PRO. Since the most recent firmware upgrade we couldn't get any Image Transmission Signal at all! Very concerning.

The guy was extremely helpful and said they have been swamped with calls for two weeks after the first of the two most recent upgrades.

IF YOURE CONTROLLER WAS UPGRADED TO Firmware 1.6 BEFORE UPGRADING YOUR INSPIRE 1 TO "Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.9.1.00" or the most recent "Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.9.1.30" THEN YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IMAGE TRANSMISSION ISSUES.

The FIX? Very simple... downgrade RC's to v1.5.8 by clicking holding the graduate hat in the top right of the DJI GO App for 5+ secs and letting go. Then downgrade the Inspire 1 Firmware to v.1.8.1.00.

After both RC's andInspire 1 have been downgraded you can now upgrade your Inspire 1 to the latest firmware "Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.9.1.30" followed by upgrading your RC's back to 1.6.

This should remedy any and all Image Transmission Signals. He advised that RND invested energy in solving this issued there should be no Image Transmission Issues after this fix.

Currently in the process, will report back if all works well. Fingers crossed

Just got off the phone with DJI Support as we have been experience Image Transmission Signal issues since the last update with our Inspire 1 PRO. Since the most recent firmware upgrade we couldn't get any Image Transmission Signal at all! Very concerning.

Hi Sky, i have an error [0800] and [1500] (device not detected) during firmware update, it keep on failed on update progress. is there any software to flash the firmware by computer?

Reactions: Flyinghigh1

The guy was extremely helpful and said they have been swamped with calls for two weeks after the first of the two most recent upgrades.

IF YOURE CONTROLLER WAS UPGRADED TO Firmware 1.6 BEFORE UPGRADING YOUR INSPIRE 1 TO "Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.9.1.00" or the most recent "Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.9.1.30" THEN YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IMAGE TRANSMISSION ISSUES.

The FIX? Very simple... downgrade RC's to v1.5.8 by clicking holding the graduate hat in the top right of the DJI GO App for 5+ secs and letting go. Then downgrade the Inspire 1 Firmware to v.1.8.1.00.

After both RC's andInspire 1 have been downgraded you can now upgrade your Inspire 1 to the latest firmware "Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.9.1.30" followed by upgrading your RC's back to 1.6.

This should remedy any and all Image Transmission Signals. He advised that RND invested energy in solving this issued there should be no Image Transmission Issues after this fix.

Did this solve your image transmission issues, Ive noticed on mine I get image transmission errors for the first few mins from take off it seems to go away after flying for a few mins but it always freaks me out at the start, could never figure out why it does this, was wondering if this would solve it...

How do you downgrade the Inspire 1 Pro itself, Please?

Did that resolve the issue?

Does this apply to "No Signal" issues?

i am running on 1.4 and recently on a gig (haven't been flying in a month or so) the normally working setup did not work as in second RC video feed.. i had full control over the camera but no pic and power cycling did not help... the video would go out to my monitor but not on the phone where it said "no signal" in a red bar...

i did have my third (second inspire) remote with me and there it worked fine without lag...

any ideas?

p.s.: i did not have the chance to check out video feed with my third (modified controler) - i separated the two antennas... seemed to work ok though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had this problem in the last month and hated, almost ever flight I got the error message.

Now I downgraded the controller, the inspire and than upgraded back to the latest, flown one battery using Litchi, and it didn't displayed the error, just very rarely the image was greyed out for half a second or so ..

I will fly the other 4 bateries in the next days, hope the problem is fixed! :)

Thank you for advice.

I was about to send my 2nd inspire 1 pro black today due to non stop video transmission errors, black bars, green bars etc... , so maybe there is hope! Although I'm a bit confused on how to do what needs to be done, I'm at latest firmware on rc, drone and cam, help...

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
very easy , to downgrade the controller, just press and keep holding for a few seconds the top-right icon in the DJI GO app .. than chose the 1.5.8 firmware and press the refresh button

dji_go_icon.jpg

And for the Inspire Firmware just download the 1.8 firmware from the DJI website, unzip it on the card and power up the drone (controller turned off) .. and wait untill the beeps change to BEEEEEP ..... BEEP BEEP

Hope it helps you too :)

Reactions: madgadget and jlrsn
very easy , to downgrade the controller, just press and keep holding for a few seconds the top-right icon in the DJI GO app .. than chose the 1.5.8 firmware and press the refresh button

dji_go_icon.jpg

And for the Inspire Firmware just download the 1.8 firmware from the DJI website, unzip it on the card and power up the drone (controller turned off) .. and wait untill the beeps change to BEEEEEP ..... BEEP BEEP

Hope it helps you too :)

When i went to downgrade the controller firmware it said v 1.60 and started downgrading to that , uhg, where and how do i get the 1.58 firmware?

When i went to downgrade the controller firmware it said v 1.60 and started downgrading to that , uhg, where and how do i get the 1.58 firmware?
You need to scroll over the 1.6 and the 1.5.8 will show up bellow

Hope this fix works with the P4 too.
Nothing to lose, try and report back. :)

I only flown one battery since the downgrade - upgrade, I'll see how it goes in the next days, now the weather is not so great unfortunately.

Reactions: Tommy Bayshore
If I'm running 1.8, should the RC be on 1. 58 or does it matter?

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
No ofense but why don't you try what Sky Guy Van told us ? What you have to lose ? I don't know what are your options, but I don't have a dealer/service in my city or in my country, I need to send the drone to Germany in case of a problem, so to try to avoid this I try to do all I can to solve my problems. In this case Ihope the problem was fixed. And it was a very simple thing to do, nothing complicated, all you need is written above.

Good luck in solving your problem.

No ofense but why don't you try what Sky Guy Van told us ? What you have to lose ? I don't know what are your options, but I don't have a dealer/service in my city or in my country, I need to send the drone to Germany in case of a problem, so to try to avoid this I try to do all I can to solve my problems. In this case Ihope the problem was fixed. And it was a very simple thing to do, nothing complicated, all you need is written above.

Good luck in solving your problem.

He says this:
"IF YOURE CONTROLLER WAS UPGRADED TO Firmware 1.6 BEFORE UPGRADING YOUR INSPIRE 1 TO "Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.9.1.00" or the most recent "Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.9.1.30" THEN YOU WILL EXPERIENCE IMAGE TRANSMISSION ISSUES. "

That does not apply to me, but i'm still having issues and tried and no go.

Reactions: SteveO
Spoke to DJI, they suggested running 1.8 firmware with the latest RC firmware, or running 1.9 firmware with downgraded 1.6 firmware on the RC.
They also said i may want to send it in for repairs. I said "dude, this is the second unit ive had in 2 weeks or less, your telling me i got 2 defective units or could it possibly be software related".. he agreed its probably software, in short, i dont think DJI knows WTH is going on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gonengo Brian