Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire 2 disconnected to I Pad

The iPad Air is pretty old by tablet standards (2014 or 2015 depending on which version you have) and has a fairly underpowered cpu compared to newer models (A7 chip). It is similar in speed to the iPad Mini 3 I mentioned in my earlier post above. I don't think these A7-based devices have the horsepower to handle the demands of the Go4 App reliably, especially with the 2 video feeds from an I2. Since you have a CrystalSky I'm not sure why you need to use your iPad too, but if you do need a reliable iOS-based platform I'd suggest getting a newer iPad. As I mentioned above I'm using my iPhone X as a backup for my CrystalSky, and I'm not seeing any disconnects, while I was seeing them all the time with my iPad Mini 3 running completely up to date sw.
I was mistaken about my iPad being an iPad Air version. Actually I purchased my 9.7” iPad in 2017 and it’s a 128gb WiFi +cellular.
It’s the 4th generation iPad so it should more than be adequate to use with DJI GO 4. I seriously doubt if it’s the problem!! I still believe it has something to do with the app itself and not my iPad.

View attachment 21256

After disconnecting constantly the only solution was when I updating my iPad Pro 10.5

No new cables, no reinstall the DJI app.

No Disconnect while operating my i2 since updating to iOS 12., over 2 weeks now and not 1 Disconnection. I fly a couple times a day.

The iPad runs much better overall on iOS 12, better internet connection faster load times and no bugs that I’ve noticed.
But iOS 12 isn’t available yet at least as far as I can see??

The iPad Air is pretty old by tablet standards (2014 or 2015 depending on which version you have) and has a fairly underpowered cpu compared to newer models (A7 chip). It is similar in speed to the iPad Mini 3 I mentioned in my earlier post above. I don't think these A7-based devices have the horsepower to handle the demands of the Go4 App reliably, especially with the 2 video feeds from an I2. Since you have a CrystalSky I'm not sure why you need to use your iPad too, but if you do need a reliable iOS-based platform I'd suggest getting a newer iPad. As I mentioned above I'm using my iPhone X as a backup for my CrystalSky, and I'm not seeing any disconnects, while I was seeing them all the time with my iPad Mini 3 running completely up to date sw.
As I said before I was mistaken about the version of my iPad. I purchased the 128gb WiFi +cellular 4th generation in September 2017 so it should be more than adequate for using the DJI GO 4 app without any problems. And as the question of why I don’t use my crystal sky monitor the simple answer is that I don’t like the Android operating system and I find using my iPad much easier to download videos and pictures from it. Granted the crystal sky monitor has 2 sd ports where I can transfer my videos and pictures to my desktop and laptop and also I can use the Dtrans option to transfer my videos and pictures directly to my iOS devices. But I still have trouble with the Android operating system. It’s just a matter of preference for me, nothing more! At some point I will get comfortable with Android and then start using my crystal sky monitor more.

This is what Dji sent back to me I am sure it is a standard reply, buy hey!
We are sad to hear this issue that you have with your Inspire 2 remote controller not connecting with the mobile device and we would like to offer some basic troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue. In case that the troubleshooting will not be able to rectify the technical issue, we would suggest that you send the unit to the AU Repair Center in for the actual diagnostics.

You can follow the checklist of things to do below:
(a) Remove and reinsert the cable to check if the contacts are loose.
(b) Reinstall the app. Back up data in advance to avoid data loss.
(c) Try a different device, if using iOS try an Android to check OS issue.
(d) If the remote was previously used as the slave (dual remote) make sure to set it back to master mode. (Check RC settings)
(e) Make sure that the remote is not in PC mode.

- While powered off, press both C1 and C2 at the same time.

- After a beep sound, press the shutter button.

- Power on the remote controller consequently.
Alsy.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
We are sad to hear this issue that you have with your Inspire 2 remote controller not connecting with the mobile device and we would like to offer some basic troubleshooting steps to try to resolve the issue. In case that the troubleshooting will not be able to rectify the technical issue, we would suggest that you send the unit to the AU Repair Center in for the actual diagnostics.

(d) If the remote was previously used as the slave (dual remote) make sure to set it back to master mode. (Check RC settings)

Alsy.
I had a similar problem with my Inspire 2 and after REPEATED ATTEMPTS at talking with DJI’s customer service department and numerous emails back and forth with them I got the same answer as you just got.
Their standard answer to problems like this is “send it in to us” and we’ll take a look at the problem!! Yes if you have DJI REFRESH CARE it’s a good idea but you still have to pay for shipping one way to them.
And in my case they charged me a replacement fee even though I had DJI REFRESH CARE. They go through all your flight records and always seem to find something to make it your fault. You’d think that for how much we pay for the Inspire 2 we would get better customer service but that’s not the way it works with them.
I understand exactly how you feel and I hope you’re able to get this issue resolved quickly.
Good luck

Alsy.
It’s almost word for word what DJI told me when I asked about the exact same problem. So yes it’s their standard reply.

We trailblazer...
I read a report online that said it's better to wait until the properly released version is released sometime in September and I don't want to jeopardize my devices with an early Beta version. I know that there's people out there like you that feel comfortable using a Beta version but I am not one of them that can afford to risk it. So you can judge me as a non risk taker and that's your right but I am sticking by my decision!!

View attachment 21256

After disconnecting constantly the only solution was when I updating my iPad Pro 10.5

No new cables, no reinstall the DJI app.

No Disconnect while operating my i2 since updating to iOS 12., over 2 weeks now and not 1 Disconnection. I fly a couple times a day.

The iPad runs much better overall on iOS 12, better internet connection faster load times and no bugs that I’ve noticed.

This is great to hear man!:)

Reactions: Phil DeVore
This is great to hear man!:)
I am looking forward to getting it as soon as it is released in September. At the present time only the Beta version is out there and I am not going to use it due to the bugs reported with it. At least that’s when it’s supposed to be coming out. And hopefully it’ll help with this disconnecting problem.

I am looking forward to getting it as soon as it is released in September. At the present time only the Beta version is out there and I am not going to use it due to the bugs reported with it. At least that’s when it’s supposed to be coming out. And hopefully it’ll help with this disconnecting problem.

Yes, problems do occur and yet we tend to find ways in every problem that we encountered.:) I suggest, try to find alternatives also in order to keep your drone secure always.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phuketdivecenter