Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Inspire x3 camera settings washed out

Reaction score
hi there I have just recently purchased a dji inspire and after moving from a custom built hexacopter with gh4 it is a beauty to fly .
The problem is I took it out for a couple of flights with the camera on auto and all of the footage looks washed out and over the exposed and not sharp at all would anybody be able to give me any tips and advise on how to correct this distortion or if it is a fault with the camera or possible firmware error.
Example pic below
Many thanks
Tom

View media item 533View attachment 10424

Last edited:
It looks like it was overcast and hazy that day. The image also looks grainy, what was the ISO set at?
Hi there thank you for your reply, yes it was overcast today when that was shot but I have shot on a sunny day with nd filter and it just looks very grainy and not sharp! I did not alter the ISO as it was on auto but I did put it on manual and adjusted in the air but no luck
Many thanks for your reply

Reactions: SanCap
Hi there thank you for your reply, yes it was overcast today when that was shot but I have shot on a sunny day with nd filter and it just looks very grainy and not sharp! I did not alter the ISO as it was on auto but I did put it on manual and adjusted in the air but no luck
Many thanks for your reply

Your image data shows 1/15th of a second for shutter speed, that might have something to do with lack of sharpness. That is kind of slow for a photo taken from a copter.

dScreen Shot 2016-10-29 at 2.21.37 PM.png

Your image data shows 1/15th of a second for shutter speed, that might have something to do with lack of sharpness. That is kind of slow for a photo taken from a copter.

dView attachment 10425
Ah okay do you think I should take it out of full auto and fly on manual ? do you think that's why the image is as grainy and distorted as it is ?
Thanks
Tom

Okay thank you for your help, is there a chance that it could be an error possible firmware or faulty cam ?

It is always possible but try getting some images in the 1/125th to 1/250th or faster shutter speeds and see how the images look. The X3 camera is not a GH4! But your images should be better than your examples.

Reactions: Thomas hopkins
It is always possible but try getting some images in the 1/125th to 1/250th or faster shutter speeds and see how the images look. The X3 camera is not a GH4! But your images should be better than your examples.
Okay brilliant thank you for your help

I have been using mine fior 2 years now and never use auto anything. SanCap is right, for video you need the ND filter to keep the shutter speed down near 1/50sec because the X3 has no iris, it's set at f2.8. And you want to keep yr iso around 200, not much higher.
For still photos you still need to keep that iso down but you want your shutter speed higher to prevent blur, so you may only need a lighter ND or none at all. You know the X3 sensor is very small, like a GoPro. If you want a larger sensor like the GH4 then invest in the X5 camera

dView attachment 10425

@ScanCap Aerial,
I am just starting with the Inspire and I was wondering how you can get the photo details (lens, ISO, aperture, etc) displayed on your computer.
Or is this a screenshot form the DJI GO app?

Reactions: SanCap
@ScanCap Aerial,
I am just starting with the Inspire and I was wondering how you can get the photo details (lens, ISO, aperture, etc) displayed on your computer.
Or is this a screenshot form the DJI GO app?

I am on a mac and that info shows up in the Apple Photos program if you select the image and click on Info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chassee