Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

iPad 4 mini

Reaction score
I'm hoping the crowd here can help me out with a quick question. Which version of the iPad 4 mini do I need to pilot the Inspire 1 (V2)? The version with both wifi and cellular or will the version with just the wifi work equally well? I realize you need data access to load apps and maps, I can create a cellular hotspot with my mobile for that and link the iPad through that. Is this feasible or not?

Reaction score
thanks for the feedback. the DJI website said it was compatible, but getting feedback from end-users is preferable

Reactions: Phil DeVore
Reaction score
I use a WiFi hotspot running on an Android smartphone with a data plan, so I can load missions from DroneDeploy and Litchi to my Nexxus 7" tablets or iPad without cell. It works fine. I don't like interruptions while flying so keep a 2nd phone on the plan for $10 a month and keep it dedicated for drone controllers or hot-spotting for non-cell devices...

Reaction score
I use the ipad mini 4 (wifi & cell, 16gb version) and it works great. Using it both on my P4 and I2.

Only issue i have is when using it on a bright, sunny day, without any glare protection, its difficult to see. But with a monitor hood, this solves the issue.

Reaction score
You only need cellular if you plan to use other drone Apps or you need to download maps.

Having either a portable hotspot or cell phone you can use as a hotspot is the best way to go if you find you do need cellular. When the I-pad gets either broken or too old you can just replace it with whatever you want and not have to worry about swapping over the cellular service to a new tablet.

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theo Bierkens