Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Issue with IMU Calibration

Reaction score
Hello there.

I crashed my Inspire 1 yet I fixed everything with a new parts. At first its work great then I decided to do IMU Calibration but it reach 94% then stopped. I put it on a very flat surface. I mean Ive done all what dji told me and I still face this issue.

Please if anyone know how to fix this and I'm wondering where IMU located.

Reactions: Kleiber Borba
Make sure there is NO VIBRATIONS from either the AC or the flat surface, I recall one guy had a broken fan blade on the AC that was causing a small vibration which stopped the IMU from calibrating..

Yea also the fan is broken .. I thought its small things and wouldn't cause any thing. So can I replace just the fan ? or turn it off then after the IMU turn it on ?

I think it is best to replace the fan, I am sure it is just a standard PC cooling fan that you should be able to acquire at any PC repair shop.
Meanwhile, disconnect the fan and see if your IMU will calibrate, at least you will know that the fan is causing the problem..

Yes finally I made it. the problem as you told me was caused by the VIBRATIONS from the broken fan.

I really appreciated it ..

Hello there.

I crashed my Inspire 1 yet I fixed everything with a new parts. At first its work great then I decided to do IMU Calibration but it reach 94% then stopped. I put it on a very flat surface. I mean Ive done all what dji told me and I still face this issue.

Please if anyone know how to fix this and I'm wondering where IMU located.
Hi.
I think you will find that imu will be located slap bang in the centre of the flight control board. But don't quote me exactly on that.
Someone may be able verify that for you.

Hi.
I think you will find that imu will be located slap bang in the centre of the flight control board. But don't quote me exactly on that.
Someone may be able verify that for you.
The IMU is integral to the flight controller - it is not a physical 'thing' that you can see. It is made of of mems gyro units and solid state accelerometers.

So I have installed the latest App version 2.4.1 and cannot find the IMU calibration function, the same place it was. Can anyone help me locate it?

Thanks, and I'm not seeing the "MC Settings" anywhere now. It's a bit frustrating when everytime they come out with an update things move around. Can you be more specific? Thanks.

Reactions: Alastair
Thanks, and I'm not seeing the "MC Settings" anywhere now. It's a bit frustrating when everytime they come out with an update things move around. Can you be more specific? Thanks.
It has not moved anywhere in the last 3 months on the iOS GO app (now 2.4.1). Are you connected to the aircraft? On start close the Status dialog and tap the second icon from the top left (4 circles). That calls up the MC Settings menu and make sure you are not on a sub-menu (tap arrow at top left of dialog). Scroll down to Sensors and select, then scroll to bottom.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters