Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

last firmware create restrictions ?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
About the last firmware 01.11.01.50., does somebody knows if the aircraft is restricted to 30 meters height and 50 meters distance when the tab isn't connected to internet ?
I'm afraid to misunderstand the dji release note about that !
Does someone already fly upgraded 01.11.01.50. without internet connection and without 30m height & 50m distance safety restrictions ?
Thank you for your help.:)

Hello everyone,
About the last firmware 01.11.01.50., does somebody knows if the aircraft is restricted to 30 meters height and 50 meters distance when the tab isn't connected to internet ?
I'm afraid to misunderstand the dji release note about that !
Does someone already fly upgraded 01.11.01.50. without internet connection and without 30m height & 50m distance safety restrictions ?
Thank you for your help.:)
The restriction is from the 3.1.15 app which I suggest not to use.

The restriction is from the 3.1.15 app which I suggest not to use.
Ok Scooby, do I have to understand that if I upgrade to 01.11.01.50 I will be stuck with the height & distance safety restrictions enable when I fly without internet connection on my tab ?
There is no solutions to avoid the restrictions and set our own flight limits ?
It's so strange to be stuck at 50 meters in open countryside when we are working the most of time without internet connections !!:eek:

Somebody knows a way to avoid this issue, but in the same time upgrade the last FW ??o_O
Thank You for help pilots .

Ok Scooby, do I have to understand that if I upgrade to 01.11.01.50 I will be stuck with the height & distance safety restrictions enable when I fly without internet connection on my tab ?
There is no solutions to avoid the restrictions and set our own flight limits ?
It's so strange to be stuck at 50 meters in open countryside when we are working the most of time without internet connections !!:eek:

Somebody knows a way to avoid this issue, but in the same time upgrade the last FW ??o_O
Thank You for help pilots .
you don't need the connection just turn on the controller first then aircraft and WAIT till it does gimball dance etc once you have green light turn your app, had the same problem did the test on 5 batts and never had limits

Reactions: Jim Weist
The firmware doesn't seem to be the problem. It's the 3.1.15 app for iOS that is the problem and how it is relating to the new inspire 1 firmware. They are not talking correctly with one another to put it in layman's terms. The restrictions may still be there with the older version of the firmware or it may be a different problem all together. M600 owners that use the go app are having issues with video transmission mostly and the version of the go app that was modified last week got rid of the flight restrictions but now have image transmission issues,, compass issues, and gray screen when filming in certain formats. So if you have the 3.1.15 app and it's working fine on the old firmware do not upgrade the firmware. If you are running the older go app, 3.1.14 or before go ahead and update the firmware because the older app seems to work fine with the newer firmware. Or go to using an andriod system or a 3rd party app like autopilot or litchi.

you don't need the connection just turn on the controller first then aircraft and WAIT till it does gimball dance etc once you have green light turn your app, had the same problem did the test on 5 batts and never had limits
OR you can do like he is saying because that's the only way around it. So when you change batteries, close the app, put in the new battery and power it on wait til the camera stops and then open the app again. In other words always start the app last in the start up sequence.

The firmware doesn't seem to be the problem. It's the 3.1.15 app for iOS that is the problem and how it is relating to the new inspire 1 firmware. They are not talking correctly with one another to put it in layman's terms. The restrictions may still be there with the older version of the firmware or it may be a different problem all together. M600 owners that use the go app are having issues with video transmission mostly and the version of the go app that was modified last week got rid of the flight restrictions but now have image transmission issues,, compass issues, and gray screen when filming in certain formats. So if you have the 3.1.15 app and it's working fine on the old firmware do not upgrade the firmware. If you are running the older go app, 3.1.14 or before go ahead and update the firmware because the older app seems to work fine with the newer firmware. Or go to using an andriod system or a 3rd party app like autopilot or litchi.
Ir even better, FPV Camera.

once you once you get everything working stop doing these freaking updates. Disconnect your bird from the internet and fly happily ever after

Reactions: seboscope
OR you can do like he is saying because that's the only way around it. So when you change batteries, close the app, put in the new battery and power it on wait til the camera stops and then open the app again. In other words always start the app last in the start up sequence.
Ok, I undersand the way to avoid the issue and very thank you for that !!
But there is two things I didn't understand yet.
When does the issue occure ??
Is it when the tab/app is NOT connected to the internet ? Or everytime (connected or disconnected to the internet).
And, is it only a warning notice or a real physical flight limits that stop the aircraft when it reach 30/50 meters ?
Thank You for your light in this nightmare.:confused:
I use an Asus Android tab.:cool:

Is it when the tab/app is NOT connected to the internet ? Or everytime (connected or disconnected to the internet).
And, is it only a warning notice or a real physical flight limits that stop the aircraft when it reach 30/50 meters ?

Is physical I do find the aircraft been very sensitive 2 it wont matters if wifi or not just turn app the last after you get your back light
Green

I haven’t had this problem with android. Just apple ios with the 3.1.15 app using the new 11 50 firmware for the i1. My Samsung Android tablet works fine with the new firmware. I’m running the 3.1.11 app on the android. To answer your questions tho. It doesn’t matter if you’re connected or not connected, the limit is still there and it’s a physical limit.

I haven’t had this problem with android. Just apple ios with the 3.1.15 app using the new 11 50 firmware for the i1. My Samsung Android tablet works fine with the new firmware. I’m running the 3.1.11 app on the android. To answer your questions tho. It doesn’t matter if you’re connected or not connected, the limit is still there and it’s a physical limit.
Oh my god, it's worse than what I thought !!
When I read for the very first time the DJI release note about .11.50 firmware I thought that new feature was an automatic safety process when the tablet doesn't connected to the internet and therfore does not manage the maps with the no-fly zones, and so on...
I thought this new feature is very annoying and really stupid for the professionals because we already use aeronautical informations and maps before each job, and before going to the field.
But, maybe (a very tiny "maybe") it makes sense for the non-pro. Safety first !!
BUT, (a super big "but" this time) if the 30/50 meters restriction is enabled everytime, each flights, whatever the connecting conditions of the tab, it's more than an issue it's an industrial suicide of DJI R&D dept !
It's amazing !
Perhaps I'm not up to date myself, DJI didn't fix it yet ?
Last thing, you said it's ok on android, so as you know which kind of benefit can I have with 11.50 firmware ?
By the way, a huge thanks to both of you Scooby and marg2 for sharing your experiences.:)

Just helpings will test heavy this weekend planning to film a thriatlon glad i got a P2-v3 with no restrictions plus Mavic
Mariano

Just helpings will test heavy this weekend planning to film a thriatlon glad i got a P2-v3 with no restrictions plus Mavic
Mariano

Ohh forgat that P2 has a IPhone 4s you make a mission it goes fly and come back in 12 min
Been my baby for 3 yrs never crashed

Oh my god, it's worse than what I thought !!
When I read for the very first time the DJI release note about .11.50 firmware I thought that new feature was an automatic safety process when the tablet doesn't connected to the internet and therfore does not manage the maps with the no-fly zones, and so on...
I thought this new feature is very annoying and really stupid for the professionals because we already use aeronautical informations and maps before each job, and before going to the field.
But, maybe (a very tiny "maybe") it makes sense for the non-pro. Safety first !!
BUT, (a super big "but" this time) if the 30/50 meters restriction is enabled everytime, each flights, whatever the connecting conditions of the tab, it's more than an issue it's an industrial suicide of DJI R&D dept !
It's amazing !
Perhaps I'm not up to date myself, DJI didn't fix it yet ?
Last thing, you said it's ok on android, so as you know which kind of benefit can I have with 11.50 firmware ?
By the way, a huge thanks to both of you Scooby and marg2 for sharing your experiences.:)
I’ve never had any of the restrictions or problems on my android tablet. Just the apple tablet. Even tho there are a few extra features and the live feed video thru the screen is a bit better thru the iOS those extra features do not make up for the lack of reliability and problems that come with using iOS. That’s just my 2 cents. If your firmware on the bird is 1.9 or the 1.8 leave it there. The 1.11 seems a little bit better in image transmission that the 1.10 was but not by much. For insurance reasons I have to be on the newest firmware per my policy rules. If you don’t have to be then don’t do it.

I’ve never had any of the restrictions or problems on my android tablet. Just the apple tablet. Even tho there are a few extra features and the live feed video thru the screen is a bit better thru the iOS those extra features do not make up for the lack of reliability and problems that come with using iOS. That’s just my 2 cents. If your firmware on the bird is 1.9 or the 1.8 leave it there. The 1.11 seems a little bit better in image transmission that the 1.10 was but not by much. For insurance reasons I have to be on the newest firmware per my policy rules. If you don’t have to be then don’t do it.
On the bird my firmware is 1.10.01.40 and on my android tab the firmware is 3.1.11 (like you for the app I guess).
Everything work fine, so I think you'r right, I don't gonna change for the new firmware 11.50.
But the thing is that my android tablet isn't in good "vibes" since a couple of week, she's got unsteady colours, rocky shaky frames and sometimes she suddenly shut down !!:eek:
When it's occur at 500 feet and 300 meters away, you feel as lonely as astronauts during atmospheric re-entry black-out !:confused:
Since two days my tablet is super dead, so I gonna buy another one and download the latest android firmware on it.
Perhaps it will drive me to issues ? What do you think ?

On the bird my firmware is 1.10.01.40 and on my android tab the firmware is 3.1.11 (like you for the app I guess).
Everything work fine, so I think you'r right, I don't gonna change for the new firmware 11.50.
But the thing is that my android tablet isn't in good "vibes" since a couple of week, she's got unsteady colours, rocky shaky frames and sometimes she suddenly shut down !!:eek:
When it's occur at 500 feet and 300 meters away, you feel as lonely as astronauts during atmospheric re-entry black-out !:confused:
Since two days my tablet is super dead, so I gonna buy another one and download the latest android firmware on it.
Perhaps it will drive me to issues ? What do you think ?
Invida k1 shield isn’t a bad tablet. It’s made for gaming so the graphics in it are quick enough to keep up with the dji. There was one for sale in the classified section on here. Not sure if it’s still there.

Most of the Samsung tablets are not quick enough in the video graphics department to run as a screen. They can be used tho. Just drop the image transmission rate down to 6 mbps. I use a tab A 8 from Samsung and it does well as a backup as long as I run it at 6 mbps. Any faster than that and the image is real choppy.

Most of the Samsung tablets are not quick enough in the video graphics department to run as a screen. They can be used tho. Just drop the image transmission rate down to 6 mbps. I use a tab A 8 from Samsung and it does well as a backup as long as I run it at 6 mbps. Any faster than that and the image is real choppy.
Thank you for the advice about the Image Transmission Code Rate, I didn't use and set this feature because I wasn't sure about what is use for.
You said that the last aircraft firmware works fine with android, so what's happend when the tablet isn't connected to the internet (wifi switch off or no network) ? Nothing about restrictions ?
I'm sorry to insist about this but I'm a quite afraid by this kind of restrictions issue if it's occur during a job !!

The restrictions do not have anything to do with being connected to the internet. It doesn’t matter if you are or are not connected to the internet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hubnetix