Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Be sure you check the end date of your warranty. It must be in their hands before the warranty end date or they will not honor it. I had a bad experience with that issue. I bought their one year insurance policy for the I1v2 and had a crash. Called them and got authorization to send in for repair two weeks before end date. Said it was covered. They took a long time sending me the return box and only paid for ground shipping. It took a week to ship it from Maine to California. They got it Friday and did not inspect it till Monday, two days past end date. Charged me $550 for repair because it was not in their shop by end date. Turnaround was pretty fast after they got my check. Like new. Lesson: “they must have it in their hands by end date to honor warranty.” Best to you, Gordie
thats pretty shitty business sense on their part. im lucky enough to be like 60-70 miles from the Cali repair center. although i try to fix it myself if i can

Make sure your props are balanced as well. One of your props could very well have been dinged by flying debris when landing or something, throwing it out of balance. Props out of balance is probably the number one cause of vibration, which could lead to bad video as well as other parts failing (like motor screws coming loose).

The other thing you can do is get the bird up at eye level and look at the tips of each of your props 'edge-on' and see if the props are tracking properly. If they aren't each blade will be on a separate path and it will look like there are 2 props spinning.

Reactions: Mixchief
By any chance did this problem manifest itself after a firmware update?

When I bought me X5, after installing the update for the camera on my I1v2 it developed a terrible vibration. After a week of screwing around someone on a Facebook page suggested adjusting the gains on the bird. Believe it or not, that's what it was. I think I dropped the vertical gain down to 70% and fixed the problem

No it didn’t happen after an update, I’d flown a few times since the last one without issue, like I mentioned this started suddenly and out of the blue, I’m still going to sit and watch every clip since my trip to see if it developed slowly over time, or if I even had any jello in the previous clips, but I flew 5 batteries worth without issue before, however, yours is a good tip and I will look to see where my gains are, that possibly could have magically changed, stranger things have happened with DJI GO. Thank you. First I have to test after tightening the motor mounts to see if there was a loose motor as I seem to have found, but it’s been impossible to fly, specially today with 33 mph winds, pretty impossible to test out a micro vibration and get usable results.

I'll take your money ....... I mean the loose motor LOL Just wish I could get this bird up in the air man, 30 mph winds are doing me no good, you should hear it blowing it's like a horror movie

OK guys, couldn't wait any longer so I went out in the wind behind the protection of my building (my in the sense I live in it not own it) which provided enough protection to allow me to fly and test my issue. Good news the bird flew pretty well except for gusts screwing with its composure looked carefully at the props and found them to be very steady. Now two thing happened since my jello issue during my trip, I tightened the motors and I am using "normal" props, meaning low altitude, Jello is gone but I think wind gusts were making the gimbal jumpy at times but the effect was jumpy, not jello giving me the impression my issue is solved. That said, very suddenly during the last battery pretty much when I started getting lo battery warning the image transmission went to crap, scanning, green screen, all those thing we hate to see and well being last battery I have not been able to check out the issue. All levels look full 5 bars sats, HD and RCand at maybe 5 meters distance, Just so freaking annoying this DJI stuff.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondZogue