Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Master controller 'disconnects' in flight

Reaction score
I have a new Two-controller Inspire which has flown well but for one important issue. I am using iOS App 0.92 beta. When flying with only the master controller, the controller 'disconnects' from the craft at random irrespective of the distance from the craft.

The connection indicator remains green. Flight controls remain fine but all telemetry and video data disappears. The craft does not RTH and remains stable or in flight as instructed. Interference from other 2.4GHz transmitters can safely be ruled out. I have flown to 600m away without issues of loss of control (but loss of video). The loss of transmission does not cut out video recording as with another user who posted about a fault.

Sometimes, the link re-establishes spontaneously, sometimes, when I go to the 'transmitter' icon, I find the mode switched to 'off'. After re-engaging 'Master' mode, the link comes back after about 10s. I have searched this forum and others and have not found others with this problem so I wonder if I have a faulty electronics package or if there is some setting I've not entered correctly.

I have P2s with Lightbridges and they work fine. I've been flying for some time. Any advice Tahoe Ed in particular?

Problem solved by linking the slave RC Controller turning it into Master and then the other Controller was flipped to being a slave. I'm still not sure what happened but I'm quite sure someone else with a dual RC set up will face this

Thx for the heads-up.
Correction: the original problem hasn't gone away, When serving as a slave the same thing happens with video and telemetry going blank periodically (control remains intact) suggesting that some 'LightBridge' like digital video component is failing in that RC. I have contacted DJI and am negotiating a replacement transmitter.

Correction: the original problem hasn't gone away, When serving as a slave the same thing happens with video and telemetry going blank periodically (control remains intact) suggesting that some 'LightBridge' like digital video component is failing in that RC. I have contacted DJI and am negotiating a replacement transmitter.

I had the same problem with ONE of my controllers, it was the master that would loose all video to my IPAD (IOS APP) and all Telemetry data but the slave was A-OK.. This issue on the master would occur between 5 to 10 Minutes into the flight. The only way to get it all back was to power off the controller and back on. As part of my debug, i swapped the slave as the master and all is fine. So send my defective master back to UAS1 the DJI distributor I purchased the Inspire 1 Dual controllers from. NOTE: i am told replacement controller will take two weeks.

:)

I had the same problem with ONE of my controllers, it was the master that would loose all video to my IPAD (IOS APP) and all Telemetry data but the slave was A-OK.. This issue on the master would occur between 5 to 10 Minutes into the flight. The only way to get it all back was to power off the controller and back on. As part of my debug, i swapped the slave as the master and all is fine. So send my defective master back to UAS1 the DJI distributor I purchased the Inspire 1 Dual controllers from. NOTE: i am told replacement controller will take two weeks.

:)
Thanks Steve, DJI is presently 'investigating' and your post will help accelerate the return process. It sounds as if we had the same problem.

Thanks all for chiming in. There might be a QC issue with a few remote controllers; either that or there is some parameter setting (tolerance of video carrier signal degradation or some dynamically adjusting transmission bandwidth algo) that might be addressable through a firmware upgrade; see my cross post in another forum and other replies: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=6230&page=1#pid43347

Hi I just took my Inspire 1 here in Boston at 23 deg F and flew for 17 min and recorded the video at the same time, bandwidth setting on auto and for max distance as i did with the other remote controller that was loosing the down link from the Inspire 1.

Now using the salve as the master, NO ISSUES! Works like a dream!

So your correct in your thinking, quality issue with the hardware and or a firmware tweak is needed. In any event, I sent my controller back for a NEW one. I don't want it repaired, just want a new one. Then we try it all over again.

So it's looking good now, Inspire is flying well. Still need to make is more stable in the wind but it's OK for now.

Tried to Controller RTH and the GPS in the controller seems to work! Did you try this feature? It's pretty cool.

Still have not tried the auto takeoff or RTH botton on the controller. Wanted to make sure that all the bugs are flushed out on the IMM and Compass before i allow the controller to take off and RTH by it's self. I have used the Simulator and that set of features do work. But putting it all to the test outside and another test.

Also, I have been flying indoors, that all works fine! The indoor sensors work very nicely and very stable and outside in the snowy driveway under 9 feet, work nicely too.

So with that, it's all I can report for today... I am feeling better about my Inspire 1 purchase but the Phantom 2 and V2 are still #1 in my book! Only time will tell this Summer once i really get our doors and put Mr. Inspire 1 to the test!

Best regards,
Steve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop