Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Matrice 600 Pro - Lightbridge 2 Firmware update v1.1.81

Reaction score
Website
goldenskybirds.com
Have you guys updated to this version of the firmware? Does anyone know if there are any other improvements or some untold restrictions than the listet below?

EDIT:
I accidently have posted the latest aircraft update, actually it's Lightbridge2 update, the aircraft firmware stays the same. I've found the correct
PDF:

Overview

• Date: 2019.11.20
  • Air System: v1.1.81
  • Ground System: v1.2.52
  • DGI GO App: iOS v3.1.59, Android v3.1.59
  • DJI Assistant 2: V1.2.4
What’s New?
  • Fixed occasional issue: when the Ground System is disconnected with the Air System, they cannot reconnect to each other automatically.
  • Fixed rare issue: the master and slave Ground System disconnected from each other.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: SanCap
Have you guys updated to this version of the firmware? Does anyone know if there are any other improvements or some untold restrictions than the listet below?

EDIT:
I accidently have posted the latest aircraft update, actually it's Lightbridge2 update, the aircraft firmware stays the same. I've found the correct
PDF:

Overview

• Date: 2019.11.20
  • Air System: v1.1.81
  • Ground System: v1.2.52
  • DGI GO App: iOS v3.1.59, Android v3.1.59
  • DJI Assistant 2: V1.2.4
What’s New?
  • Fixed occasional issue: when the Ground System is disconnected with the Air System, they cannot reconnect to each other automatically.
  • Fixed rare issue: the master and slave Ground System disconnected from each other.
Thanks!

I never update firmware (including Lightbridge) unless I have to for many reasons.

1) DJI release notes are notoriously incomplete. They tell you all the phun "improvements" without mentioning the new restrictions. For example, Inspire 1, FW v1.10.xx dramatically throttled back Lightbridge transmission wattage. To this day you'll find no mention of this anywhere in the DJI nomenclature. You won't even be able to find a DJI employee to admit it. But I thoroughly tested FW v1.09.xx vs. v1.10.xx and the difference in video reception is PROFOUND.

2) You never want to be a beta tester for someone's firmware.

3) "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." This mantra has served me VERY well in the drone business.

4) DJI offers no exit strategy. So if you discover that adding a "feature" has broken something else, DJI generally does not offer a way to go back to the previous firmware. I've seen SOME exceptions via the Assistant 2 software. The problem is it may take weeks or months to flush out the new bug. By then, the option to go back may be gone.

5) DJI offers zero support regarding rolling back firmware. Their support lemmings are absolutely clueless in this regard.

The good news is you CAN roll back firmware, but it takes a ton of diligence and some pretty good hacking skills. When I was servicing M600 Pro's for a military contractor (before the DJI ban), I made sure to hang on to old firmwares...

1580482901934.png

...and very specifically told them that updating their firmware voided their support warranty. I've dealt with DJI enough to know the slippery slope of new FW.

Bottom line: Does your M600 fly well? Then don't mess with it. Lock it down AND lock down the DJI Go 4 App. I stopped updating the software years ago @ v4.0.8. I've done this with ALL my DJI drones and ALL their software, include the Go App and GS Pro. Years later this is STILL one of the best decisions I ever made. Zero regrets. ALL my drones fly reliably and without a hitch, which includes my Inspire 1, my partner's Inspire 1's, my P4P, my partner's P4P's, my Mavic Pro and my partner's M600 Pro. Any drone can be flown in any location at any time without a hitch. No restrictions.

Good luck!

D

Last edited:
Reactions: niki
I never update firmware (including Lightbridge) unless I have to for many reasons.

1) DJI release notes are notoriously incomplete. They tell you all the phun "improvements" without mentioning the new restrictions. For example, Inspire 1, FW v1.10.xx dramatically throttled back Lightbridge transmission wattage. To this day you'll find no mention of this anywhere in the DJI nomenclature. You won't even be able to find a DJI employee to admit it. But I thoroughly tested FW v1.09.xx vs. v1.10.xx and the difference in video reception is PROFOUND.

3) "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." This mantra has served me VERY well in the drone business.

4) DJI offers no exit strategy. So if you discover that adding a "feature" has broken something else, DJI generally does not offer a way to go back to the previous firmware. I've seen SOME exceptions via the Assistant 2 software. The problem is it may take weeks or months to flush out the new bug. By then, the option to go back may be gone.

5) DJI offers zero support regarding rolling back firmware. Their support lemmings are absolutely clueless in this regard.

The good news is you CAN roll back firmware, but it takes a ton of diligence and some pretty good hacking skills. When I was servicing M600 Pro's for a military contractor (before the DJI ban), I made sure to hang on to old firmwares...

View attachment 27949

...and very specifically told them that updating their firmware voided their support warranty. I've dealt with DJI enough to know the slippery slope of new FW.

Bottom line: Does your M600 fly well? Then don't mess with it. Lock it down AND lock down the DJI Go 4 App. I stopped updating the software years ago @ v4.0.8. I've done this with ALL my DJI drones and ALL their software, include the Go App and GS Pro. Years later this is STILL one of the best decisions I ever made. Zero regrets. ALL my drones fly reliably and without a hitch, which includes my Inspire 1, my partner's Inspire 1's, my P4P, my partner's P4P's, my Mavic Pro and my partner's M600 Pro. Any drone can be flown in any location at any time without a hitch. No restrictions.

Good luck!

D
I agree with you. Mine flies well and there are no issues like the described in the fw update. Just wondering if someone have updated to this version it will be nice to share his thoughts here.

I agree with you. Mine flies well and there are no issues like the described in the fw update. Just wondering if someone have updated to this version it will be nice to share his thoughts here.

While this plan looks good on paper, remember that the M600 Pro is not an "everyday driver" for most drone pilots. So while they may say, "Installed it last week...flew a few times...everything seems okay," your particular flying situation may differ.

A best practice would be, If there's a carrot in the new update (like a new feature you think might be useful), then consider the update. But wait AT LEAST a few months before installing it. Personally, I would wait a year. It honestly takes quite a while before you start seeing complaints in the forums. If there is no carrot, then I wouldn't even consider it. If they claimed to have "fixed bugs" you have never seen, then again, I wouldn't even consider the update. As I stated earlier, I stopped FW updates in 2016 for some birds and 2017 for other birds and couldn't be happier about it. And I fly multiple times a week. Just last week alone I had a mapping gig, a construction progress gig and three traffic analysis gigs. Both my Inspire 1 and P4P worked flawlessly, as they always have and always will. But once you start changing stuff, all that reliability goes down the drain.

Good luck.

D

View attachment 27949

Good luck!

D
Is it possible to roll back the firmware to this version?? If so can you point ne in the right direction? Thanks!

I'm trying to make my m600 pro capable of flying in NFZ without issues.. I have tried a couple sites that claim they do it bit can not get a response

I'm trying to make my m600 pro capable of flying in NFZ without issues.. I have tried a couple sites that claim they do it bit can not get a response
Copy that. Though I have flown and set up a few M600 Pros, I don't actually own one. So I'm not really an expert on that platform. Unfortunately, there are not a lot of M600 owner/operators out there, so there's not a lot of hacking going on in that community. You may have to blaze the trail.

I wish I had more for ya.

Good luck.

D

I'm on the latest available firmware and when I check the firmware in DJI Assistance there is a button for downgrade of the firmware, I haven't pressed it as I don't need downgrade but you may try that. Also I remember that there are a few versions of DJI Assistant for M600, maybe some of the older ones will be the ones that can be tweaked (something like they did on mavic pro)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters