Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Mavericks CA Huge Surf Video - Inspire 1 4K

Reaction score
Website
www.phillima.com
Here is my latest video filmed entirely with the Inspire 1. It was a challenge to shoot as the break was a half mile from shore and I had a 15-30mph offshore breeze to fight. I spent two mornings shooting, 3 batteries each. I had to leave my house a little after 5am to make it up there in time, but it ended up being totally worth it. This kind of shoot would of been impossible with any of my phantom kits. Let me know what you think and be sure to watch it full screen and in 4K if you have a UHD display.

Enjoy!

Great video! I love how the Inspire is effortlessly able to keep up with the surfers. I always wondered what the Maverick's break looked like -- thanks for posting!

Lovely! I've a question regarding lens distortion... have you done any correction to these images? Towards the end of the clip the sea-horizon has a moustache... is this in the lens, or after post-processing?
Really nice viewpoints. I especially liked the title 'Mavericks' coming in so neatly on the horizon..
-Liam

Lovely! I've a question regarding lens distortion... have you done any correction to these images? Towards the end of the clip the sea-horizon has a moustache... is this in the lens, or after post-processing?
Really nice viewpoints. I especially liked the title 'Mavericks' coming in so neatly on the horizon..
-Liam
Thank you. I did some color correction on the video, but nothing past that. That wave on the horizon is a "feature" of the Inspire lens unfortunately. Most of the time you don't notice it, but under the right conditions it can show itself.

Nice!!! Particularly loved the buttery smooth sped up shots!! Do that with a phantom and you'll see all kinds of little bounces!!
Single control or dual?

Nice!!! Particularly loved the buttery smooth sped up shots!! Do that with a phantom and you'll see all kinds of little bounces!!
Single control or dual?
Thanks! Totally agree, I shot with a P2/Zenmuse a lot before getting this and there is no comparison.

I have the dual setup, but this was shot single operator, except for the two shots going by the rock formations. My wife came with me on the second day, so we setup the second TX and messed around with that a bit :)

Reactions: DjiQuadzilla
Excellent! That was pretty far out over the water, but definitely worth the awesome footage.

Thanks guys :) It was a bit nerve wracking sending it out that far... But really it's the same as flying it anywhere, if it crashes you're likely not ever going to get it flying again...

Great videos. After seeing some of your creations, my wife actually encouraged me to buy the Inspire. One quick question. Where do you get your music?

Great videos. After seeing some of your creations, my wife actually encouraged me to buy the Inspire. One quick question. Where do you get your music?
Thanks! You married a good one! :) My wife enjoys what I do with the copters as well and comes on a lot of my shoots.

I got the music for this one from premiumbeat.com. They have some pretty good tunes and aren't that expensive($40 or so).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions