Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Max distance and elevation locked following update?

Reaction score
I just had my Inspire 2 in for a vibration absorption board replacement and all firmware updates. Today was the first time I've been able to fly since the service, and now my max distance is locked at 160 feet (regardless of what value is entered in the Enable Max Distance box, or whether the Enable Max Distance is enabled or not. Same with Set Max Altitude. No matter what value I enter (and I do get the 'agree-refuse' dialogue box) it will not climb above 96 feet. I've double checked all the firmware and everything is up to date. I did get a brief dialog when I first connected my iPad to the controller that there was an update to the do not fly list, but I ignored that for now. That warning has not reappeared no matter how many times I restart the app.
Anyone have any suggestions? I have a shoot beginning Monday, and will be unable to complete it with these limitations.

I have not. Did not know this was needed? Do I need to do it via the iPad I'm using w/ the app?

Yes, usually that will fix any flight restrictions. Once you've done that on the app it should be ok without internet until the next update

Okay..... well not only did that not work but now I've lost almost all control of the right stick and getting an IMU calibration warning

I just had my Inspire 2 in for a vibration absorption board replacement and all firmware updates. Today was the first time I've been able to fly since the service, and now my max distance is locked at 160 feet (regardless of what value is entered in the Enable Max Distance box, or whether the Enable Max Distance is enabled or not. Same with Set Max Altitude. No matter what value I enter (and I do get the 'agree-refuse' dialogue box) it will not climb above 96 feet. I've double checked all the firmware and everything is up to date. I did get a brief dialog when I first connected my iPad to the controller that there was an update to the do not fly list, but I ignored that for now. That warning has not reappeared no matter how many times I restart the app.
Anyone have any suggestions? I have a shoot beginning Monday, and will be unable to complete it with these limitations.
DJI firmware 30m restriction.. Are they fixing it?
Max distance allowed issue
Inspire 1 max distance and max altitude acting weird

Anyone? I had this complete service done at Advexure a few weeks ago and was really happy with the service. But I never got a chance to check it until now, which naturally is just three days before a shoot where I desperately need it. And it's a weekend. And no one is at Advexure who can help at the moment.......

Log out of your Dji account in Dji Go. Delete the app from your tablet, then shut down and restart your tablet. Then reconnect to the appropriate App Store and redownload Dji Go 4. Now sign back in to your Dji account in Dji Go 4. Then go back to go fly screen, go into the flight screen (without starting the I2 and calibrate your sticks via the RC settings page. Exit the flight screen, thenstart the I2 and enter the flight screen again. now check all your settings are correct (Dji Go will most likely have a completely random set configured.).

If it still asks for an IMU calibration, then go do it. Once done, check the IMU values are all green, if so, then you should be good to go. Might be worth checking your compass values too, but if they show ok, then leave them alone this weekend (lots of geomagnetic disturbance with sunspots at the minute).

Hopefully that lot will sort you :)

Anyone? I had this complete service done at Advexure a few weeks ago and was really happy with the service. But I never got a chance to check it until now, which naturally is just three days before a shoot where I desperately need it. And it's a weekend. And no one is at Advexure who can help at the moment.......
Have you read the threads I linked to above?
Since this is an issue that has been covered before, you should find workarounds in them.

I did go through these (thanks), and there were some other issues coming up that were not part of what was in the links above (like the calibration issue) but I did get a callback from Advexure and we tried updating all the firmware again, running the DJI Assistant, and recalibrating. While we did get most of the calibration issues sorted out, the distance and elevation restrictions remain. I'll try completely deleting the app and reinstalling it.... that's about the only other workaround not tried yet. Very frustrating!! Now the weather is too bad to try to fly again, but I can at least try to reinstall the app

Log out of your Dji account in Dji Go. Delete the app from your tablet, then shut down and restart your tablet. Then reconnect to the appropriate App Store and redownload Dji Go 4. Now sign back in to your Dji account in Dji Go 4. Then go back to go fly screen, go into the flight screen (without starting the I2 and calibrate your sticks via the RC settings page. Exit the flight screen, thenstart the I2 and enter the flight screen again. now check all your settings are correct (Dji Go will most likely have a completely random set configured.).

If it still asks for an IMU calibration, then go do it. Once done, check the IMU values are all green, if so, then you should be good to go. Might be worth checking your compass values too, but if they show ok, then leave them alone this weekend (lots of geomagnetic disturbance with sunspots at the minute).

Hopefully that lot will sort you :)
Thanks for the advice, Nick
I will give this a try, but have read elsewhere in the forum that for a lot of people this didn't work. I'm assuming this must be a result of the firmware update that was done recently when I had it serviced? Seems like the case from what I've read. But I've also seen that it may be tablet-specific, and I'm wondering if maybe trying a different device will work? I am using an iPad Pro, but I have a CS (the small one) for my Osmo, and I was thinking of trying that to see if there is a difference.... I have no mount though, and for some inexplicable reason, DJI thought it was a good idea to drop the over exposure indicator from the CS, so I'd have no exposure guide which is kind of a deal breaker for me. It's hard enough on the Osmo w/o exposure warning, but I don't want to deal with that on the Inspire.

One other thing to check for is the version of dji Go4 vs the firmware version. if you're on I2 firmware after 01.0.0330 then you need to be using a version of Go4 that's fairly recent - 4.1.5 onwards is working OK for me. If using 01.0.0330 or less, then a version of Go4 less than 4.1.5 may be needed.

At the moment, I'm using latest firmware (01.01.0010) with Go4 V4.1.5 and haven't had any issues. Looking at my logs, V01.0.0330 was flying fine with Go4 V4.1.2

(They're all iOS Go4 versions BTW.)

BTW, when you delete the app, make sure you shut down and restart the iPad - by that i mean a full power down (long press + slide to turn off), not just a press of the power button to sleep/wake it. Also, make sure you download the app directly from the app store, not from iTunes.

Thanks! I'm in the process of trying this now. I'll update tomorrow when I get a chance to fly again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palakkhanna1