Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Max flight altitude inspire1

I am only too happy not to provide free legal guidance to ungrateful members. Thank you for voicing your appreciation.

What you are wholly ignorant about is when you break the rules, you take risks for people other than yourself. But, judging from your selfish demeanor, you don't really care about the well-being or safety of others---cyber bullying is your top priority. Face to face I'm certain you're afraid of you're own shadow. We live in a society of laws. If you consider it parenting, it sucks to be you when you face charges. Hope your Mommy is still there for you by then.

Sorry, members, just don't understand why there have to be verbally violent members like this. This member is telling us he has the wherewithal to be mature enough and responsible enough, yet he writes an uncalled for mean post like this. Why? It is juveniles like this I would fear most in this hobby. The know-it-alls that have no respect for others. I've done nothing to this guy to warrant so immature a response. Just tried to provide some FREE legal guidance. Guess anybody can own and fly a dangerous quad. Trust me, it is going to be self-righteous members like this one who are going to put the legal screws to this hobby. Enough said. I will never voice another "parenting" voice on this site. It's one thing not to get paid for your legal services; its a while other thing to have to take **** for it.
I appreciate your legal advice and I am generally concerned about causing injury to people. .I'm definitely not a know it all ,others have that covered on here..

Reactions: ems1016
I also appreciate hearing all points of view and thank you, ems, for sharing it. I have not meant any offense to you or anyone else. We all have different risk tolerances, I guess. We need to share them between us to be sure we find that middle ground.

Please stay and have fun. We need you and everyone's voice!:D

I am only too happy not to provide free legal guidance to ungrateful members. Thank you for voicing your appreciation.

What you are wholly ignorant about is when you break the rules, you take risks for people other than yourself. But, judging from your selfish demeanor, you don't really care about the well-being or safety of others---cyber bullying seems your top priority. Face to face I'm certain you're afraid of your own shadow. We live in a society of laws. If you consider it parenting, it sucks to be you when you face charges. Hope your Mommy is still there for you by then. Not everybody has your superhero skills or "uncommon sense," so these people need laws to guide them.

Sorry, fellow members, just don't understand why there have to be verbally violent members like this and a bunch of others that support such an ingrate. This member is telling us he has the wherewithal to be mature enough and responsible enough, yet he writes an uncalled for mean post like this. Why? It is juveniles like this I would fear most in this hobby. The know-it-alls that have no respect for others. I've done nothing to this guy to warrant so immature a response. Just tried to provide some FREE legal guidance. Guess anybody can own and fly a dangerous quad. Trust me, it is going to be self-righteous members like this one who are going to put the legal screws to this hobby. Enough said. I will never voice another "parenting" voice on this site. It's one thing not to get paid for your legal services; its a whole other thing to have to take **** for it.
i didn't notice that the creator of this thread was asking for free legal advice. I must have misread the first post.

My point was that people like you are derailing the thread, and it happens to every single thread discussing the boundaries of our machines.

I suggest you create a "Free legal advice" thread for law obeying citizens like yourself, so you can do your parenting in there and us criminals can keep discussing ways to increase our chances to go to jail.

i didn't notice that the creator of this thread was asking for free legal advice. I must have misread the first post.

My point was that people like you are derailing the thread, and it happens to every single thread discussing the boundaries of our machines.

I suggest you create a "Free legal advice" thread for law obeying citizens like yourself, so you can do your parenting in there and us criminals can keep discussing ways to increase our chances to go to jail.
I feel the same way and am afraid to talk about pushing the limits even though I think this can be done responsibly. .

Reactions: Peet05
Knowingly and blatantly going against the FAA and the regulations will result in only more regulations. There won't be any distinction between the actions of a few and the actions of the many. If one person decides to push it, it may cause the death of permitted general use of UAS systems. That is the facts. It doesn't matter how you feel about the FAA, your piloting skills, or the advancements made. FAA owns the area you want to operate, and how EVERYONE conducts themselves there will determine the FAAs response.

So yes, blatantly seeking to break those regulations is going to get you ire from the community, and it should.

Knowingly and blatantly going against the FAA and the regulations will result in only more regulations. There won't be any distinction between the actions of a few and the actions of the many. If one person decides to push it, it may cause the death of permitted general use of UAS systems. That is the facts. It doesn't matter how you feel about the FAA, your piloting skills, or the advancements made. FAA owns the area you want to operate, and how EVERYONE conducts themselves there will determine the FAAs response.

So yes, blatantly seeking to break those regulations is going to get you ire from the community, and it should.
Since learning what those guild lines are I have adhered to them..I know the FAA owns the airspace. .I'm getting tired of hearing about it every post i read..to say it's people like me that will ruin it for everyone else is just malarkey. ..

my comment wasn't Directed towards you, or anyone in particular. I genuinely just want to educate and ensure that our passion gets the chance to grow into the amazing thing it is and can be. I'm not out to "get" anyone. I hope no one feels that I'm attacking them, just the mindset.

my comment wasn't Directed towards you, or anyone in particular. I genuinely just want to educate and ensure that our passion gets the chance to grow into the amazing thing it is and can be. I'm not out to "get" anyone. I hope no one feels that I'm attacking them, just the mindset.
I kind of felt that way ..so thanks for clearing that up...

Everyone needs to stop taking the advice of those who know about the FAA's rules and enforcement of those rules so personally. It's not about you - it's about all of us. That includes the people (sometimes me, and presumably you, too) who are actually up there in the air along with the myriad drones operated by God-knows-who. Settle down, and let's approach this professionally, even if you're just a hobbyist.

I'm not calling anyone a tool, I don't think anyone here is. We all want the same thing, you don't think I want to be able to fly at 1000 agl if the mission calls for it, or pilot out a good distance? I want to see UASs reach their full potential. What we are saying, because we have the experience and have dealt with the FAA and all the regulations is that there is a way to do it.

If you want to be able to fly like that, if you want to operate commercially, if you want a bright future then there is a way to obtain it. First thing is to show the FAA that you respect them as a regulatory authority, that you don't pose an unnecessary risk because you are willing to operate under regulations. If you won't follow the rules already in place then what sense does it make for them to open more operational freedom to you? Seriously, you think that they are going to determine that loosening the reigns on you is the answer when you haven't shown them that you're willing to follow the guidance in place?

We are trying to assist you in getting what you want and all that you have to say is rules are stupid so I'm not following them if they don't suit me. All this will ensure is that the FAA will make you get a certificate so you have something to lose when you don't follow the regs. Then you'll have check rides and tests and medicals to look forward to before you can even turn it on regardless of the reason.
I don't remember anyone saying rules are stupid so I'm not following them..

In my opinion the FAA is going to do whatever they're told from the higher ups regardless of what people do and will use whatever scenario that supports whatever law they want to put into place..

Last edited:
I have a question. I am hoping someone on the forum would have experienced the situation that I may be in when my I1 arrives. I live on a Hill Farm in the Scottish Borders. Say I take of from the highest hill on the Farm. 2900ft above sea level. The Farm house is at 1200ft. With the inspire 1, I am assuming that I have 500m altitude limit from where I have taken off. Am I restricted to how low I can fly from the top of the hill to the bottom of the valley. Which would be 1700ft below me. Sorry if I have chosen the wrong place to ask this question.

I have a question. I am hoping someone on the forum would have experienced the situation that I may be in when my I1 arrives. I live on a Hill Farm in the Scottish Borders. Say I take of from the highest hill on the Farm. 2900ft above sea level. The Farm house is at 1200ft. With the inspire 1, I am assuming that I have 500m altitude limit from where I have taken off. Am I restricted to how low I can fly from the top of the hill to the bottom of the valley. Which would be 1700ft below me. Sorry if I have chosen the wrong place to ask this question.
You are correct in that the Inspire will allow you to go to 500m from your take off point (which it takes as zero).
There is no restriction on going negative height relative to your take off position but obviously as you are in the UK you are legally limited to 400ft above ground level under the Air Navigation Order.

Thank you for clearing that up for me.
It was the negative height part that I was interested in, not gaining 500m height at the top of the Hill.
If I can get to the top of the hill, it will allow me to view a large area on top and in the valleys below, for Sheep that are dead. Takes about 4 hours to drive around the Farm checking all the likely places where the sheep can be found dead. Normally they will go lie in a sheltered hard to get at area, before expiring.

Thank you for clearing that up for me.
It was the negative height part that I was interested in, not gaining 500m height at the top of the Hill.
If I can get to the top of the hill, it will allow me to view a large area on top and in the valleys below, for Sheep that are dead. Takes about 4 hours to drive around the Farm checking all the likely places where the sheep can be found dead. Normally they will go lie in a sheltered hard to get at area, before expiring.
Yes you can fly negative , I did several times. It wasn't much , but it flew below my position. I can't recall how altimeter was counting ( if there was - in front of the nomber ). As far it goes hight limit it counts AGL (above ground level) ,that means if you are standing on the hill you can go 400 ft above that hill.

I think that this is a valid question. I live in Switzerland at 1650m and the mountains around me are 4000+m... 500m altitude is not getting me very far.

From what i have read i don't think people here want to break laws but more are unhappy with the restrictions on the machines. as Zarick says above I have in a similar situation flown well above 120m AGL (in AUS under CASA rules) from the home point going up the side of a mountain. A lot of people travel with the gear too where restrictions are different. I too agree that whenever someone in a forum talks of pushing any envelopes or feeling restricted someone else steps in and says how wrong it is and that gets very old. we know the rules.
has anyone flown from a chairlift?

has anyone flown from a chairlift?[/QUOTE
Yes I did last summer.It was on request of the company who did own it.They wanted several views from the cable response when chair was passing the poles and they wanted a footage for some commercial activities.

Reactions: Peet05

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zaruripapers