Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

MC Connection to Center Board Failed

Reaction score
Just went to upgrade software and in the Status menu it states to try to plug the 8 pin line between damping plate and aircraft.

I'm clueless...Any help would be appreciated.

Same happened to us!

Did your gimbal go limp?

POSSIBLE FIX:
I decided to put the 1.02.00.17.bin firmware back on the card and let the Inspire upgrade with that.

It straightened the Gimbal out and the error went away.
Still has 15 minutes to upgrade/reset to the 1.02.00.17.bin firmware, then I'll retry the new 1.02.01.00.bin

Hi:
I also have this error at power dji inspire to update the new firmware 1.2.1.0.
"MC connection to center board failed"
Solution: Please restart aircraft, if it still fails, please contact customer service.

Gimbal cannot receive MC data
Solution: try to plug the 8 pin line between damping plate and aircraft, check if the pins of 8 pin line is loose. If it still fails, please contact customer service.

And I can not find how to fix this error.
Anyone know how to fix this error?

Try and setup the .17 firmware on it and wait 15-20 minutes. Then try and get the normal .20 firmware. Worked for me.

From the looks of that forum post it sounds like he fixed it by turning off his RC and then either rebooting or reinstalling firmware.

Just went to upgrade software and in the Status menu it states to try to plug the 8 pin line between damping plate and aircraft.

I'm clueless...Any help would be appreciated.

Hello,

I just got off the phone with DJI Support because my Inspire was doing the same exact thing that others have witnessed. I have tried the solution people have mentioned and it is not working for me. DJI explained that they are working on this issue and will get in contact with me shortly with a solution. I will keep everyone updated because this is really frustrating.

Try and setup the .17 firmware on it and wait 15-20 minutes. Then try and get the normal .20 firmware. Worked for me.

I just got it fixed thanks to you. I updated the firmware again and waited a half hour. All the warnings went away and it started up fine.

Thanks again.

D

Reactions: lrh111
Same happened to us!

Did your gimbal go limp?

POSSIBLE FIX:
I decided to put the 1.02.00.17.bin firmware back on the card and let the Inspire upgrade with that.

It straightened the Gimbal out and the error went away.
Still has 15 minutes to upgrade/reset to the 1.02.00.17.bin firmware, then I'll retry the new 1.02.01.00.bin

Maybe you know, were I can find the older firmware?

Had this same error. Costumer service said, that I need to try to renew firmware again. I did that. And now my Inspire 1 is bricked, i mean it only beeps, no LED light and no RC signal. Nothing at all. Any ideas?

I also had the "Gimbal cannot receive MC data" error after update to 01.02.01.02 / 01.02.01.03

It was fixed by recalibrating the compass.

I discovered this after a long email discussion with DJI support where they told me to try a newer firmware, format the SD card, send them log files, etc, which concluded with them asking me to ship my Inspire to a repair center, so they could have a look at it. Since this would have been a hassle, I first tried to hit all the buttons in the Pilot App, and discovered that calibrating the compass magically fixed the error.

I would be careful if I were you. That being fixed by calibrating the compass doesn't make much sense, so it could just be that a connection is failing inside, moving/tilting the bird while doing the calibration happened to temporarily restore the connection, and next time you fly it fails again but in the air... last thing you'd want.

I know it makes no sense, but it also does not make sense that a cable becomes disconnected because of a firmware update...

Anyway, I have done a successful test flight since, however, I still sometimes get the "Gimbal cannot receive MC data" when switching on the aircraft indoors, which may or may not be related to compass issues.
As far as I remember, this did not happen before the 01.02.01.03 update. To my knowledge, there is no way to downgrade the firmware, so I cannot verify that now...

From my experience it is not possible to downgrade the Inspire 1 software to a previous version - for example from 1.2.1.3 to 1.2.0.17. The installing software checks the version number of each subsystem's firmware. If it is a newer version it will attempt to upgrade, if it is older (a lower version number) it will do nothing. There is no published method to do a factory reset to a 'bare bones' state.

I mistakenly installed the SDK2 firmware 1.2.1.2 which has 2 files with much 'newer' version numbers which have caused me 3 issues (double length flight times, inability to manually select ATTI mode and introduced a 15m error in RTH). Neither of these files have been updated by the latest firmware releases (1.2.1.3 & 1.2.1.6). DJI has acknowledged the problems and I am waiting for a formal release that will fix the them. Due to these problems I had to loan an Inspire 1 to do my UK Flight Assessment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips