Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My 1st Flight tomorrow!

Reaction score
Hi all,

Well, going to take my inspire out for its 1st flight tomorrow;) weather permitting here in the UK..

I have a PV2 so the flying side should be very similar. So this is my what I've done so far..

Read the manual, front to back to front!;)
Upgraded inspire/controller/batteries with the latest firmware;)
Will be calibrating the compass today & setting my RTH height.;)
Played around with the pilot app, props off indoors so I've got a better understanding of how it works;)

So fingers crossed all should be good tomorrow. Is there anything else you guys/girls would recommend I do or is that it?

Hi all,

Well, going to take my inspire out for its 1st flight tomorrow;) weather permitting here in the UK..

I have a PV2 so the flying side should be very similar. So this is my what I've done so far..

Read the manual, front to back to front!;)
Upgraded inspire/controller/batteries with the latest firmware;)
Will be calibrating the compass today & setting my RTH height.;)
Played around with the pilot app, props off indoors so I've got a better understanding of how it works;)

So fingers crossed all should be good tomorrow. Is there anything else you guys/girls would recommend I do or is that it?
Hey Clampit. .
definitely use a screen recoding device like shou for ios and Mobizen for android. .
I have a nvidia shield that has a built in screen recording device ..
Also get a gps tracker and or a marco polo. ..
if you fly over or near water get ur self a couple of getter back rod recovery system. .
get two one for each side of the arms.
one up and one down so if one gets stuck while floating up, the other one will hopefully make it to the surface. .
good luck on your first flight !!
Turb...

Hey Clampit. .
definitely use a screen recoding device like shou for ios and Mobizen for android. .
I have a nvidia shield that has a built in screen recording device ..
Also get a gps tracker and or a marco polo. ..
if you fly over or near water get ur self a couple of getter back rod recovery system. .
get two one for each side of the arms.
one up and one down so if one gets stuck while floating up, the other one will hopefully make it to the surface. .
good luck on your first flight !!
Turb...
Thanks for the advice, 1st flight will defently not be over or near water;)

Will look into shou for me iPad & a tracker but my 1st flight will only be a 30 metre beginner flight;)

Thanks for the advice, 1st flight will defently not be over or near water;)

Will look into shou for me iPad & a tracker but my 1st flight will only be a 30 metre beginner flight;)
I don't know if you're planning on using beginner mode or not but I would recommend making sure you enable multiple flight mode in your app that is if it will let you in beginner mode..
that way if you have any issues flying in gps mode you can switch to atti mode to regain control if you get a bad compass calibration ..

I don't know if you're planning on using beginner mode or not but I would recommend making sure you enable multiple flight mode in your app that is if it will let you in beginner mode..
that way if you have any issues flying in gps mode you can switch to atti mode to regain control if you get a bad compass calibration ..

Good question, I'll look into that, if not I'll fly in normal mode.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Best of luck Clampit, from my experience this wknd fly in Altti mode unless your in a wide open space and can switch to it if needed.
:)
Glen

Reactions: Clampit
Thanks guys for your help/remarks & feedback for my 1st flight. Yep gonna be very nervous but looking forward to it at the same time.

I remember when I took my phantom out for the 1st time, say situation but never looked back;)

Reactions: flyersgirl
cheers Clampit.... I've been thinking of skipping the P3P and jumping to the I1.

loos like you are ~1 month ahead of me....

cheers Clampit.... I've been thinking of skipping the P3P and jumping to the I1.

loos like you are ~1 month ahead of me....
Hey NC;)

Another person I recognise;)
Would be great if you go down the inspire route, both newbies together.
Let me know what decision you make buddy;)

Hey NC;)

Another person I recognise;)
Would be great if you go down the inspire route, both newbies together.
Let me know what decision you make buddy;)

I'm going the same route as you it appears and look forward to your views of the differences.... I've gotten all I could out of the P2V+ with Iterate antenna, GPS antenna, motor wire changes... looking for a game changer - not a one step up. I'll PM ya Porky

Upgraded firmware? Did you calibrate IMU and RC? Sorry if this is obvious, but you don't say and I want to be helpful.

Be sure and find or provide a low-friction surface on which to set the craft while transitioning the gear from travel mode while in the field.

Upgraded firmware? Did you calibrate IMU and RC? Sorry if this is obvious, but you don't say and I want to be helpful.

Be sure and find or provide a low-friction surface on which to set the craft while transitioning the gear from travel mode while in the field.

That's what I needed;) yes to the RC, I upgraded the firmware on the inspire which also done the battery then I upgraded the RC, fitted my 2nd battery into the inspire & done that;)

But nope not done the IMU, I'll do that now;) thanks for that my friend.

I would set the failsafe to like 10m altitude..Then let it hover for 5min and see if nothing happens..if it is stable for 5min, then adjust your failsafe and go to normal flight..Like they say..most airplane crash happens after takeoff or landing :p.. This way if something happens it wont drop as high..

I'll be taking it very easy on me 1st flight even keeping it in beginner mode;)

Once I've got a few flights under my belt & fill more confident then I'll start using the other flight modes, I'd done this with PV2 & so far touch wood, no problems;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop