Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

My inspire experience - so far

That's fine if you just want to use the Go App. 3rd party apps use the SDK which evolves and more functionality is available through the latest iterations included in more recent firmware.

Not everyone uses the Inspire to take stills or video. Up-to-date SDK/firmware is needed for those doing mapping, 3D modelling and who generally want to use the increased functionality of these apps.

Hope this increases your understanding of why some of us upgrade more frequently than others.

That's fine if you just want to use the Go App. 3rd party apps use the SDK which evolves and more functionality is available through the latest iterations included in more recent firmware.

Not everyone uses the Inspire to take stills or video. Up-to-date SDK/firmware is needed for those doing mapping, 3D modelling and who generally want to use the increased functionality of these apps.

Hope this increases your understanding of why some of us upgrade more frequently than others.

I have to respectfully disagree. Apps that use the SDK - like DJI Ground Station app and Pix4D Capture app - work perfectly with the "dated" FW version. Other apps that do NOT use the SDK - like Autopilot - are just as happy with v1.08. I speak from profound real-world experience. I question where you got your information from.

I have to respectfully disagree. Apps that use the SDK - like DJI Ground Station app and Pix4D Capture app - work perfectly with the "dated" FW version. Other apps that do NOT use the SDK - like Autopilot - are just as happy with v1.08. I speak from profound real-world experience. I question where you got your information from.
Good to know. I can't remember which app it was but one of them complained when I was on 1.08, I upgraded and it worked...possibly MapPilot but to be honest I can't remember now. Also my Z3 did not work on 1.08. Real world experience too.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
Well, It finally arrived from DJI, and I didn't update the firmware. My new issue is the focus on the X5 doesn't seem as crisp as my phantom 3 pro and the gimbal drifts on its own. Anyone have a solution ?

Currently the firmware is:

App 3.1.10
Aircraft 1.9.1.30
Remote 1.6.0
Camera 1.9.1.10

App 3.1.10
Stop @ firmware 1.8. Problems solved and nothing in your future but rock solid reliability. NEVER update the FW ever again. Stay @ 1.8. I speak from great experience.

Here's your happy place:

App 3.1.5 (You can let this update all you wish)

Aircraft 1.8.1.00

Remote 1.6.0

Camera 1.8.1.00

Ignore all third party warnings, "Will only run on latest firmware."

You're welcome.

My replacement came in and the firmware is: The gimbal drifts and the focus is poor. (any idea how to get to the firmware you talked about ?)

App 3.1.10
Aircraft 1.9.1.30
Remote 1.6.0
Camera 1.9.1.10

With all due respect, I never understood the reasoning behind installing the latest firmware. Unless there is a PUBLISHED bug fix, don't be a beta tester! I stopped @ v1.8 and never looked back. I have 25+ hours on my Inspire 1, v2.0 and it has been rock solid. Not so much as a hiccup in 25+ hours of flight. Using cheapo range extenders, I get up 6,000' away before losing signal. Since all my gigs are < 4,000', reception is always rock solid.

If you read the release notes, v1.9 expands NFZ's, and then v1.10 removes closed airports. What DJI does NOT publish is a well-known reception issue with the latest FW update. So now they're going to release v1.11 to fix the shortcomings of v1.10....the proverbial "dog chasing his tail" scenario.

Look...DJI got it RIGHT with v1.8. Why screw around with anything else??? Good luck!

I gotta agree with Donnie here. I used to run firmware v1.8 and it was mint. Thing was fast, no random warnings, great range. I unfortunately crashed due to my own fault and had to pay DJI to repair it. They upgraded my firmware and now the bird is slower and I get more warnings. Would love to know if there is a way to downgrade to 1.8.

App 3.1.10

My replacement came in and the firmware is: The gimbal drifts and the focus is poor. (any idea how to get to the firmware you talked about ?)

App 3.1.10
Aircraft 1.9.1.30
Remote 1.6.0
Camera 1.9.1.10

Forgive me if you know your camera settings/photo/video but try a higher aperture and don't forget to do a lens calibration. Pull focus on objects at least 50M away as the Go app will tell you during the calibration mode. I don't own any other camera that requires a lens calibration but the X5 does. Start with -2,-2,-2 and Color profile DLOG. I think I'm currently at -3,-3,-2. A little extra thought is required but the X5 will reward you with superior footage. I'm a stickler for keeping my camera gimbal balanced during different lens configurations but I still get the slight drifting from time to time. Usually a slight drift left, I straighten it out with my figure to the screen. At least I used to. I've always upgraded my FW (without issues) since the beginning of inspires. Haven't had many gimbal drifts at all lately. But wish she flew without complaining all the time and as fast as she used too. Can't argue with 1.8 FW being the most solid... except maybe the drift issues. I will say that most FW install issues I've heard/seen, the issue was the RC was on. It shouldn't be ;-). Why am I still awake posting, I thought I learned that lesson. Anyways hope some of this info helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell