Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Firmware v1.3.0.00 Aug 4 2015

Help please. Downloading the Zip file V1.3 to a PC is fine. What program is required on the PC or what format to load the Bin file onto the SD card. My PC defaults to VLC media player which I believe is no good. What format do I need the bin file in and how do I achieve that? thank you.
Hi rowdy. .
extract the bin file from the zip file and drag n drop it to the sd card...

Help please. Downloading the Zip file V1.3 to a PC is fine. What program is required on the PC or what format to load the Bin file onto the SD card. My PC defaults to VLC media player which I believe is no good. What format do I need the bin file in and how do I achieve that? thank you.

When you extract the downloaded zip file it should create a folder names something like "Inspire_1_Firmwarev1.3.0.00_en" where you will go into and find the .bin named file. Copy that .bin file onto the root (i.e. if the sdcard in in a reader on your computer named H:\ you'll want to place the .bin file right there). Reinsert SD card into gimbal and follow normal update steps.

Good Luck
KnightOwl

Thanks, VLC turns out to be okay. I was not placing the file in the root directory apparently.

After the battery re-calibration for firmware update 1.3 one of my batteries shows message "Battery Cell Damaged". Also, one cell is 0.16 v lower than the others when fully charged.

I tried running it down and re-calibrating it a second time, but this didn't fix it. The battery was fine before the update. Anyone else seeing this?

I'm also noticing very short duration compass error messages (less than 1 second) since the upgrade. The aircraft if flying fine, and I did compass and IMU calibrations after the firmware update. Sensor readings are all good.

Last edited:
After the battery re-calibration for firmware update 1.3 one of my batterys shows message "Battery Cell Damaged". Also, one cell is 0.16 v lower than the others when fully charged.

I tried running it down and re-calibrating it a second time, but this didn't fix it. The battery was fine before the update. Anyone else seeing this?

I'm also noticing very short duration compass error messages (less than 1 second) since the upgrade. The aircraft if flying fine, and I did compass and IMU calibrations after the firmware update. Sensor readings are all good.
I'm running old firmware, haven't updated in months and I sometimes get a compass error for a second, compass disturbed I think. Figured it was due to not calibrating the compass for 4 months so I did a calibration and it still occurs occasionally and randomly. Hasn't lasted longer than a second or affected flight at all so I'm not too worried about it. Maybe interference due to solar activity related to the kpa rating or whatever I've seen people talking about

Reactions: huppe
Uh, I think it also says it failed 4 times after that ONE that you singled out.

As far as I can tell, a single controller I1 setup updates:
AC
ESC
Camera
Gimbal (Does it do this separately to the camera?)
Battery (seems to store/report multiple entries - confusing)
Controller

Seeing one success means nothing (aside from one thing being updated successfully).

It would be nice if their logs told you more clearly which component the entry was referring to.
Not sure, my understanding is when you first power on the AC with new FW in camera it does the AC, gimbal, ESC, camera and the battery that is in it makes a text report of success or failure and when you put another battery in it does that battery but doesn't log a report. the controller is upgraded via usb stick, until the next update and the controller leaves a log of success or failure. I think....

Not sure, my understanding is when you first power on the AC with new FW in camera it does the AC, gimbal, ESC, camera and the battery that is in it makes a text report of success or failure
Yep. That's my experience.

and when you put another battery in it does that battery but doesn't log a report.
That one I'm not so sure of. If you check the PDF I attached previously (I've included the log reports in it, and you can see that I erased the log files after every round of updates), you'll see that it seems to append the status of the battery update. Doesn't do it for any other components - just the batteries.
First battery - one entry in log
Delete the log file.
Second battery - two entries in log
And so on...

the controller is upgraded via usb stick, until the next update and the controller leaves a log of success or failure. I think....
Agreed - two txt files for the controller for some reason.

After the battery re-calibration for firmware update 1.3 one of my batteries shows message "Battery Cell Damaged". Also, one cell is 0.16 v lower than the others when fully charged.

I had the same problem, recalibrated at least 3 times, dji advised to send it in and its been at the LA facility for almost 4 weeks, ridiculous....status is under repair as of last week....

That one I'm not so sure of. If you check the PDF I attached previously (I've included the log reports in it, and you can see that I erased the log files after every round of updates), you'll see that it seems to append the status of the battery update. Doesn't do it for any other components - just the batteries.
Delete the log file.
And so on...

I have never seen a test log after the battery just the AC and RC.....hmmm my second upgrade and only the r

Delete the log file.
And so on...

Hmm, this is my second FW upgrade and both times only the two text files. Never anything for either battery. Wonder if it matter rev# or country or whether or not the aliens are watching waiting for the right time to probe us all.....oh oh wait wait wrong forum, **** this tinfoil hat

Question? this is my 4th update with the inspire 1 and the first 3 i had no problems but this last one was odd?

The update took 1 hour and 17 minutes then failed with the (continuous buzz tone) so i tried again with a fresh battery and it updated only the battery as if the update was a success? so i updated all 7 batteries and 2 controllers and checked the app and it says the AC is up to date?

then i flew 2 batteries down to 0% last night low to the ground in beginner mode just incase she decided to go crazy on me but it seemed to fly just fine. Then recharged the two back to 100% and both batteries life have dropped to 96%

the question is
1 has anyones update taken that long?IMG_3636.PNG

2 has anyones battery life dropped after the update?IMG_3642.PNG
3 should i trust the app saying it updated even though the file said it didn't?IMG_3638.JPG

Last edited:
Question? this is my 4th update with the inspire 1 and the first 3 i had no problems but this last one was odd?

The update took 1 hour and 17 minutes then failed! so i tried again with a fresh battery and it updated only the battery as if the update was a success? so i updated all 7 batteries and 2 controllers and checked the app and it says the AC is up to date?

then i flew 2 batteries down to 0% last night low to the ground in beginner mode just incase she decided to go crazy on me but it seemed to fly just fine. Then recharged the two back to 100% and both batteries life have dropped to 96%

the question is
1 has anyones update taken that long?View attachment 3176
2 has anyones battery life dropped after the update?View attachment 3177
3 should i trust the app saying it updated even though the file said it didn't?View attachment 3178
That is a rather long time for the update but if it completed successfully (with DD-D tones) then there should be no problem. The log txt files only reports a total success, failure or an abort. The abort indicates that all firmware with fitted battery are up-to-date.

The battery life and maximum charge will change due to new discharge algorithms. Having carried out the recalibration the latter will be corrected but the life remaining will stay uncharged.

The update took 1 hour and 17 minutes then failed with the (continuous buzz tone) so i tried again with a fresh battery and it updated only the battery as if the update was a success? so i updated all 7 batteries and 2 controllers and checked the app and it says the AC is up to date?

the question is

3 should i trust the app saying it updated even though the file said it didn't?View attachment 3178
yes i have BATTERY life drop from 100% to 91 % instantly after upgrade
other than that is ok... darn...

At least the GO App finally came out for android. I hope there's not too baby serious issues.

Just downloaded and updated to the new Android App. Tried to sync all my flight records which was failing on the last version. It also says it failed, but now they all disappeared from my local list. Not sure if they are completely lost, or will reshow at some random later date.

Noticed that the battery S/N now shows up when you look at battery logs. Not sure if that's new or has been there before.

the question is

#3 I would go for the file as it is closer to the hardware in question. The app may not care about who's hairline could get turned in to hamburger.

New Android app released! Unfortunately can't proceed with the upgrade due to the area I'm shooting (above the sea, rivers, mountains, no flat fields anywhere for a stress test in the Greek islands).

Can't wait to hear your feedback guys, I'm using a Samsung Tab S 8.4

My baby white jet fly's fine just how she is. Just her eye is a little cockeyed on the horizon at times [emoji12]

This reminds me of when my wife and I started dating, many years ago. Often, on the warm southern evenings, we'd be sitting in the shade of the front porch sipping lemonade. I'd cock an eye at her. She'd cock an eye at me and we'd sit there looking cockeyed at each other. :confused:

Last edited:
This reminds me of when my wife and I started dating, many years ago. Often, on the warm southern evenings, we'd be sitting in the shade of the front porch sipping lemonade. I cock an eye at her. She'd cock an eye at me and we'd sit there looking cockeyed at each other. :confused:
Bahahaha that's gold!

1.3 update finished on android. No problems at any stage of the upgrade.

Steps:
1. DJI GO app (updated automatically from Google Play Store)
2. Successful flight with DJI GO and 1.2.1.06 firmware!
3. AC update with version 1.3 was smooth. It took 20 mins. Only the bin file copied to the root of MicroSD, no need to erase or re-format.
4. Second battery updated successfully. It took ~4 mins.
5. RC update to 1.3 using the USB (same MicroSD using SD to USB adaptor) was successful. It took 3 mins.
6. Immediately after I powered up everything, the app indicated a new RC version 1.4.0.1 and prompted for download and update.
7. RC update to 1.4.0.1 was done through the Internet and the app. Successful and took ~6 mins overall.

What needs to be done yet:
1. IMU and compass calibration (not indicated, just to be on the safe side)
2. 100% - 0% - 100% recharge cycle for the batteries' new algorithm to take over
3. Test flights (this step will probably precede step 2. At the end, I'll let the batteries dry as much as possible below 5%.
4. Get familiar with the new app, looks the same, some buttons have changed places.
5. Understand new travel mode entrance-exit.

For those using Android like me, don't hesitate, follow DJI guidelines and everything will be ok.

Safe flying

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry