Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Firmware

We're talking about China aren't we, where there are 1,000,000,000,000,000 people to choose from :p

NO.

If you would own your own company, you would know how hard is to find qualified work power. Even if you get a qualified worker who has the experience it will take at least 2-3 months til he is familiar with the internal processes and the source code for the bird. then he can start to develop things....

as written before its very hard to find talented, experienced engineers. mostly you have to train them yourself which can take years.. or to steal them from your competitors..

NO.

If you would own your own company, you would know how hard is to find qualified work power. Even if you get a qualified worker who has the experience it will take at least 2-3 months til he is familiar with the internal processes and the source code for the bird. then he can start to develop things....

as written before its very hard to find talented, experienced engineers. mostly you have to train them yourself which can take years.. or to steal them from your competitors..

100% agree. Finding the right person/s, with the right pre-existing skill sets in control and flight algorithms, or imaging or software development experience, then training them with regards to DJI's internal processes, so new employees don't screw up and make things worse(which is as you all know, really bad), is a tall order...

These highly sought after experienced candidates could easily head to silicon valley or wall street or spaceX or Tesla...

Pretty sure no Inspire owner would want a fresh out of college computer science grad coding or making changes to their Inspire's flight control algorithms...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ward Paterson
100% agree. Finding the right person/s, with the right pre-existing skill sets in control and flight algorithms, or imaging or software development experience, then training them with regards to DJI's internal processes, so new employees don't screw up and make things worse(which is as you all know, really bad), is a tall order...

These highly sought after experienced candidates could easily head to silicon valley or wall street or spaceX or Tesla...

Pretty sure no Inspire owner would want a fresh out of college computer science grad coding or making changes to their Inspire's flight control algorithms...

They seem to have enough engineers to develop countless other products and rush them to the market. Maybe they should channel those employees efforts in the direction of ensuring the products they have released are up to scratch before they develop others!

Guys just so everyone knows - all firmware updates are released from China on China time during bussiness hours.

The dji app is usually updated on America time because Apple approves it and they work on America time - but you won't see the website updated with the new release until China come back online.

Firmware updates have usually occurred towards the end of the week and towards the end of the working day on China time.

Reactions: richard.dyson1
Guys just so everyone knows - all firmware updates are released from China on China time during bussiness hours.

The dji app is usually updated on America time because Apple approves it and they work on America time - but you won't see the website updated with the new release until China come back online.

Firmware updates have usually occurred towards the end of the week and towards the end of the working day on China time.
Useful nuggets of information. Although I'm not watching and hitting refresh like some may be.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'm not saying anything more for fear of being shot down and it being pulled last minute (again) :rolleyes:
We know you don't have anything to do with the actual date release but I still would like to know from anyone if options like ground station is coming even if they are a month off in timing.

The selfish part of me remains glad that DJI released Phantom3's FW update last week first, before Inspire's, letting phantom3 flyers take the brunt of being beta testers for the new firmware. Granted there are differences between Phantom3 and Inspire, i will still bet that there's quite a bit of similarities firmware-wise. The fact that the last Phantom3 firmware release ran into a lot of issues probably explains why they delayed the Inspire's next firmware release. All the better i say, test it on the Phantom3 community, find the bugs and make sure these bugs are not part of the next inspire firmware release. :) Personally, I be wary if they released the Inspire's firmware first before Phantom3's in the next cycle.

Trivia Question:

The US 48 states are about 2700 miles east to west, and have 3 time zones. China is over 3100 miles east to west. How many times zones do they have? (scroll down 10 lines for answer.)

Answer: 1, everybody is in Bejing time since the revolution in 1949.

Did that take your mind off the firmware update?

We know you don't have anything to do with the actual date release but I still would like to know from anyone if options like ground station is coming even if they are a month off in timing.
What the latest rumors suggest is that it will come... Now as to timing, should be somewhere between today and 2060. Very useful, eh? ;)

[QUOTE="Stealthmatt, post: 41867, member: 1249"...Firmware updates have usually occurred towards the end of the week and towards the end of the working day on China time.[/QUOTE]

The v1.2.1.06 was released on Tuesday May 26th.

FWIW

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cricgram