Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New fw v1.5.0.30 released now - 07.12.2015

Should i update my RC first before updating the craft, or it doesn't matter in which order i do it?

Or can i just update the craft to the latest firmware and skip the RC update? As i have understand it there ware no real benefits to upgrade the RC for me who only has the X3 camera.

Are there any downsides with updating to the new Inspire 1 firmware, i guess DJI doesn't write those things in the release notes, for example some new restrictions or other unwanted things?

Last edited:
You do need to upgrade all your batteries and you will get an on-screen reminder to do a full battery calibration (continuous 100% to 5% discharge) with each battery.
You say "continuous" discharge of battery. I flew the other say, got my batteries down to 24%, brought my I1 back to the office and ran all three batteries down to just under 5%, then recharged them fully. But I am still getting the warning message on the GobApp that I have to do the discharge to under 5%. So does it have to be a continuous discharge from 100% to 5%, then recharge to 100% for the GoApp to recognize you did it?

You say "continuous" discharge of battery. I flew the other say, got my batteries down to 24%, brought my I1 back to the office and ran all three batteries down to just under 5%, then recharged them fully. But I am still getting the warning message on the GobApp that I have to do the discharge to under 5%. So does it have to be a continuous discharge from 100% to 5%, then recharge to 100% for the GoApp to recognize you did it?
Yes. To recalibrate the batteries you need to run each battery from 100% to 5% (3.3V) or shutdown without switching them off. I normally top up the battery before I start (power on and on charger until lights go out) and then fly a normal flight but hold the aircraft in the hover from 20-15% cancelling all auto land attempts until 10-5% and then hold it on the ground with throttle up until motors cut. I then leave it powered up until the battery shuts down automatically.

When you recalibrate, what you are basically doing is telling the battery logic what is the high point (100%) and what is the low point (0%). If you interrupt the recalibration process before reaching zero, it will think that 24% is the low point. Which, of course, it isn't. By cycling down to under 3.3 volts, you are saying that 3.3 volts is really zero for the DJI batteries. That is why you never have to worry about going to 0% on a DJI intelligent battery. Because it really isn't 0 volts. Zero volts on a traditional LIPO will shorten the life of the battery or kill it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla