Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!
Reaction score
Everyone,

Enjoy this latest video from the Autopilot How-To Series that will walk you through all the capabilities added with the latest release around Pano Mode and Panorama’s via Waypoint Actions.

Autopilot How-To Video: Pano Mode

As an added bonus, based upon customer requests, I created a quick Autopilot 123 video on how I have been using Autopano Giga (separate software) to stitch the images together and host them on sites like Google Photos. You can use PT Gui, Panoweaver or other software if you’re interested. I’m pondering a deeper dive into this subject that I may release as a Udemy course…. But wanted to get this out!

Let me know what you think and start to share your creations!

How to stitch with Autopano Giga:

Reactions: damoncooper
I've enjoyed flying my Inspire since I bought it last fall, but Autopilot has been a real game changer. To be able to plan waypoint missions at home, eliminating the need for a camera operator and now Pano mode, what will they think of next? I know some say the interface looks intimidating, but truly once you plan and fly a very simple mission you will soon be navigating around like a pro.

Thanks for the pano mode, it's a beautiful thing.

Bob

Reactions: egoldy
I am using the 3.5 version trying to use the Pano mode in intermediate. I am using the spherical 360, 300 feet in altitude using my location. When I try to engage the flight I get a below deck 23 feet warning. The Inspire 1 is already at 300 feet and starts to ascend to max altitude of 400 feet. I did a default reset with the same results. I deleted the app and downloaded again with the same results. I am using an iPad Mini 4 with the latest iOS version and latest DJI Go app. I shut down the go app after I get airborne. Any help would be appreciated. I have watched the new video.

I am using the 3.5 version trying to use the Pano mode in intermediate. I am using the spherical 360, 300 feet in altitude using my location. When I try to engage the flight I get a below deck 23 feet warning. The Inspire 1 is already at 300 feet and starts to ascend to max altitude of 400 feet. I did a default reset with the same results. I deleted the app and downloaded again with the same results. I am using an iPad Mini 4 with the latest iOS version and latest DJI Go app. I shut down the go app after I get airborne. Any help would be appreciated. I have watched the new video.
When you engaged did you select current location instead of takeoff location for the altitude reference?

Reactions: SanCap
I just tried again with the same result and did a screen recording. I will post it in a little while. I must be doing something really stupid!

I did set to current location. I am deep cycling batteries today and have tried it 5 or 6 different times with the same result.

If you're taking off and then need to set the base altitude, you need to say "take off location", not "current location". It will then validate that you are at "300 feet". Try that.

As far as screen recordings, you need to turn screen recording on, and then turn screen recording off and it will prompt you to save. When you save, it will save a copy of the results to your photo roll.

Let me know if that fixes it.

Reactions: SanCap
If you're taking off and then need to set the base altitude, you need to say "take off location", not "current location". It will then validate that you are at "300 feet". Try that.

As far as screen recordings, you need to turn screen recording on, and then turn screen recording off and it will prompt you to save. When you save, it will save a copy of the results to your photo roll.

Let me know if that fixes it.

I will give that a try, I started and stopped the screen recording but did not save it. I will try it again on the next battery.

I will give that a try, I started and stopped the screen recording but did not save it. I will try it again on the next battery.

Pretty sure that's your issue. If you set the altitude reference at 300 feet to "0", and then tell it to fly to 300 feet, it's going to try and fly to 600 feet (which will be stopped by the max altitude).

The first try I forgot to move the switch to F. Later in the video it looked like it would work then it was framing and stalled. After that it did finally create a pano. I know I made some mistakes but it seems it does not always respond the same way to the same inputs. All advice is appreciated. There is nothing exciting in this video so if any one out there is not interested in trouble shooting don't bother watching.

It looked like once you got the switch in the right place, ti went through and captured all 37 pictures, right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips