Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

New Software a Must?

Reaction score
So I have my I1 for about 3 weeks and absolutely love it! Few weeks ago new software gets released. I am not ready to update I1, 2 remotes and 4 batts. When I start the app on my iPad I get the RED comments to update everything, but than I get the GREEN ready to fly. I have had one issue while flying, the iPad says "ATTI MODE" and I lose GPS flying, which I control the I1 and than it goes away and goes back to GPS. Than happens again. Yesterday I got a compass error so I calibrated the compass and than ATTI mode didn't happen on its own.

Is it a must to update the firmware, or can I wait till I am more comfortable?

So I have my I1 for about 3 weeks and absolutely love it! Few weeks ago new software gets released. I am not ready to update I1, 2 remotes and 4 batts. When I start the app on my iPad I get the RED comments to update everything, but than I get the GREEN ready to fly. I have had one issue while flying, the iPad says "ATTI MODE" and I lose GPS flying, which I control the I1 and than it goes away and goes back to GPS. Than happens again. Yesterday I got a compass error so I calibrated the compass and than ATTI mode didn't happen on its own.

Hey Jerry!!
The firmware update isn't mandatory..
I did mine two days ago and its OK..
Just a little heavy on the gains IMO..
This firmware fixes the dropping out of GPS mode issue..
I believe the compass causes many of the issues we experience but I'm not sure of dropping out of GPS is one of them..

As turbo says above, the update is not mandatory however you should note that the most recent FW addresses and fixes two important issues.
One you have already experienced in the Inspire drops into atti mode unexpectantly.
The other is the possibility of your Remote Control turning itself off mid flight. Although there have only been a handful of instances where that has happened, DJI did acknowledge there was an issue and identified the cause.
Personally, I would update to the latest FW versions with the exception of the latest app in either iOS or Android. In my opinion the latest incarnation of the apps are full of bloatware I will never use and triple the size of the program.
Aside from a different navigation layout and the pointless reintroduction of a satellite count they add nothing (in my opinion).
Some will love the toy Movie Maker rubbish and the false security blanket of satellite numbers but I prefer the existing app prior to the latest.
So.... I would say firmware yes, update. App, don't bother.

As turbo says above, the update is not mandatory however you should note that the most recent FW addresses and fixes two important issues.
One you have already experienced in the Inspire drops into atti mode unexpectantly.
The other is the possibility of your Remote Control turning itself off mid flight. Although there have only been a handful of instances where that has happened, DJI did acknowledge there was an issue and identified the cause.
Personally, I would update to the latest FW versions with the exception of the latest app in either iOS or Android. In my opinion the latest incarnation of the apps are full of bloatware I will never use and triple the size of the program.
Aside from a different navigation layout and the pointless reintroduction of a satellite count they add nothing (in my opinion).
Some will love the toy Movie Maker rubbish and the false security blanket of satellite numbers but I prefer the existing app prior to the latest.
All good info... I wish I hadn't updated the app.

Well, I'm not so sure about either. The FM has fixed some issues but has created others. The APP, same. Added some nice touches (alerts to need for cal or no cal) BUT the removal of channels is BAD news. Ham radio operators can 'broadcast' in the extended channels, but others cannot. Lots of video drop outs in the 1.3 iOS app

All good info... I wish I hadn't updated the app.
I guess that if you google on app1.0.10 you wil get the right one and re-install it.If you wish I can send you any android version,since I saved them all.Have them on my pc.

I'm afraid I have to update the app when ground station will come.
I hope that there will be a choice of an app with and without that crappy photo editing stuff.Like you I will not using this.
Maybe I will send this sugestion to DJI'
This latest app is way to many Mb's.

I guess that if you google on app1.0.10 you wil get the right one and re-install it.If you wish I can send you any android version,since I saved them all.Have them on my pc.
Thanks, I've got iOS though. It's not all that bad, and I'm not too worried about the size of everything I'm not using :).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44