Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Newbie from Switzerland needs help

Reaction score
Hey, I'm form Switzerland and I recently received a DJI inspire 1 pro as a gift.

I have been struggling to set it up for many hours now, despite watching multiple tutorial videos and reading the manual.

My problem is that I cannot link the controller to the drone itself. When I connect the remote to my iPad, it automatically shows a DJI phantom on the screen instead of an inspire, and whenever i change it to the inspire 1, it automatically goes back to the phantom. So when I go to the camera view under the "phantom", the drone is yet to be connected. I go under controller setting and press "Linking Remote Controller" but there is no countdown that goes on like all the tutorial videos. I still tried pressing the red sync button on the drone but nothing happens.

Sorry I'm completely new to the drone world so I may be missing something obvious. Does anyone know how to fix my problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

+Is this a firmware update issue? My controller doesn't show "needs firmware update" and I don't have a microSD card reader

Hi

Sorry I cannot help you, I'm also a newbie and I would have done the same.

I fly an inspire 1 around Lausanne and Neuchatel. Where are you from?

Cheers

Try deleting and reinstalling the Go app on your mobile device.
Another thing to try is to update the firmware on the aircraft. Make sure to do this with the remote turned off.
Keep us posted as to the results.

Grüezi! Welcome to the forum, I'm not from Switzerland but have spent many months over the years and love the country! I lived in St. Gallen for half a year.

You are running the DJI GO App correct? Not the GO 4 App?

When you start the Link RC process from the RC settings menu the RC does not beep indicating that it is searching for an aircraft?

Where was the unit purchased from?...and did the packaging show any signs of being opened? The aircraft and RC should be paired/linked out of the box if the unit was brand new.

Hoping we can help you get to the bottom of that soon!

Hey, I'm form Switzerland and I recently received a DJI inspire 1 pro as a gift.

I have been struggling to set it up for many hours now, despite watching multiple tutorial videos and reading the manual.

My problem is that I cannot link the controller to the drone itself. When I connect the remote to my iPad, it automatically shows a DJI phantom on the screen instead of an inspire, and whenever i change it to the inspire 1, it automatically goes back to the phantom. So when I go to the camera view under the "phantom", the drone is yet to be connected. I go under controller setting and press "Linking Remote Controller" but there is no countdown that goes on like all the tutorial videos. I still tried pressing the red sync button on the drone but nothing happens.

Sorry I'm completely new to the drone world so I may be missing something obvious. Does anyone know how to fix my problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

+Is this a firmware update issue? My controller doesn't show "needs firmware update" and I don't have a microSD card reader

We have seen a problem very much like this when the aircraft and remote controller are not on the same firmware. I'm wondering if it is possible that you were connected to the GoApp and updated your remote controller firmware and now you need to update the firmware on your Inspire 1. I see you mentioned that you do not have a microSD card reader, but you should have received the adapter to insert the microSD card into a regular size SD card so you can read and write to the microSD in any SD card reader. If so, you can download the latest firmware for your Inspire and get the copter up to date. Once you know both the copter and the remote controller are on the most recent firmware, you can try to link them again.

As you are new to this, if you have not read how to update the copter firmware, you will need to download it from DJI's website and put the .bin file onto an empty (not technically necessary thats its empty) microSD card and put the card in your Inspire's camera SD card slot. Do not turn the remote controller on. Make sure your props are off (this is for safety). Turn on the copter and let it sit and perform its update. Sometimes this takes a long time. Here are the beep patterns to listen for:

D = One Beep

Upgrading: ‘DDDD-DDDD-DDDD…

Upgrade succeeded: ‘D-DD, D-DD, D-DD…

Upgrade failed: ‘DDD-DDD-DDD…

Once your copter is up to date - and assuming your remote controller is up to date - try to link them together again.

Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sjoby08