Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No Image / No Signal

Reaction score
Need some help. I have updated the Inspire Firmware both on the RC and Inspire itself. I have lost image transmission when switched on. Status reads that there is no signal but i am able to control gimbal and fly too. Am just not getting any image on my iPad mini. Tried to record, so when i popped the micro sd card into the computer it captures and saved all recordings. So everything seems to be working fine except am not getting any real time images. Has anyone experienced this problem and how can i rectify it?
Note:- Before the firmware update was done Ive had hours of flight time and everything was perfect. problems only arose after new firmware updated.

Last edited:
It sounds like your upgrade of the controller did not install. Those were the symptoms I observed when upgrading the Aircraft, but before updating the controller. Try updating the controller again.

Need some help. I have updated the Inspire Firmware both on the RC and Inspire itself. I have lost image transmission when switched on. Status reads that there is no signal but i am able to control gimbal and fly too. Am just not getting any image on my iPad mini. Tried to record, so when i popped the micro sd card into the computer it captures and saved all recordings. So everything seems to be working fine except am not getting any real time images. Has anyone experienced this problem and how can i rectify it?
Note:- Before the firmware update was done Ive had hours of flight time and everything was perfect. problems only arose after new firmware updated.

Reactions: SyeqEmre
I am sure you tried this but in case you didn't, I had this issue YESTERDAY actually. I powered down each thing one at a time and brought it back up and it did not fix the issue. Powered down all three together (inspire, controller, and IPad) then powered them all back on and it worked. It was strange.

Reactions: SyeqEmre
Have the same issue, did you find a solution ?
Tried swapping the RC but still same result. I probably think its a camera issue now. Will pop my camera into another Inspire and see if it works like that. At least now I know it's not an RC issue. Definitely nothing wrong with the inspire.

cool, exact same issue here. Also did your 1080 25 option just disapear? Lost it after formware update.

From DJI technical support. :-
Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

For this issue, we need the answer of the following questions:
1. Have you tried another USB cable? Did it work?
2. Are you using the compatible devices? The compatible device list is attached.
3. Is it stating "no signal" all the time after the upgrade? Even before the aircraft was taken off?

Also, please kindly advise us the following information:
1. your name and country
2. dealer's name/ order number if bought from DJI online
3. product S/N

Thank you for choosing DJI.

My answers to all the questions were "yes".

From the answer provided by you we assume that there might be something went wrong in the aircraft, which we need the aircraft sent back to us for a further analysis. We have recorded and redirected you information to our related team, my colleagues there will contact you and help you with the following arrangement as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thank you for your cooperation and support on DJI.

Before sending back the inspire, we kindly want you to have a check on the "quick-release buckle" of the gimbal camera and attached us a photo of it, we will see if anything wrong with it.

Thank you for your cooperation and support.

Best Regards,

Had this, and still having it sometimes. In my case I get a "disconnected" message on first power on. black / no video feed. I tried power cycling everything and finally got it working. Nexus 7 and Kindle. Actually we hooked up an iPhone 6 at the time and it too showed "disconnected". Power cycling the remote got it working. Different USB cables. I read elsewhere to power on I1 and remote first and then power on tablet. Still trying to solve this - it's somehow related to USB or software I think.

I'm convinced its the firmware - can it be re-installed? Still have no image. Comes up overtime on power-up then disappears

In my case it's the camera. Put the camera onto another Inspire and it didn't work as well. Used another camera on my inspire and it worked.

I am having this same issue. I got my inspire yesterday, installed the firmware updates today, tested it to make sure everything works, and it did. Powered it down, and now when I power it up, I get no image from the camera. Also, when I power up, the gimbal doesn't do it's little spinning dance anymore. I powered down all the devices, pulled the battery out of the inspire body, put it back in and powered everything up, same issue.

Update: So I inspected the camera and gimbal, couldn't see anything weird there, removed them. Then took a look at the stabilizer plate, nothing weird there, so I removed it from the 4 rubber attachment point/shocks, and from there I could see the two cables that attach to the interface on the bottom, and... they weren't really plugged in. They were kind of half-plugged in. Pushed those in all the way, and reattached everything, and now everything works again. Very strange that they were loose, but as long as I don't have any more issues like this, I'm happy!!

Having same issues i'll check that out, there is the odd occasion the gimbal doesn't not spin on boot up with mine, does most of the time though - however a loose cable does make sense.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool