Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No Image Transmission signal ? Help

Reaction score
The image was very slow to none existent with lots of black screen.
Eventually I changed the gimbal rings connection panel and cables.
That was after trying everything else suggested including switching the RC.
Took it out for a test, the image was breaking up and slow them the No image transmission signal appeared in top left hand side of the screen.
Aircraft Inspire 1v2 Pro flew fine.
Any suggestions?

Hi Tim,

inhad the same problem but in my case the RC‘s slowly kind of died regarding the connection to the phone. i am located in Hungary (Europe) - in the states there are three cities called like Hungary and that is why i specify -
so i sent it in to the service here in my country and because i have a good connection with the guys one of the techs told me that the contruction of the USB modules is bad and over time they fry out... overheat...
i am having mine replaced for a whopping 100bucks each -give or take bcause of the currency... i also own a backup bird and have three RC‘s but chose not to repair the third one. the new module is a bit better construction with a metal kind of feel for better cooling - hence the ventilation in the I2 controlers.
first i also had the same problems coming up and then i found myself with no connection at all. i could fly the bird but no telemetry data whatsoever and no control over camera REC. i could control it but no pic, no options, no connection (video downlink) etc...

have a talk to the service or if you have a shop let them check with a different controller and if it works with theirs, the module of yours might be in last phase before dying completly...

I hope inam right and could give dou some good information. this was my case and as the tech told me i am not the only one with this issue.

cheers
Martin

Reactions: Tim Hudson
Hi Martin, thanks for responding, I read before about the weakness of the USB connectors. I could understand that if I was using the Main RC but I’d switched to a slave RC that never got any use. The problem Cannot be the aircraft transmitter because it’s transmitting the control data, it’s only image transmission that’s failed.

exactly, it will slowly die. the backupdrone Rac i sort of not used at all also dyed on me and the module (small add on with the usb ports, the hdmi and the aux connection for random programmed stuff)
that little piece of worthless **** goes dead after a while regardless of use. when that module goes dead, there is no connection to the phone nor charging it via RC or video downlink or telemtry... i will post back when i get my RC‘s back next week and make pics of the new modules. the never ending story of bad slave video was also never resolved by the mighty DJI instead the brought out the I2 as (imho the reason for bad video link is serious construction error placing and constructing the antennas) i tried to install two separate 5,8ghz within the RC‘s with no luck. then there was a thread talking about a firmware resolving the problem showing a proving with tests but since 1.4 did good for me i never upgrated any higher.

i really hope for you its a smaller issue but i think it will be the module.
mine started with not charging the phone. then no connection to the AC and then no connection at all but still having controll.

hope this helped a bit. if you have somone or your shop try to change only the module (4 screws and three cables) a matter of 5 min to exchange and check. if all works with the other module then you know what the problem is. of course DJI is not selling the separatly but you would have to send it in and wait a lifetime and pay a fortune (compared to the real value) to fix the issue like i did.

cheers
Martin

exactly, it will slowly die. the backupdrone Rac i sort of not used at all also dyed on me and the module (small add on with the usb ports, the hdmi and the aux connection for random programmed stuff)
that little piece of worthless **** goes dead after a while regardless of use. when that module goes dead, there is no connection to the phone nor charging it via RC or video downlink or telemtry... i will post back when i get my RC‘s back next week and make pics of the new modules. the never ending story of bad slave video was also never resolved by the mighty DJI instead the brought out the I2 as (imho the reason for bad video link is serious construction error placing and constructing the antennas) i tried to install two separate 5,8ghz within the RC‘s with no luck. then there was a thread talking about a firmware resolving the problem showing a proving with tests but since 1.4 did good for me i never upgrated any higher.

i really hope for you its a smaller issue but i think it will be the module.
mine started with not charging the phone. then no connection to the AC and then no connection at all but still having controll.

hope this helped a bit. if you have somone or your shop try to change only the module (4 screws and three cables) a matter of 5 min to exchange and check. if all works with the other module then you know what the problem is. of course DJI is not selling the separatly but you would have to send it in and wait a lifetime and pay a fortune (compared to the real value) to fix the issue like i did.

cheers
Martin
Thanks Martin,
If I can’t get a phone charge off the RC that with confirm it’s the USB ports.

Thanks to those of you that responded to my request for help. I tried all the suggestions and eventually seem to have a solution.
It’s was simple.
1, Change location on the iPad used for the DJI Go app from current country to USA.
2, Delete the DJI go app and restart iPad.
3, Reinstall DJI go app and change signal setting to custom and choose a frequency.
That’s it.

Often have the same problem, very annoying. (Camera view fails but can still control the bird) I have found that just unplugging the iPad/RC at the iPad connection the reconnecting usually, (not always) fixes the problem. I have tried closing the App & reopening works sometimes. I am now using another cable (Apple product) which seems more reliable. If you recall last year, iOS devices with v11.2 had lots of connectivity issues & Apple said this was fixed, maybe improved would be more correct. All this is another good reason to clearly have the drone in view at all times.

I have been having the same problem with my Cendence and my I2 with connectivity issues. Have tried all the above mentioned suggestions with the same results. Really don’t know what to do at this point except keep trying different cables, uninstalling and reinstalling the app, etc. It’s becoming extremely frustrating!! Any further suggestions/information would be appreciated.

Have had this since last Fall. Often just switching between the GoApp & Autopilot that I do a lot, causes the camera view to disappear (controls still work). Although very annoying, I have found consistently that by disconnecting the iPad, waiting a few seconds then reconnecting (sometimes repeating this) does recover the situation. If u google iOS 11.2 connectivity iPad iPhone you’ll see this is snagged as a big issue

Reactions: Phil DeVore
Have had this since last Fall. Often just switching between the GoApp & Autopilot that I do a lot, causes the camera view to disappear (controls still work). Although very annoying, I have found consistently that by disconnecting the iPad, waiting a few seconds then reconnecting (sometimes repeating this) does recover the situation. If u google iOS 11.2 connectivity iPad iPhone you’ll see this is snagged as a big issue
Thanks for the info and I’ll give it a try next time it happens. Seems like there’s always something that we have to deal with but that’s part of the issues with flying our drones.

Maybe unrelated but since the telemetry travels on crowded wifi channels around 2.4 GHz, my other procedure is, once the map is updated and home point confirmed, then all mobile phones and tablets close by (including the one used as the controller), are switched to airplane mode. If the GoApp still detects interference then I switch to channel 20.

Reactions: Phil DeVore
Maybe unrelated but since the telemetry travels on crowded wifi channels around 2.4 GHz, my other procedure is, once the map is updated and home point confirmed, then all mobile phones and tablets close by (including the one used as the controller), are switched to airplane mode. If the GoApp still detects interference then I switch to channel 20.
Yes I am going to start using the custom channels when needed from now on. Thanks for the info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo