Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

No signal/weak signal after latest FW

It seems to be the default setting for the HD video is Custom since I updated.
Good idea to check on this before you fly, although the last time I booted up it did stay on auto.
I don't know what's going on with DJI but I'm getting sick and tired of this.
Last night, I got a new message saying aircraft firmware upgrade is needed. What? I just updated Sunday.

Pounding my head over this RSS issue after firmware switch...flew with a buddy from atop a tall building downtown...we alternated flying. His Pro is on December firmware and previous RC firmware. My Pro is on latest firmware and latest RC firmware. I kept getting no signal and RTH would kick in...Once would think it was interference from the buildings around us. His had zero issues. Took his controller today and bound to my bird. Same issues. WTH?

Make sure your HD signal is set to auto and not custom. It seems the new firmware might have changed the default to custom after startup.

If it's the same with the other controller then it's either craft related or channel related

People often complain of poor range with FW changes but it's often nothing to do with it.

Try downgrading the craft FW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it's the same with the other controller then it's either craft related or channel related

People often complain of poor range with FW changes but it's often nothing to do with it.

Try downgrading the craft FW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exact next step i was taking. I wonder if that will also back down the RC firmware that just came over a couple of days ago.

Does anyone have any ideal when this new update will be available?
Support just emailed me stating that there is a glitch in the Go app which is why we are seeing (aircraft needs upgrade) and too Disregard upgrade message

app version 2.7.1

aircraft version 1,6,004

rc version 1.5.80

camera version 1.7.0.90

Update: I tried a buddy's RC again this morning with my bird. Same RSS issues. DJI suggested going back to 12/22 firmware. I did but it appears that was only a camera upgrade as aircraft version stayed the same. So....now what?

I was having the same problem yesterday where the inspire 1 would not connect and kept seeing the disconnected warning. It seemed to happen a lot more on my iPAD mini 4 and switched to my iphone 6 and was a bit better but the reception was terrible on both. Any idea why the iPad would be worse?

I was having the same problem yesterday where the inspire 1 would not connect and kept seeing the disconnected warning. It seemed to happen a lot more on my iPAD mini 4 and switched to my iphone 6 and was a bit better but the reception was terrible on both. Any idea why the iPad would be worse?

I don't believe that is any correlation to the issue. I've used the same iPad Mini 4 since it was released and the no signal issue just started about 10 days ago. I went back to previous firmware but it was only a camera update. So strange.

After much gnashing of teeth I decided to implement the inspire 32 channel hack and manualy selecting channel 31 on the RC.

Much better and my long range flights with litchi are without video breakup. Placebo effect? Who knows.

Any update on this? I have (had to...) upgrade to the latest firmware and i have bad video downlink at 20meters...this is ridiculous and totally unusable to do correct framing.
I never had this issue before. The channel selection is on auto.
This renders the inspire not usable anymore beyond just flying...

I ended up putting an antenna mod on for range to fix it. Not the answer you or I would really like but what I had to do. After installing the new antenna on the remote things went back to normal.

This is happening with my Inspire as well Since upgrading to the latest inspire firmware I am experiencing 'weak transmission' messages and intermittent blank iPad screen which culminates in the RTH message. This is even though the craft is only 10 mtrs away (I was carrying out a flight test). I have deleted the GO app and relinked the RC to the craft but to no avail -its still happening.
Any other ideas?
Thanks for any advice offered

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg