Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Optimized transportation mode

Reaction score
Anybody have any luck with this one? Haven't been able to make it happen.

New firmware update release notes says:

Optimized transportation mode. Now allows entering transportation mode even when the gimbal is
still attached to the aircraft. Transportation mode is automatically triggered when the gimbal is detached from the aircraft. Additionally, users can now immediately attach the gimbal after powering on the aircraft and exiting transportation mode.

Anybody have any luck with this one? Haven't been able to make it happen.

New firmware update release notes says:

Optimized transportation mode. Now allows entering transportation mode even when the gimbal is
still attached to the aircraft. Transportation mode is automatically triggered when the gimbal is detached from the aircraft. Additionally, users can now immediately attach the gimbal after powering on the aircraft and exiting transportation mode.
Does this mean we no longer have to power down to attach / detach?

Reactions: Kilrah
Yes it works. I recall finishing my flight, then selecting 'Enter Transport Mode' in the DJI Go App, it then states that it will power down the camera and you can detach it while the craft is still on. You'll know when the camera powers down as it goes limp, it then enters travel mode automatically. I haven't tried it in reverse to start flying though...

Reactions: DustyVisor
Yes it works. I recall finishing my flight, then selecting 'Enter Transport Mode' in the DJI Go App, it then states that it will power down the camera and you can detach it while the craft is still on. You'll know when the camera powers down as it goes limp, it then enters travel mode automatically. I haven't tried it in reverse to start flying though...
Do you have a certain amount of time to detach the camera? I wouldn't want it going into travel mode before I had finished.

Do you have a certain amount of time to detach the camera? I wouldn't want it going into travel mode before I had finished.
There is no time limit. With power on the I1 will sit there until the gimbal/camera is removed and then enter transport mode. However, you may find the camera enters self-test soon after it is reconnected when coming out of transport mode. I have yet to test if the suggested delay has been implemented in the formal release.

There is no time limit. With power on the I1 will sit there until the gimbal/camera is removed and then enter transport mode. However, you may find the camera enters self-test soon after it is reconnected when coming out of transport mode. I have yet to test if the suggested delay has been implemented in the formal release.

This means everyones OPs manual checklists and FRC's are wrong now. :rolleyes:

why would you want to enter travel mode with the camera attached? sounds like a very bad idea with camera damage waiting to happen to me.

why would you want to enter travel mode with the camera attached? sounds like a very bad idea with camera damage waiting to happen to me.
The new feature is designed to help save you time. You can still power down your I1, remove the camera, power up again and then enter transport mode. The new method allow you to leave the I1 powered up and initiate transport mode. The I1 legs do not move but power is removed from the camera (it goes limp). You can then remove the camera without risk and as soon as this is detected the landing gear lowers to transport mode. Then you can finally power down the I1 to go in the case.

Reactions: Djalma Ribeiro
The new feature is designed to help save you time. You can still power down your I1, remove the camera, power up again and then enter transport mode. The new method allow you to leave the I1 powered up and initiate transport mode. The I1 legs do not move but power is removed from the camera (it goes limp). You can then remove the camera without risk and as soon as this is detected the landing gear lowers to transport mode. Then you can finally power down the I1 to go in the case.
ah, ok, that makes much more sense, thanks.

Slightly off the topic, but how many of you transport the I1 in the case in a car?

I usually take the I1 in my car in flight mode, camera attached. I put something soft to support the camera in car movements. I find this is much quicker to do than put it in travel mode, then pack in the case etc. I only pack it in the case when really needed. How about you?

Slightly off the topic, but how many of you transport the I1 in the case in a car?

I usually take the I1 in my car in flight mode, camera attached. I put something soft to support the camera in car movements. I find this is much quicker to do than put it in travel mode, then pack in the case etc. I only pack it in the case when really needed. How about you?
I also leave mine in flight mode with camera attached and just have it on my back seat. Been working good so far but i could see a problem if you have to brake suddenly. I dont have anything supporting my camera which is maybe a bad thing, but its been working for about 7 months without a problem. Would love a hard case that would hold it with camera and props attached but they are huge and i really dont wanna spend $500 on one right now. Contemplated making my own from a husky toolbox case from home depot for $50 like someone from a different forum did but doing the custom foam layers job kinda scares me, heh

Recently bought this wheeled box from Homebase (UK) for £19 on sale. Added a 4" cushion foam. Not got all the cutouts done yet - waiting till my wife is out so I can hijack her electric kitchen knife lol. Props on, camera on, landing mode plus most of my gear. It's big but all fits nicely in the back of my Mitsubishi Warrior.
8223238443965e5389871b3e927cacc0.jpg

Edit: BTW it has never been in travel mode...well once when i bought it.

Last edited:
Recently bought this wheeled box from Homebase (UK) for £19 on sale. Added a 4" cushion foam. Not got all the cutouts done yet - waiting till my wife is out so I can hijack her electric kitchen knife lol. Props on, camera on, landing mode plus most of my gear. It's big but all fits nicely in the back of my Mitsubishi Warrior.
8223238443965e5389871b3e927cacc0.jpg

Edit: BTW it has never been in travel mode...well once when i bought it.
Smart and affordable. I like it a lot.

Yeah, I think its now about £30 though. Even so its a nice smart protective box, even got a padlock hole. I use a backpack when having to survey more remote places, still in landing mode including the NIR camera and A5000.
Which backpack do you use?

Back to the topic, landing mode to travel mode works as expected: 4x switch -> inspire control lamp goes to blue which obviously indicates the Gimbal is deactivated, remove Gimbal.

But... Travel mode to landing mode: 4 x switch -> Inspire goes to landing mode but control lamp directly switching green (ready to take off), if you attach the Gimbal now it immediately starts moving/adjusting itself. Doesn't feel right, there is no or no visible delay between attaching the Gimbal and start of its operation. Even the control light doesn't indicate any switch from inactive to active Gimbal interface (like in the other way around).

Normal/no reason for concern?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters